1 2 3 ... 10
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/2/20 2:36 p.m.

I've been following along with it, and I like a lot of what I'm hearing with it.  Add in a new manual trans and it gets even better.

By the time it is released I should be mostly debt free, so it might be a good time to get my first brand new vehicle.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/32417/its-looking-like-the-2021-ford-bronco-will-get-a-seven-speed-manual-report

NickD
NickD PowerDork
3/2/20 2:41 p.m.

I lost interest. It's not really in my wheelhouse, not a big SUV/offroad guy. Also, I think Ford made a mistake in spending so many years just teasing the thing and leaking stuff that I feel like some people are burnt out on the thing already. It's kinda like the GR Supra release, it gets to a point where it's like "Quit berking around and just reveal the damn thing already, or don't say anymore about it."

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/2/20 2:45 p.m.

Only if there is a proper Raptor version. Then I would trade my FJ Cruiser for it.

Mr_Asa
3/2/20 2:46 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

I get that, but I believe Ford said that the 4-door would be revealed the second half of this month and the 2-door "Sport" model will be sometime next month.  Its raised the hype back up a little bit for me.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
3/2/20 3:00 p.m.

Initially, my only interest was in the hopes that GM would bring back a Tahoe/Blazer to compete.  I'm not a Ford hater or anything, just always like the looks and comfort of the GM trucks over the Fords.

However, seeing some of the renderings, hearing that it'll be offered in a two door and is based on the Ranger platform (as opposed to the Blazer in name only...), my interest has been piqued.  It'll just come down to how proud they are of them cost wise.  I'm afraid they'll be pushing way north of $40k which buys a lot of much more fun vehicles.  And I don't "need" a truck, nor am I into offroading, so at a high price tag, my interest would drop.

-Rob

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/2/20 3:01 p.m.

Ford builds a Jeep.  Pictures at eleven.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
3/2/20 3:29 p.m.

7 spd manual ?    I find myself skipping gears on a 6 spd.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/2/20 3:31 p.m.

My Bronco is so ugly...

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/2/20 3:35 p.m.

Not for myself, but I'll be happy if the Wrangler finally gets some real competition.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/2/20 4:08 p.m.

Not for me. But I like that it's something different than insert generic CUV/SUV.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
3/2/20 4:55 p.m.

I'm excited about it. I dont think I'm in the market anytime soon since I found a pickup I love.

But...If they'd hit the lots at the time I was buying, though, it's very likely I'd be driving one now instead of my F150. I really like them in concept and all the leaked info and images I've seen look good so far.

It's also possible that the missus could get one. She's always wanted a first or second gen.

kazoospec
kazoospec UberDork
3/2/20 5:00 p.m.
rob_lewis said:

Initially, my only interest was in the hopes that GM would bring back a Tahoe/Blazer to compete. 

I'm assuming this doesn't count in your book?

Image result for new chevy blazer 

For the record, it doesn't county in my book either. 

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
3/2/20 5:22 p.m.

Too many doors to be a Bronco.

4 doors = Explorer.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/2/20 5:32 p.m.

No.

drainoil
drainoil Dork
3/2/20 5:41 p.m.

Wow no OJ Bronco reference yet? But seriously I hope Ford's new release is more in the spirit and fun of the first gen Bronco.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/2/20 5:44 p.m.

Please feel free to buy them.  Lots of them.  Get one for you kids, too.

Not that I'm biased or anything.smiley

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
3/2/20 5:49 p.m.

I just hoping it doesn't look the 98% of identical SUVs

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
3/2/20 5:54 p.m.
kazoospec said:
rob_lewis said:

Initially, my only interest was in the hopes that GM would bring back a Tahoe/Blazer to compete. 

I'm assuming this doesn't count in your book?

Image result for new chevy blazer 

For the record, it doesn't county in my book either. 

Not even close.  I was excited when they announced it, but disappointed when I heard the specs.  I've seen one up close and it's decent looking, but since it's a unibody crossover that's available in FWD or AWD pretty much killed it.  I'll admit my reasoning is flawed as I'm not an offroader or anything that would, technically, warrant a body on frame (although towing would be good).  I'm an admitted 2-door Tahoe fanboi, which probably really killed the new one for me.

I did price one after seeing an RS in person and kinda choked a bit at the $43k sticker price. Which makes me think the 2-door Bronco will be priced similarly and out of what I'd want to spend. 

-Rob

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
3/2/20 6:22 p.m.

I lost interest. Ford has been a complete dick tease about it for to long. It'll hit showroom floors, a market adjustment price will be slapped on, and probably be too expensive to start with. I'm sure they'll sell well though. They might even gobble up some of the loyal FJ crowd looking for a fresh vehicle. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/2/20 6:23 p.m.

I was really interested. Even drove a raptor ranger in Asia the last time I was here. Then they just took too long. When I wanted to buy something, there was still no confirmation when it would be available. So I recently bought a basically new 2018 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door. So now I am good for years now.

Patientzero
Patientzero Reader
3/2/20 6:34 p.m.

If it turns out like the renderings that have been going around for the last several years it would be pretty cool but would also fall into the category of "useless vehicle" for me. 

I love the new Jeep Renegade but terrrible gas mileage puts if off the table as a commuter vehicle, no towing capacity makes it useless to pull the racecar, and if I was doing any serious offroading it wouldn't be in a brand new ~$40k vehicle.

It's really more for the people buying a 4th or 5th vehicle as a toy to show off at Cars and Coffee.  No thanks.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
3/2/20 7:10 p.m.

No.  I thought there would be more excitement over bringing back the Ranger.  

Nobody I know has mentioned it.  Bronco will be the same. 

Mr_Asa
3/2/20 7:22 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I was incredibly disappointed in the Ranger.  Test drove one and it completely misses everything that made the Ranger a successful truck.  Its too high end for a cheap delivery truck, which is what sold them, but the roadfeel and everything related to driving just sucked

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
3/2/20 7:30 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

No.  I thought there would be more excitement over bringing back the Ranger.  

Nobody I know has mentioned it.  Bronco will be the same. 

That's because they didn't bring back the Ranger -they just called a new model the Ranger. VERY sorry to agree with you that the Bronco will be the same.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/2/20 8:04 p.m.

I thought the US Ranger was a Federalized version of the T6 Ranger the ROW got in 2011?

Also IIRC, the Bronco is based on the Ranger platform. I'm highly doubtful Ford would just slap the Bronco body on the Ranger platform from 2011 without updating it for the new Bronco. Isn't there also supposed to be a 2 door and a 4 door version? I'm not talking about the Bronco Sport but the Bronco.

All the details that have been "leaked" show quite a few retro design details such as the headlights and grille. Ford has also confirmed that the doors and top are removable and several patents have been found that show they might offer a sort of "trail door" that still has provisions for side airbags.

I'm pretty sure this will not look like every other anonymous crossover SUV appliance on the road today. Ford seems pretty serious on building a real competitor to the Wrangler. I'm guessing starting price will be about $35k.

1 2 3 ... 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NmBqDApyUXOCwaFducjQk3F18U1UvMgSTvIXAAzlynIuH0BaVOWVBMWWWgaCa4IF