1 ... 6 7 8 9 10
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/22/21 6:18 p.m.

Sitting in a Ford lot in Allen Park, MI.

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/22/21 6:43 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Sitting in a Ford lot in Allen Park, MI.

wow a rare what looks to be base model no options.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
4/23/21 9:47 a.m.

Man, I love it as a base model with steelies. Some slightly more aggressive tires and that's perfect.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/23/21 10:48 a.m.

That looks freaking fantastic. After driving the FJ for the first time in a few months I want to go sit in a new Bronco even more. 

MrChaos
4/24/21 11:16 a.m.

That point when your build adds up to -120

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/24/21 12:08 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

Oof. My base Squatch build is at -51. 

MrChaos
4/24/21 12:13 p.m.
stanger_mussle said:

In reply to MrChaos :

Oof. My base Squatch build is at -51. 

yea im expecting a 22 at this point

stanger_mussle
4/24/21 12:41 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

The dealer I chose had an allocation of 41 Broncos. I'm number 109 sad. I want a base manual Sasquatch which makes it automatically a 2022. But it will probably be a late 2022/2023MY.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
4/24/21 3:03 p.m.

What does this whole "points" thing mean?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/24/21 3:08 p.m.

I then saw a blue one by the gas station.  That's a great color.   

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/24/21 3:10 p.m.

I'm not sure about the 2 doors but it falls close to the original.   

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/25/21 12:10 p.m.

Probably answered in the first 8 pages - is it body on frame or unibody? And what was the original?

stanger_mussle
4/25/21 12:52 p.m.

In reply to P3PPY :

Body on frame. It's based on a shortened Ranger platform with IFS and a solid axle in the rear.

The original was also body on frame.

The Bronco Sport is a modified Escape platform (unibody).

P3PPY
4/25/21 1:24 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle :

Ah-ha. That makes more sense. I'd only seen the sport and they didn't strike me as the hero everyone had been looking for. 

Is this an industry first where they make two different cars at the same time that have drastically different underpinnings but give them only trim-level name differentiation? I'm racking my brain here. 

Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter)
Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/25/21 2:08 p.m.
P3PPY said:

Ah-ha. That makes more sense. I'd only seen the sport and they didn't strike me as the hero everyone had been looking for. 

Is this an industry first where they make two different cars at the same time that have drastically different underpinnings but give them only trim-level name differentiation? I'm racking my brain here. 

Bronco and Bronco II. 

It's a semi-smart and semi-idiotic naming scheme. I can't tell you how many people I've heard from about "OMG I saw the new Bronco and it's such a letdown in person it's so tiny lol" and they have no idea that there's another, bigger, more capable Bronco coming. Shame the big one didn't launch first. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/25/21 2:17 p.m.

In reply to Brake_L8 (Forum Supporter) :

That's the marketing catch.  I want that Bronco but it's 2 years?  I'll buy this Bronco Sport that is loaded on dealer lots right now.   

P3PPY
4/25/21 5:33 p.m.

Oh yeah, the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. 

Blazer is another one. 

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
4/26/21 8:30 a.m.

The two door looks better, the 4 door is what I need utility wise.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
4/26/21 12:24 p.m.
P3PPY said:

Corolla came as FWD and RWD at the same time for a couple years.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
4/26/21 12:25 p.m.

People also forget the original Bronco was pretty small.

The second gen offering was a full-size.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
4/26/21 4:35 p.m.

Wow, that base 2-door w/steellies and a manual transmission is exactly what I'd want...when they're eventually available and I can (hopefully) afford one.  

stanger_mussle
4/26/21 5:06 p.m.
TheRX7Project said:

If I understand the build scheduling correctly (which I might be completely wrong), the points are a representation of what is scheduled to be built versus the building capacity. Capacity is determined by what materials they have on hand. Scheduling is a pre-determined mix of trim levels and models.

Basically, the more points in the positive (black numbers), the greater odds of that trim level/model will be built.

For example, it looks like Ford is prioritizing the 4 door models over the 2 door. 4 door models make up a greater number of reservations, so the demand is higher. They will make more 4 doors to try and keep up with demand.

P3PPY
4/26/21 6:55 p.m.
ShawnG said:
P3PPY said:

Corolla came as FWD and RWD at the same time for a couple years.

2008,9 Taurus and Taurus X

MrChaos
4/26/21 7:12 p.m.
stanger_mussle said:
TheRX7Project said:

If I understand the build scheduling correctly (which I might be completely wrong), the points are a representation of what is scheduled to be built versus the building capacity. Capacity is determined by what materials they have on hand. Scheduling is a pre-determined mix of trim levels and models.

Basically, the more points in the positive (black numbers), the greater odds of that trim level/model will be built.

For example, it looks like Ford is prioritizing the 4 door models over the 2 door. 4 door models make up a greater number of reservations, so the demand is higher. They will make more 4 doors to try and keep up with demand.

the main issue is the hard tops, the 2 doors only have the option for a hard top, the 4 door has an option for a soft top right now

stanger_mussle
4/26/21 7:34 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

Yeah, Webasto (the OEM for the 2 and 4 door hard tops) is waaaay behind on their production schedule.

Bestop has a nice fastback-style soft top for the 2 door but I don't think it has been "officially" released yet.

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9qGBMxyhlrsQvkdcLcBofOitwHwwabtjKeIgk9MBg1ImdampVsMTUkoXvIa4hOry