ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
12/19/20 6:14 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

LOVE the Ventura..

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/22 6:49 p.m.

Time for an update! I found an amazing timepiece from DeTomaso (yes, THAT DeTomaso):

https://www.detomasowatches.com/D02-38-01?voucher=special&gclid=CjwKCAiAsNKQBhAPEiwAB-I5zcUlr-DPnAmCieU3zdK6Xi-ZcN5m4Yue9Fx5cb8g2cM18H3tXmeX-BoCBp4QAvD_BwE

It's a quartz movement chronograph and it's 25% off for 8 more hours. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/22 7:21 p.m.

That thing isn't shy. Loud colors and a clean design, nice.

Javelin
2/22/22 7:22 p.m.

They have other versions. A racing chronograph should be loud though. I love it.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/22/22 7:35 p.m.

Latest gift from my wife

Javelin
2/22/22 7:46 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

That's not my style and I still love it!

drock25too
drock25too Reader
2/23/22 8:38 p.m.

This  Timex Automatic was my Dad's favorite watch. He died in  1987 and  he had it for a while before that. Not sure how old it is, but it's still ticking. 

This was my Grandfather's pocket watch that he always carried in the  chest pocket of his overalls. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/23/22 9:30 p.m.

I've been wearing this one a lot lately. It was the first nice watch Jodi gave me. 

mainlandboy
mainlandboy Reader
2/24/22 2:59 a.m.

Would love to have a Reservoir GT Tour, but it's much more than I'm willing to spend on a watch:

https://www.reservoir-watch.com/en/watches/cars/gt-tour/gt-tour/

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/22 9:34 a.m.
Javelin said:

Time for an update! I found an amazing timepiece from DeTomaso (yes, THAT DeTomaso):

https://www.detomasowatches.com/D02-38-01?voucher=special&gclid=CjwKCAiAsNKQBhAPEiwAB-I5zcUlr-DPnAmCieU3zdK6Xi-ZcN5m4Yue9Fx5cb8g2cM18H3tXmeX-BoCBp4QAvD_BwE

It's a quartz movement chronograph and it's 25% off for 8 more hours. 

Damit, I bought myself one. I have nothing yellow in my collection yet. 

Javelin
2/24/22 11:20 a.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Love the Seiko Jody gave you and heck yeah I'm watch brothers with Wally!!!

Keith Tanner
2/24/22 1:27 p.m.

I recently stumbled back into the watch rabbit hole. I got a friend into Soviet watches and he retaliated by bringing 24h movements to my attention. So this is what I'm wearing today.

Minute hand works as usual, the hour hand does just one revolution per day. It's hard to adjust to but gives you a very interesting perspective on the passage of a day. I quite like it.

I also picked up a new desk clock, an AChS-1 dash clock from a MiG that I think dates to the 60s. I put it in a case I designed and built. Gives a nice 4Hz tick to the office. It's actually got radium paint on the hands but it's aged to pretty low lume.

Javelin
2/24/22 1:45 p.m.

I want both of those!

Keith Tanner
2/24/22 2:40 p.m.

Most of the AChS-1 clocks on eBay - and there are legion - are coming out the Ukraine. So it's possible that supply has been interrupted. But you can always look. Searching for A4C picks up a few other viariarions. It depends on how the Cyrillic has been westernized. 

If you get one, I'll ship you the parts for the case :)

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
2/24/22 4:40 p.m.

I asked for a new watch for Christmas without specifying.........

All wood case and band...........

RichardNZ
RichardNZ Reader
2/24/22 5:46 p.m.

I like both your 'Russians' but despite working in 24h time mixed in with UTC for much of my career I'm not sure I could get my head around the 'slow' hour hand. 
I bought this critter recently, ostensibly to keep track of the time at BiL's in CT, but really just 'cos I liked the looks. Normal hands are as you would expect the extra hour hand is independently settable and takes all day to go round.

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
2/25/22 3:52 p.m.

Nice watches guys. Really dig the 24 hour hour hand. Might have to hunt one down

last few days and most Saturdays I rock my Casio G Shock. $30 on sale but I have wanted one since I was in grade school

Vracer111
Vracer111 HalfDork
2/27/22 2:28 p.m.

Wearing the Magrette Dual Time ( micro-brand limited edition production using Mitoya 9015 hacking movement) this weekend... had it since they originally came out and my favorite watch - running it on a black Maratac Zulu band (also have orange one.) Only thing I wish were different was it had bigger crowns & crown threading, other than that love the excellent lume, and fit/finish of it. Has been everywhere with me hiking, travelling, swimming, etc and still going well though a tad fast, should regulate it down some but don't really want to open it up if don't have to, and normally only wear it a day at a time every week so have to wind it up when want to wear it anyways.

My daily/beater is a Casio Gshock GW-M5610 (the older original 3159 module) with jaysandkays 22mm strap adapter & bullbar and a Crown & Buckle shadow/black PVD Matte Supreme NATO strap. Everything I want in a daily... can take abuse, replaceable outer cover to case, solar powered & very accurate time that automatically syncs with atomic clock to keep it accurate, and lightweight/small sized case which fits well under work gloves. Like how it looks and the blue/green elctro-luminescence (which newer module loses, gets very meh white LED instead).

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
2/28/22 8:51 a.m.

I love pocket watches and am trying to collect two more so I can give each of my kids one. (Anyone want to sell any??)

this one was a great great uncle's  it doesn't have a glass cover but the mechanicals under the back cover are beeeautiful   

and this one I just picked up  it's heavy and is called a sidewinder   Used in the train world, you can only adjust the time by unscrewing the cover because they didn't want the time accidentally getting changed  

i wear them at work and they can evoke some great conversations

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
2/28/22 1:10 p.m.

I've been mood to wear the Mako XL again lately. Not sure I love the blue strap with the green bezel but it was the only strap I had this size and wanted to try it on a strap.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
3/1/22 12:28 a.m.

Still like to wear my Christopher Ward C60 Bronze automatic diver, which I started this thread with. New leather strap as of a couple weeks ago:

Gary
Gary UltraDork
3/1/22 12:46 a.m.

But I also love my first Christopher Ward watch, which I acquired about five or six years ago. I took it on our trip to Palm Springs and wore it when I was cruising the McCormick Auction field this past weekend and I got a few compliments.

Javelin
3/23/22 10:09 p.m.

Decent score on sale tonight

I know these aren't anything collectible or nice, this is for a specific purpose. I have a Martini stripe band that needs a sturdy and affordable timepiece on it for wearing at the track. This has a dark blue face that should match the dark blue color on the band. Just something fun!

Javelin
3/23/22 11:27 p.m.

And finished!

Looks decent on too.

Oh and the best part:

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/24/22 12:20 a.m.

My dad passed away a few weeks ago and I took over his watch that my mom bought him in 1958. I grew up watching him wind it every morning.  I took it in for a tune up and the guy told me it should be accurate to around 5 seconds a day. 

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1NJUnn4DEd2ac6rVhqeJekKpgkxd1rFgtxwfmdyAuFqDGfWPhfvim0f6scxLApYx