Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
12/27/21 9:59 a.m.

Well, we are just about socked in out here in So. Idaho. This much snow at once is pretty unusual, and things are a bit goofed up. This is why a 4wd capable SUV comes in handy...

Trent
Trent PowerDork
12/27/21 10:05 a.m.

Eugene OR is covered in 10" of snow at 28 degrees currently. We simply don't have the infrastructure to deal with this. Our roads are heavily crowned to aid water runoff, Snow and ice just make them treacherous.

I made it into work today just fine in a FWD R55 mini clubman S. Passed 5 SUV's stuck on the side of the streets though.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/27/21 10:06 a.m.

I was surprised to not see a single wreck on i5 this morning between tacoma and seattle.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/27/21 10:32 a.m.

Odd. I figured you guys got more like the West Rockies or something.

Here is Christmas in New Hampshire:

That ended up about an inch of ice, then it snowed that night another 3-4".

It sucks but we deal with it...at least until my show blower lost it's drive belt or friction disc after clearing in front of the dodge but no where else. berkeley.

Ice is the worst. We do not get it often but it is the #1 killer of power up here. 

I'd so much rather deal with 3' of snow than 1" of ice.

I'd rather never deal with the Art of Snow Blower maintenance in 30* weather.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/21 11:02 a.m.

I have 4" of snow with an ice layer in the middle.

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/27/21 11:09 a.m.

We got some weather up here. Minus 15 C this morning with a strong wind. My yard is full of shingles. Unfortunately I have no neighbors. 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
12/27/21 11:15 a.m.

79 and sunny here. Happy to have left Michigan 

golfduke
golfduke Dork
12/27/21 12:06 p.m.

yeah, NH was a giant ball of Ice on Christmas morning.  It was a christmas miracle that we didn't lose power though, so I'm thankful.  

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/27/21 12:38 p.m.

Getting ready to walk the dogs -8C I’ll report back with a pic later.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
12/27/21 12:47 p.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

I'm in south central Idaho. Technically, we are desert based on annual precipitation. We are a bit further west, out of the Rockies and perched on the Snake river plain. This much snow all at once is an unusual occurrence.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/21 1:02 p.m.

Sunny and 70 here. I wish it was colder. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/27/21 1:19 p.m.

18 degrees currently with below zero in the forecast.

We've got about 2 feet in the last week, 3 feet on the ground and 10 inches in the last 2 days. Had a snow squall yesterday that dumped 2 inches in a half hour, that was alarming.

Afterwards we had the deepest blue sky I've ever seen up here though, I'll see if my pics worked out

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/27/21 1:26 p.m.

But more blue than this in real life

golfduke
golfduke Dork
12/27/21 1:36 p.m.

Beautiful pic!  

Somewhere, Java is buried in snow in his expo rig and skiing endless free powder refills, I hope! 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/21 1:53 p.m.

From the 26th.  Pretty much nothing until last night/this morning.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/27/21 2:00 p.m.
golfduke said:

yeah, NH was a giant ball of Ice on Christmas morning.  It was a christmas miracle that we didn't lose power though, so I'm thankful.  

I don't know how it was Wednesday for you but after sliding ~1/4 mile down the first hill from my house to work I said berkeley it and went home and started my vacation 2 days early.

The R on the rev limiter @ 5am was epic for the neighbors I am sure as I tried to get back up the icy hill.

2 Ice storms in 3 days can suck it.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
12/27/21 2:03 p.m.

Wednesday was all snow for us, luckily!  We live at slight elevation and on a body of water, so we tend to get a lot of snow where others around us don't.  The friday-Sunday storm was 90% ice followed by 4" of fluff though, that one sucked a lot and there was no escape from it.  We even got a free driveway sanding when the DPW truck missed the left-curve of the road and went down our driveway, haha. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/27/21 4:30 p.m.

Meh I had to go to work. Turns out the Boostwagon is good in snow.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
12/27/21 11:21 p.m.

Shortly after I posted this thread, I buried the work truck in a mud hole cleverly disguised as a snow drift (ground is still not frozen.). Work today was a berkeleying mess...

mjrj (Forum Supporter)
mjrj (Forum Supporter) Reader
12/28/21 1:18 a.m.

Been rainy and in the low to mid 40s here in the Central Valley.  Today the weather broke and it warmed up to 50.  There is snow on the hills outside of town and on Mt. Hamilton which I can see from the main road through town.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LKNG4y1Gkz8DEqXI7oYzLjH6tpuRAgUI1C7bcihsC4XgilDelqqjfZt89masedHX