pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/2/18 9:26 p.m.

I accidentally added a thread to my "Watch List" this evening and would like to remove it. Since I couldn't find an option anywhere to remove threads once they are added, I un-checked the "get e-mail notificiations" box on my profile page as a workaround..yet I am still getting e-mails. So that seems to be broken!

Short of marking the notifications as spam in my e-mail account, how can I fix this?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/2/18 9:33 p.m.

In reply to pointofdeparture :

Click Your Watchlist from the drop down menu. On that page are links to all the threads you are currently watching.  Next to each thread link is the Remove option. Click Remove next to the thread that you no longer want to receive emails for. 

As for not receiving any emails for all watched items, I believe it takes a few minutes to an hour for those to stop but they should cease if you choose that option.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/2/18 9:36 p.m.

Aha, I missed it in the drop down menu! I was going nuts trying to find a link from my Dashboard or Profile page. Thank you!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/2/18 9:41 p.m.

You're welcome! yes 

ApexEight
ApexEight New Reader
12/22/18 11:54 a.m.

Bump. I can't see to find the drop down menu? All I have is a list of watched threads, when I click Profile.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/22/18 12:15 p.m.

On this page, find the pull down menu titled

Jump to... 

One of the choices that you can Jump to is Your Watchlist

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/22/18 12:22 p.m.

Further, let's say you want to add this thread (or any thread) to your watchlist... 

At the top of this page, near the title you will see some small icons for Facebook and Twitter. The first icon is an eye ball. One click on that eye will add this thread to your watchlist. 

MrSmokey
MrSmokey New Reader
12/22/18 12:47 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Further, let's say you want to add this thread (or any thread) to your watchlist... 

At the top of this page, near the title you will see some small icons for Facebook and Twitter. The first icon is an eye ball. One click on that eye will add this thread to your watchlist. 

Hey that’s cool ... didn’t know that

ApexEight
ApexEight New Reader
12/22/18 9:08 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Thank you sir! Yeah, I knew about the eyeball, and thought that clicking it again after watching it would unwatch it, but it instead takes you to an error page. Drop down menu worked perfect though. Thanks again!

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/24/20 2:52 p.m.

Bumping a zombie thread. I did the same thing as the OP recently.  There does not seem to be a way to remove myself from a watched thread.  I'm using Chrome on Windows 10 if that matters.  

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/24/20 3:19 p.m.

I used the watch list as a gauge of what I was reading when I was too drunk to click in the right spots.

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
8/24/20 3:26 p.m.

In reply to PMRacing :

That screen shot is what you see when you go to your profile or click on your screen name. That is not the path you want for editing your watch list. 

The path you want is Jump To - > Your Watchlist.

That will bring up your watchlist and every line of the list will have the option to remove. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/24/20 3:55 p.m.
PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/24/20 4:01 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) :

Oooohhhh....thank you!

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/24/20 4:24 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Big list?

Stampie (FS)
8/24/20 6:32 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

Four so far so guess I can hold my liquor.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/24/20 8:21 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Or you are smart enough not to drink & browse...either way seems like you're doing OK. smiley

Stampie (FS)
8/24/20 8:33 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

Nope not that smart at all.  Pretty sure I've bought my best vehicles here while buzzed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0Gt0r9JyCHrqS8Id3dJLpNZFW5luFMIyfJw7fNKOlcmW21UWIllWehcRkFFcJxms