1 2
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/10/20 10:49 a.m.

Just like the title says.

Is there wall mounted track, or did you just build shelves? Keep them all in a hot wheels garage?

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
4/10/20 10:52 a.m.

Mine used to all hang on a wall with thumb tacks. Lots of holes. Now they live in a box in my daughters closet because the room I used to use is now occupied. 

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/10/20 11:10 a.m.

I take all mine out of the package.  I made a rack for the wall out of hobby boards and all-thread.  Linky Link

It is packed full now and I am going to make another one soon.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/10/20 11:19 a.m.

Stuffed and crammed into various nooks and crannies about my office. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/10/20 11:43 a.m.

I have about 10 or so sitting on my home office desk in front of a Die Cast  Citroen Xsara T4 WRC-2001 car, not sure of the scale.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/10/20 12:20 p.m.

In reply to logdog (Forum Supporter) :

Ah ha! I thought I remembered seeing that before. And I already have a bunch of all thread. 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
4/10/20 12:50 p.m.

Half my office walls are pegboard, so I hang them up.

Or the ones that are opened I get creative (I know they are MicroMachines, but I have hot wheels crammed away in the same manner):

D2W
D2W Dork
4/10/20 12:59 p.m.

mine are all drivers so they end up on shelves, in boxes ect. The coolest display shelf i have seen is a 70s chevy pickup grill with the cars sitting on the square eggcrate.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
4/10/20 2:06 p.m.

Against my wife's wishes I have a bunch of small nails in my office wall and hang them 4 too a nail. It's not a good method but it keeps them safely in the package! 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
4/10/20 2:15 p.m.

My cluttered desk at work. 

travellering
travellering HalfDork
4/10/20 4:02 p.m.

I don't have many....

Those are el-cheapo fishing tackle boxes from Lowes with adjustable dividers.  The ones still in box with the cardboard backing(on right side of photo) are slid into a strip of edging trim material with a flattened c-profile.

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/10/20 4:10 p.m.

Mine are currently getting played with :)

I like travellering’s tackle boxes on the wall

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/10/20 5:31 p.m.

Truck grille.  Almost every brand used an egg crate design at some point. 

Dave
Dave Reader
4/10/20 5:50 p.m.

Sadly mine are in a box, in the garage.

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
4/10/20 5:59 p.m.

Boxes in the basement.  That needs to change.  

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/11/20 8:00 a.m.

I have a lot of hot wheels, most are boxed because I don't play with them but a few like the square body chevys and the dodge a100 I have one carded and one loose of each. Carney makes these nice wall shelves though.

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/11/20 8:30 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

I have one of those, my wife has four! She does Jeeps and any older pickups.

I also have a little (24 spaces) box at my office and a few carded and 10-12 loose on a shelf in the garage.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/11/20 8:42 a.m.

I have pretty well every hot wheel made from 94 to current. It's sickening, I'd love to lose the entire collection to a fire or something so I could move on to something else but I can't just quit ...lol

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/11/20 8:51 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

My deceased BIL had, I don't really know, 30 years worth? He always bought the complete case for each year and traded for 1000's more all the time. After he died his wife practically gave them all away. 

We don't speak to that branch of the family,

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/11/20 11:22 a.m.
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to chandler :

My deceased BIL had, I don't really know, 30 years worth? He always bought the complete case for each year and traded for 1000's more all the time. After he died his wife practically gave them all away. 

We don't speak to that branch of the family,

I actually traded my Datsun 1200 GTL for a guys collection. Kinda crazy. 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/25/20 7:38 a.m.

Thought I'd throw my brothers 911 collection up here, I don't think everything is opened yet

these are the cheapo Amazon knockoffs of the carney cases about two years ago.

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
5/25/20 7:51 a.m.

I have some older ones from growing up in a bag in the coat closet. Others are hanging on the bedroom wall by my dresser thumb tacked on a piece of trim wood.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
5/25/20 8:02 a.m.

I just have one. My wife gave it to me for a birthday a few years ago because it's a Datsun like my 280z and it's also Sung Kangs car and I like him in the FnF movies.

All my others were sold to a toy collector when my parents cleaned out their house.  I'd rather not start collecting hot wheels again and I still have a massive 1/18 scale collection that I need to liquidate.

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
5/26/20 9:19 a.m.

In my old shop they were stapled into a wall cover, now they live in boxes in my new shop. Some have been free'd by the minions for their intended purpose and are scattered around the house.  I need to find a way to display them again.

BFH_Garage
BFH_Garage New Reader
5/26/20 12:19 p.m.

Case built out of a speed limit sign, 1x4 wood, a wood 18x24" picture frame from Hobby Lobby and some aluminum strips for shelves. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
THYX1urhBoSpHWKhj8x2AQUPwFL5Ovr4XrSd9Xb8B9HXnsIO1C5EYoDiJIQFm7KX