stroker
stroker UberDork
3/29/22 1:45 p.m.

Seems like if we had somebody who was self-publishing it might help to have a thread for folks to describe what they've got and arrange for orders to be processed offline...

stroker
stroker UberDork
3/29/22 1:52 p.m.

Duh.  Just found the other thread about self-authoring!  Mods, if you'd like to nuke this, be my guest!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/29/22 2:11 p.m.

We can keep this thread as I enjoy writing and really enjoy seeing others enjoy it. 

BA5
BA5 GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/29/22 2:16 p.m.

I'm working on it.  But hopefully not self-published.  And it's a engineering reference book, so it's pretty dry.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/29/22 2:19 p.m.

If anyone wants the view from a non-fiction writer working with a publisher, I can give an insight into that. Self-published fiction, not so much!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/29/22 2:44 p.m.

I bowl with a guy named "Arthur."  Does that count?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/29/22 10:25 p.m.

And while I write professionally (that sounds weird), I do a zine, too. Love it. And love seeing others turn their ideas into something printed and published. 

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
3/29/22 10:48 p.m.

My brother is Daniel Kelley who has written a couple of Zombie books.

After Life and Life After Life.  There is a third book in the works.   He's available online and his books are on Amazon.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
3/30/22 5:38 p.m.

Does crappy fanfiction count?

stroker
stroker UberDork
3/30/22 5:55 p.m.
ckosacranoid said:

Does crappy fanfiction count?

not exactly what I had in mind but if it leads to fame, fortune and possibly a paid gig of some kind, maybe........  :)

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/30/22 7:24 p.m.

Many years ago I had some consistent freelancing going on. If I hadn't sold out for a more lucrative career I probably could have made a go of it. Ever since I've considered journalism as a future second career. I believe very passionately in the importance of unbiased information, so I might try and find a media source whose work I admire and volunteer as an unpaid sixty-year-old  perpetual intern (although my writing chops are rusty from 35 years of disuse).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GPyUs301ERUaAQyYqTkDifKtns5OV0FwrccFS2JgkmAJaWAswAn31HjGmicX4lEI