1 2 3 4 ... 6
alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
11/16/14 8:51 a.m.

I'm not a social networker what so ever...

That being said, seems like Instagram (as I understand it) works quite well for the visual nature of GRM and it's events/projects. Say for the recent Challenge, having someone roaming around with a IG app, uploading pictures, may have been a faster way to get to the people who are not there.

Something to experiment with for the upcoming Rolex event. Lots of those "wish you were here" pictures. Not that you have problems selling that event out, LOL...

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/16/14 8:57 a.m.

It's not an old people thing, I'm 47. Instagram is better than any of the other sites for one reason. If a person is going to take the time, to take a picture to share, it's something they are interested in. You can tell more about a person from the pictures they take than anything they share on FB or Twitter. You see what they think is important at that moment and how they see it. A picture is worth a thousand words. Very cool.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
11/16/14 9:00 a.m.

what if you seldom take pics ?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/16/14 11:22 a.m.

Take more pictures.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/16/14 12:29 p.m.

Will be adding more of you later. For now, @dc_bluej

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/16/14 12:50 p.m.
Wally wrote: Take more pictures.

Seems simply enough.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
11/16/14 1:10 p.m.

should have said … "don't take pics" if I even have my camera with me, I don't think of taking a pic, 'til too late … and then don't know how to get it to transfer anywhere

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/16/14 1:53 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
Seems simply enough.

I am 100% certain he wasn't talking to you. You take plenty.

Richard Nixon
Richard Nixon SuperDork
11/16/14 3:10 p.m.

Ok, I've added a few photos using the #grmphoto moniker. I'm on there as Jordan_Rimpelainen.

David S. Wallens
11/16/14 3:45 p.m.

Bonus points for the minivan post.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
11/16/14 11:47 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

I'm assuming you'll link the GRM instagram stuff to the GRM twitter account.

I don't do instagram (as of yet), but I'm fairly active on twitter.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
11/17/14 1:02 a.m.
novaderrik wrote: hashtag? back in my day, we called that the pound sign... and we liked it, because that's what it was invented for..

Pound sign? That's the number sign

jamscal
jamscal Dork
11/17/14 6:17 a.m.

I'm not a big fan of social media but love instagram. A ton of people doing cool stuff...

@rlcweldfab is me

I follow a bunch of random people but @clarklittle has some amazing hawaii/wave/ocean pics

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
11/17/14 7:36 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:
novaderrik wrote: hashtag? back in my day, we called that the pound sign... and we liked it, because that's what it was invented for..

Depends on your background.

For instance, most call this $ the dollar sign, but having done some programming in the 80's, it's a "string" to me when it's not used in a monitary sense. I say $A$5 differently than you would when doing Excel spreadsheets. (I can't even remember why it was called a string)

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
11/17/14 9:43 a.m.

rallyxguy here. I know you're following me, you've "liked" some of my photos.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
11/17/14 12:51 p.m.

I'm on instagram more than my facebook by a long shot, never use my twitter.

Been wondering why #grassrootsmotorsports was nothing but hondas, #grmphoto it is.

My personal page is random with a little bit car stuff. at; d@ngerd@dden (replace @ with a)

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
11/17/14 1:08 p.m.

David knows I'm on there, and I know a couple others follow me, but my name on there is the same as it is here.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
11/18/14 2:53 p.m.

#handbraketheinternet

jde
jde Reader
11/19/14 9:44 a.m.

I tend to be more arms-length on Instagram compared to FB, and mostly post places, cars, etc. that I find interesting from my travels.

@dashjde

David S. Wallens
11/19/14 11:11 a.m.

Hey, #grmphoto now contains 26 images. We're going viral!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/14 11:20 a.m.
Zomby Woof wrote:

It's an octothorpe.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/14 11:21 a.m.

Can you only post to Instagram from a phone? I can't even find out how to create an account on a computer. Sheesh.

David S. Wallens
11/19/14 7:02 p.m.

Pretty sure it's mobile only, at least officially.

David S. Wallens
11/19/14 7:20 p.m.

Still, amazing what people can do with their camera phones. A friend from school posts the most amazing photos.

Finally I had to ask: What camera are you using?

Answer: Her iPhone.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
11/19/14 8:22 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

Technically you can edit and post-process on a desktop then save it to your phone and post it. I think thats cheating unless its a pro photographer posting their stuff. All the stuff on mine is my picture taken from my phone.

1 2 3 4 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
05CCIUgQp2r3YMrmhtkrBjnwegOWaptGxZ8HwX24xDuoYpxcv3v9vXhcwNnf2BtW