1 2
the_machina
the_machina Reader
6/10/22 1:15 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Ooooh, nice. I hadn't seen that one. I've got their flood light and their spot light, but that bad boy looks handy.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
6/10/22 2:38 p.m.

In reply to the_machina :

I've never seen it in stores, had to order it online.  I only knew it existed from watching mighty car mods.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/10/22 2:55 p.m.
Turbo_Rev said:

There could be enough consumer outrage over it that manufacturers would second guess DRM-ing their batteries. 

Cordless power tools have been pretty common for the last 15 years and no such outrage has really occurred.  If red team has a new tool that they are first to market on yellow team will have one the following year to not lose users. It keeps the market competitive.  

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/10/22 6:59 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

My battery string trimmer and blower are so much better to live with than my gas ones were.  I never used to edge until I got them. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
6/10/22 7:06 p.m.

Has Europe made a standard battery law yet ?

They just made a law that all phones and phone stuff need to have the same USB C charger

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
6/11/22 12:56 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:
Turbo_Rev said:

There could be enough consumer outrage over it that manufacturers would second guess DRM-ing their batteries. 

Cordless power tools have been pretty common for the last 15 years and no such outrage has really occurred.  If red team has a new tool that they are first to market on yellow team will have one the following year to not lose users. It keeps the market competitive.  

And it's also decently-easy to build you're own and "hack" a universal system into them; the most complex battery electric tool I've yanked apart had a 3rd wire as a signal and a 4th for a temperature probe from the BMS.

jmabarone
jmabarone Reader
6/13/22 9:56 a.m.

Dewalt 20v drill and driver that I bought. 

Brother in law gave me a Makita 20v set with drill, driver, sawzall, and circular saw with only 1 battery.  Long story, but it was all free so he kept the extra 2 batteries for himself.  Still have spare batteries on my Amazon list but NOBODY ever knows what to get me for Christmas...  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vVV3jXll8X9wZUuq7GUow34bx2A9XnK8Isao7UAgl36h9AjabrfDAz2DnQ6AE2yr