jamscal
jamscal HalfDork
8/30/09 2:34 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KxjVlaLBmk&eurl=http://www.hizook.com/blog/2009/08/03/high-speed-robot-hand-demonstrates-dexterity-and-skillful-manipulation&feature=player_embedded

Pretty cool robotics vid. Only 3 minutes.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
8/30/09 3:05 p.m.

Incredible - looks like the kind of research that would benefit amputees, rather than make millions for some manufacturer.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/30/09 4:08 p.m.

still wild... and yes, I would love to see it get down to the amputee level

Jay
Jay Dork
8/30/09 5:55 p.m.

I'd be tempted to amputate my own hand if I could get one that slick as a replacement!

(So says a guy who just spent twenty minutes clearing wet glass shards off his kitchen floor because his stupid fingers couldn't hold onto a plate...)

walterj
walterj Dork
8/30/09 6:04 p.m.
Jay wrote: I'd be tempted to amputate my own hand if I could get one that slick as a replacement!

...insert the mandatory masturbation joke...

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/30/09 7:34 p.m.

I for one welcome our new robot overlords.

porksboy
porksboy Dork
8/30/09 9:10 p.m.

Dōmo arigatō .

PHeller
PHeller HalfDork
8/30/09 10:20 p.m.

I anyone else freaked out and the crazy ability that our robot overlords will have in tying us up, dribbling on our heads, throwing us into the air and catching us with a pair of tweezers before spinning us with their fingers?

I think that freaks me out more than the lasers and machine guns.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
8/30/09 11:58 p.m.
PHeller wrote: I anyone else freaked out and the crazy ability that our robot overlords will have in tying us up, dribbling on our heads, throwing us into the air and catching us with a pair of tweezers before spinning us with their fingers? I think that freaks me out more than the lasers and machine guns.

+1

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
9/1/09 12:27 p.m.

Quick, hide your medication!

RobL
RobL Reader
9/1/09 2:17 p.m.

[aliens] Bishop knife trick? [/aliens]

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/1/09 4:02 p.m.