1 2 3
Lesley
Lesley Dork
11/2/08 2:28 p.m.

I don't mind candy corn. Sure beats that molasses-tasting brown E36 M3 that comes in the orange/black/white wrapper. That's just farking nasty.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/2/08 4:42 p.m.

Oh come on!!! My absolute favorite confectionary of all time is Candy Corn and although I wouldn’t be particularly surprised if folks from some snooty car board turned up their cultured, pristine noses at the treat, I’m truly disappointed in you guys.

Candy Corn gets the job done; period…name anything that provides the sheer fructose per unit of mass or volume that it does…of course you can’t; you’d be a fool to even try.

Add to that the fructose to cost ratio and you’ve got the makings of a real legend.

I admit that I’m what some describe as a cheap date…prefer Cat Fish to gourmet species …have no problem getting down a Coors Light…feel that Joan Jett will soon be appreciated for the paradigm shattering artist she was…but come on!!! Candy Corn stands on its own merits.

Perhaps its qualities are lost in the details…purchase a “Family Value” sized bad early in the season so you’re getting the craftsmanship of the master chefs before they reluctantly had over control to their protégés out of total exhaustion. Spread the conical wonders out on a non absorbent plate “fine porcine is preferred” being careful to ensure that contact isn’t made between them. And allow them to rest in a cool, dark location until an ever so fine crust of sugar granules form.

Now, try them and tell me you’re not a convert.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/2/08 7:12 p.m.

Candy corn is disgusting.

I gave out a mix of Twix, Kit Kat, Snickers, Milky Way, Butterfinger, 3 Musketeers, Baby Ruth, 100 Grand, M&M's and Nestle Crunch

i.e. "good candy"

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/2/08 8:55 p.m.
Lesley wrote: I don't mind candy corn. Sure beats that molasses-tasting brown E36 M3 that comes in the orange/black/white wrapper. That's just farking nasty.

They don't understand, Lesley. That stuff isn't sold in the US.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/2/08 9:00 p.m.

Dang. I'm definatedly hitting up Gamby's house next year!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/2/08 9:24 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Dang. I'm definatedly hitting up Gamby's house next year!

i'm right there with you. chocolate wins.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/2/08 9:26 p.m.

Just come to the door wearing good costumes, folks.

I'll hook you up.

BTW--quite a few of my trick-or-treaters and parents complimented my "scary yard" this year. I went all-out this year.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
11/3/08 11:13 a.m.

I think Candy Corn is to Halloween as Fruit Cake is to Christmas-type holidays. Candy corn and those orange-wrapper peanutbutter-like taffy things are sort of interchangeable in their ambiguous, generic, what-is-this-and-where-did-it-come-from aura.

Clem

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
11/3/08 12:08 p.m.
Keith wrote:
Lesley wrote: I don't mind candy corn. Sure beats that molasses-tasting brown E36 M3 that comes in the orange/black/white wrapper. That's just farking nasty.

That's where you're wrong. Unfortunately we get that nasty E36 M3 down here too. And I have to agree, it seems like it was made in the 70's. And what's with the weird chunks that you find occasionally? That stuff is just plain wrong.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/3/08 2:45 p.m.

Candy corn isn't too bad, it's circus peanuts I can do without

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
11/3/08 3:33 p.m.
Keith wrote:

Going by the description, I'm glad it ain't.

I'm lukewarm on candy corn now but I loved it as a kid.

PeteWW
PeteWW New Reader
11/3/08 3:34 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkFGkO83GZU

It's an inside joke for small children.

Peter

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt HalfDork
11/3/08 3:37 p.m.
Keith wrote:

That sounds a lot like Tootsie Rolls to me... down to m distaste for them.

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
11/3/08 4:08 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote: Carnauba wax is usually added.

What can be wrong about a candy that can also be used to polish your car?

I like candy corn only in season, I get tired of it pretty quick.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
11/3/08 4:31 p.m.

What about those candy pumpkins that are made out of the same crap as the candy corn. Bleh!

I can't believe that not everyone knows about the orange and black wax paper wrapped molasses and peanut butter crap candy! With a little research I've come to find out they're called peanut butter kisses, and made by various companies, but rarely have any name or printing on the wrapper. I'm guessing most companies are embarrassed to sell such garbage. http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/item/melster_peanut_butter_kisses/

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
11/3/08 4:33 p.m.

Oh, and apparently the chunk of crap in the center, that I previously mentioned, is "peanut butter". Whatever.

Will
Will New Reader
11/3/08 5:11 p.m.
RX Reven' wrote: I admit that I’m what some describe as a cheap date…prefer Cat Fish to gourmet species …have no problem getting down a Coors Light…feel that Joan Jett will soon be appreciated for the paradigm shattering artist she was…but come on!!! Candy Corn stands on its own merits.

Coors Light is fine, catfish is okay, Joan Jett is the greatest female artist in the history of rock and roll, but candy corn still sucks. If something bad is cheap it's still bad.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt HalfDork
11/4/08 10:27 a.m.
16vCorey wrote: I can't believe that not everyone knows about the orange and black wax paper wrapped molasses and peanut butter crap candy! With a little research I've come to find out they're called peanut butter kisses, and made by various companies, but rarely have any name or printing on the wrapper. I'm guessing most companies are embarrassed to sell such garbage. http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/item/melster_peanut_butter_kisses/

Now I know what you're talking about. I haven't seen those in years but they still gross me out.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
11/4/08 10:46 a.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote:
16vCorey wrote: I can't believe that not everyone knows about the orange and black wax paper wrapped molasses and peanut butter crap candy! With a little research I've come to find out they're called peanut butter kisses, and made by various companies, but rarely have any name or printing on the wrapper. I'm guessing most companies are embarrassed to sell such garbage. http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/item/melster_peanut_butter_kisses/
Now I know what you're talking about. I haven't seen those in years but they still gross me out.

Huh. My kid got one of those which was wrapped in wax paper the same color as the candy. Kinda gross looking, we were going through her stuff and she actually tossed it out.

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
11/4/08 10:59 a.m.

Tootsie rolls are haute cuisine in comparison. There was a house that we skipped every year growing up, since you knew that you were going to get a big handful of that nastiness handed across the stoop.

MadScientistMatt wrote:
Keith wrote:
That sounds a lot like Tootsie Rolls to me... down to m distaste for them.
JmfnB
JmfnB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/4/08 12:56 p.m.

Kieth and Lesley, it the molasses crap you guys are talking about has a peanut buttery type center in it then we get it... And I love it.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/4/08 1:27 p.m.

That's not it.

This is.

They're called Kerr's "Molasses Kisses".

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/4/08 9:26 p.m.
16vCorey wrote: What about those candy pumpkins that are made out of the same crap as the candy corn.

They rule, too.

integraguy
integraguy Reader
11/4/08 9:48 p.m.

Hey Dave, did you hear what Jay Leno said monday night (Nov. 3rd)? The economy is doing so bad, that folks are ACTUALLY eating candy corn...or words to that effect.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
11/5/08 3:33 a.m.

From an outsiders perspective and from one who loves Vegemite, Candy Corn appears to be dingleberries from the hounds of hell butts.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4ZL7sqanGxvYPlEXQVExMOi8Noz6me3qrew590VmVDuPhMDoObBg2gXHn4v1ajwJ