1 2
Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/14/22 9:30 a.m.

In reply to SV reX :

Good thoughts. Thanks!

What I have so far is this, using the normal form we have been using. I have digitized it on GoFormz to be an interactive worksheet. Unless it is filled out properly and completely, you can't save it and move on to the next sheet. It will hold two pictures and is printable as a PDF. The top left box is a bar code scanner. Each door will get a barcode sticker for inventory and tracking. The forms can be dumped into a report and organized however you want. If the customer wants service on a door, they can send us the barcode number and that tells us everything about the door including its location, and hardware. I'm still doing some refining but I should have it ready to roll by the end of the week. 

20221114_092037.jpg

I am probably going to set up our service tickets the same way and make them so they automatically email to the office when they are completed. That will speed up billing and keep the guys from misplacing tickets. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
11/14/22 11:06 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Can you set that up so that any item with a blank checkbox would be invisible?

Its a busy form, that would drive most facilities managers nuts. 

I realize those are all things you need to check, but the facilities manager only needs to see the deficiencies. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
11/14/22 11:09 a.m.

Edited. Irrelevant. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
11/14/22 11:17 a.m.

Another suggestion...

Would it be worth modifying your form to have "Yes/ No" checkboxes on every line?

As is, it isn't clear if your staff inspected every line item. It looks like they found 3 deficiencies, but may or may not have overlooked other items on the list. 

If your staff was forced to check a box on every line, it would be clearer that they had actually inspected each item. 

Advan046
Advan046 UberDork
11/14/22 3:22 p.m.

In reply to SV reX :

Agreed that negative responses should be as clear as positive responses of issue found.

@Toyman! - Also, start thinking about internal facing versus customer facing data sorting. Your customer may want a specific set of data for their internal reporting and compliance while you need separate reports for billing, staffing, and contract tracking matters. Your form looks great and it can be a great start to data collection. But may not function very well as a database or reporting tool. I have found these things to be annually or bi annually evolutionary. It is a moving target and you grow and adapt. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/14/22 3:45 p.m.

The form is not for the customer. That will be an internal tool only. The customer will get a report stating a pass or fail and the reason. The rest of the information would just confuse them. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
11/14/22 9:20 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Even as an internal document, the Yes/ No for every line is important. 

"Joey, you skipped the line indicating whether the label was missing. Did you check?"

"Oh crap. I forgot."

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/14/22 10:14 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Awesome that that software might be working out for you. Keep us updated. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WTE5D2LuPbXr8ZxwjG9af36ZSL08bbJpwGo8KwPUS0ljkgIRqZmtxxrudphtrIYh