Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
4/1/11 8:48 a.m.

Looks like the redesign was too much for them. They got bought out and the head honcho resigned effective today!

AutoBlogNik

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/1/11 8:50 a.m.

You realize it's April 1st, right?

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade HalfDork
4/1/11 8:58 a.m.

like I'm not going anywhere NEAR Slashdot today. The past 10 years of April fool's days haven't been funny.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
4/1/11 9:11 a.m.

I've heard Slashdot was already quite the mess.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
4/1/11 9:25 a.m.
Javelin wrote: You realize it's April 1st, right?

Yeah, I realized it, but I didn't know how many people I could troll before someone else did.

Thanks for making it obvious!

In serious news, Flavio Briatore joins the Scuderia Ferrari!

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
4/1/11 9:27 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
Javelin wrote: You realize it's April 1st, right?
Yeah, I realized it, but I didn't know how many people I could troll before someone else did. Thanks for making it obvious! In serious news, Flavio Briatore joins the Scuderia Ferrari!

"Ross Brawn is better than you... Can you confirm?"

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
4/1/11 9:30 a.m.

Here's the deal Felipe, we need you to crash in order to bring out a yellow. Fernando needs to pit soon.

townsend7
townsend7 Reader
4/1/11 9:34 a.m.

Gawker killed Jalopnik a few weeks ago. I actually thought of this as potential good news until I realized the date. Was anyone else disappointed that this wasn't true?

Javelin
4/1/11 9:49 a.m.
townsend7 wrote: Gawker killed Jalopnik a few weeks ago. I actually thought of this as potential good news until I realized the date. Was anyone else disappointed that this wasn't true?

I was!

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
4/1/11 10:00 a.m.

I was slightly concerned it might be true, only because my gf went to hs with all-around nice guy matt hardigree. Other than that, I'd rather have the old slightly nonfunctioning layout over the current disaster

fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
4/1/11 11:37 a.m.

You do realize there is a blue banner in the upper right corner that says:

"PREFER THE TRADITIONAL BLOG FORMAT? Switch to the blog view by clicking (icon)"

Javelin
4/1/11 12:09 p.m.
fastEddie wrote: You do realize there is a blue banner in the upper right corner that says: "PREFER THE TRADITIONAL BLOG FORMAT? Switch to the blog view by clicking (icon)"

That's like having to pick in-between VW and Lucas electrics. Both are incomprehensable, fail to work properly, and will likely leave you stranded. Both formats suck. (It's ok though, because so does 95% of their content).

townsend7
townsend7 Reader
4/1/11 2:27 p.m.
fastEddie wrote: You do realize there is a blue banner in the upper right corner that says: "PREFER THE TRADITIONAL BLOG FORMAT? Switch to the blog view by clicking (icon)"

I didn't notice it because I quit visiting from my desktop shortly after the god-awful redesign. I now visit two or three times a week from my iPhone. I used to visit at least once a day. Seems like the content has gone downhill too though.

Don't ever change GRM!

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
4/1/11 4:01 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: In serious news, Flavio Briatore joins Team McLaren!

ftfy, for more better irony..........

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
4/2/11 10:02 a.m.
Javelin wrote:
townsend7 wrote: Gawker killed Jalopnik a few weeks ago. I actually thought of this as potential good news until I realized the date. Was anyone else disappointed that this wasn't true?
I was!

ditto.

dimeadozen
dimeadozen Reader
4/2/11 3:14 p.m.

Sigh... I remember when Jalopnik posted fewer stories in a week than they now post in a day, but they were all, you know, RELEVANT.

neckromacr
neckromacr Reader
4/2/11 11:03 p.m.

I mark the day Murilee Martin left as the day it really started to die. Thank god I found where he moved on to.

huge-O-chavez
huge-O-chavez SuperDork
4/3/11 5:56 a.m.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/01/autoblogs-2011-april-fools-round-up/

crosstour coupe vert is my favorite

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
4/3/11 9:02 a.m.

I still hate Hot Rod for their April Fool's joke about the return of AMC. I wanted these so badly:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1WIn7Tl62ZrGns42RI52pptisCZGdWjGHBxLYsrCHUNFGgbW4wBnRxieyKbzQUDd