1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
STM317
STM317 UltraDork
1/19/16 1:07 p.m.

Great work!

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
1/19/16 1:37 p.m.

That is some impressive stuff! Nice work!

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
1/19/16 1:55 p.m.

Great job.!

chandler
chandler PowerDork
1/19/16 2:52 p.m.

Nice!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/16 11:07 a.m.

Two more U.S. Patents issued (#5 & #6): 9,301,871 and 9,326,890.

Still ramping up sales in U.S. and around the world, but the take rate is growing slower than we would like.

We are receiving overwhelmingly positive data from users, for both ease of use and effectiveness. We continue to present information and status at global emergency medicine conferences.

There is at least one reported use for prevention of hypothermia during a skin graft operation for a burn victim. Typical OR room temperature would be very high during this procedure, limiting the time a Dr could work on the patient and extending the duration of the procedure. With our device providing patient core warming, the room temp can be maintained at a comfortable level for the med team, reducing the number of breaks required and ultimately getting the job done much more quickly.

Still working on distribution deals to expand our market, and still in talks with potential buyers / licensers of the technology.

Exciting times ahead (I hope)!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/5/16 11:09 a.m.

Wow, that's a pretty clever use of your technology! Congratulations on the continued success.

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/15/16 8:24 p.m.

Hey Angry, sent you a PM earlier today. Let me know if you got it.

AngryCorvair
5/16/16 10:36 a.m.

In reply to PMRacing:

Got it, thanks!

AngryCorvair
5/26/17 10:42 a.m.

Zombie revival: our 7th patent issued (9,622,909), sales are continuing to grow at a good rate, still operating in the red but maybe for not much longer if current rate is sustained. much like crack, first-time customers have become repeat customers about 100% of the time. ;-)

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/26/17 10:44 a.m.

Hell yes!

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
5/26/17 10:55 a.m.

Congratulations on your continued success. Great story.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/26/17 11:51 a.m.

Gotta respect a guy whose business plan includes "Hos" and "crack". Lol!

Congrats!

AngryCorvair
7/12/17 12:22 p.m.

Monthly gross sales topped $100k for the first time last month. Our monthly burn rate is pretty consistent at about $250k. Could be in the black by 1Q 2018. :-)

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/17 12:26 p.m.

That is awesome!

JmfnB
JmfnB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/17 1:31 p.m.

Congratulations P!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/12/17 1:40 p.m.

Terrific!

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
7/12/17 1:45 p.m.

Excellent! Congrats.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
7/13/17 9:19 a.m.

Very nice! congrats!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/18 1:28 p.m.

we recently received another FDA 510 (k) clearance.  This one covers using the central lumen for feeding

sales growth is slow but steady, and we're still forging ahead.

we've also changed the name of the company and the name of the device. that's all happening above my pay grade. anyway, if you want to check it out, the company formerly known as Advanced Cooling Therapy Inc.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
1/11/18 1:45 p.m.

Send some literature to the burn units (Shriner's and UTMB) at Galveston.  I dunno what your product sells for, but the Shriner's side spares no expense at all in the care of their patients.  Whatever is the latest and best in the world is what they have.  And the UTMB side likes to do studies on new stuff and write journal articles about it.

onemanarmy
onemanarmy Reader
1/11/18 1:53 p.m.

Awesome story.

I can't believe this idea wasn't implemented years ago.  Seems so simple, I thought something like this already existed.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/18 2:23 p.m.

I haven't forgotten that you told me you were going to buy a V8 Miata when this was a reality wink

Fantastic work. Making cars go fast doesn't make the world a better place, but this does.

AngryCorvair
1/11/18 3:25 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I haven't forgotten that you told me you were going to buy a V8 Miata when this was a reality wink

Neither have I.   When I tell people I drove one of your V8 cars, they turn all green with envy.   I will make it happen one day.

Fantastic work. Making cars go fast doesn't make the world a better place, but this does.

Don't sell yourself short.   My work keeps people alive.   Your work makes people happy.  :-)

AngryCorvair
1/11/18 7:49 p.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess :

If you know someone there, an introduction would be much appreciated.  PM me, please!

AngryCorvair
6/5/18 9:36 a.m.

brief update:  

thanks to recommendation / reference from Dr. Hess, that ball is rolling.

2018-05-22 we received another FDA 510k approval for another version of our device.   this one is designed to be used with a specific cooling/warming system and specifically focuses on warming. 

and here's a snip of the latest press release , which gives a snapshot of current status of FDA and CE Mark approvals:

[quote] Attune Medical (as Advanced Cooling Therapy) received US FDA de novo clearance for the EnsoETM (Esophageal Cooling Device or ECD) in 2015 for use with the Medi-Therm III by Stryker®. The company received FDA 510(k) clearance in 2016 for use with the Blanketrol® II and III Hyper-Hypothermia systems made by Cincinnati Sub-Zero, a Gentherm Company, and FDA 510(k) clearance for use with the Altrix System by Stryker® in 2017. It received its CE Mark in Europe in 2014, with an expanded indication for use up to 120 hours in 2016 and a CE Mark for use with the Altrix System by Stryker® in 2017. It is also licensed for sale in Canada and Australia.[/quote]

Sales are still consistently growing, and we are still talking with potential partners / acquirers about turning this into a Habu and some college for my offspring.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LZKfa7AAuVt2sYKPKTdIcUdk3p9P12TGfpo72cWQ8EYKNAuNGliLLf1pBjl8sWWv