1 2 3
ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
5/17/21 6:41 p.m.

Any interest in doing one for next month? Y'all had a month off. Or are the summer months too busy for everyone?

I finished another one in the meantime. Yup, another Mustang.  Monogram '65 Mustang convertible video build/review

I just got the kits (yes, plural) for my next build. Probably the most I've ever spent for a kit. Even more than the Pocher Alfa Romeo I once bought at K-Mart. I've been wanting to do this for years and finally found the kits I needed to replicate a 1:1 vehicle. It's not a Ford. It did star in a movie. And the real thing is pretty terrifying to drive at any higher speed.

If we need a theme it would be "vehicles inspired by tv or movie appearances".  Build that Ghostbusters ECTO-1, time travel DeLorean, Rockford's Firebird, the dog van from Dumb and Dumber, Hank Hill's Ford Ranger...you get the idea. Or ignore my idea completely. wink

I'm doing the build no matter. Let me know if you want to build along. 2 weeks extra bonus time for planning/shopping!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
5/17/21 11:13 p.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

I still haven't worked on May's Indy car.....That I started 20 years ago!

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/18/21 1:50 a.m.

I'm in! I'm intrigued by your build.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
5/18/21 6:22 a.m.

My starting point is a kit made in Ukraine. I think. I can't read cyrillic.

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/18/21 4:11 p.m.

If someone does Steve Urkel's BMW I will be so proud of you!

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/18/21 9:26 p.m.

Not getting side tracked. I will complete the 1:20 scale Better finally.

5/18/21 10:26 p.m.
preach (fs) said:

If someone does Steve Urkel's BMW I will be so proud of you!

The stock version is too easy, so it has to be from the episode they made it into a slingshot dragster.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
5/19/21 6:45 a.m.

Interest appears lackluster. I'm just going to do my thing and anyone else can post up what they are working on. No 'contest' this time.

I need to take some photos before the 'reveal' of the project but it will be a model of a vehicle from a 1960s film. A movie riddled with great quotes, including "Did you see the way he just went sailing right out there? He just sailed right out there!"

BenB (Forum Supporter)
BenB (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/19/21 7:35 a.m.

Want to just call it a run what ya brung build for June? I've just started painting a Nunu Audi R8 GT3 but progress  has been slow on it because of lack of time.

Ddavidv, I love that movie! 

68TR250
68TR250 Reader
5/19/21 7:45 a.m.

It really is a mad, mad, mad world ain't it!

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
5/19/21 1:44 p.m.

I'll be building something, don't know if it'll fit the theme or not...I've gotta keep building or else I can't justify buying more! laugh

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
5/19/21 4:38 p.m.

The theme is only what it is to justify me posting mine. wink Any building is good building.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
6/4/21 1:55 p.m.

I missed out on a 66 Thunderbird kit (was thinking about a Thelma and Louise replica) so I'm going to break out the Starsky and Hutch Torino. Doing it as the TV car will force me to build it mostly box stock instead of my usual customizing and race-car-ifying shenanigans that make builds drag out for months. laugh

Picture scraped shamelessly from scalemates because I'm too lazy to take one.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
6/5/21 5:24 a.m.

With the lack of response I haven't even opened the bags on mine yet. cheeky

6/5/21 1:11 p.m.

I opened the box on mine. Does that count?

6/5/21 1:31 p.m.

I'm still in. Haven't decided what kit yet though as I would like to try the theme.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
6/5/21 4:17 p.m.

I started something a week ago, and I think it will be done in less than a month. Pics later, but it is not an old kit at all. 

BenB (Forum Supporter)
6/5/21 6:43 p.m.

I've managed to get all of the painting finished, so the chassis went together pretty fast.

This is where I got the body to today. I still have to add some silver stripes outboard of the green ones going down the sides. I'm going to experiment with some Hasegawa adhesive-backed mylar, so I have to wait until the others are dry. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
6/5/21 11:13 p.m.

Benb and I are on a similar track with the Platz/NuNu/BeMax kits. I am doing the Lancia Delta S4 from the San Remo rally. I opened the box last Friday evening. So far I like the kit a lot. The instructions require concentration, and there are a few parts that are not present, most notably the oil tank, and the oil radiator (the one up top) lacks surface detail, but considering the complexity of the subject it is pretty good. I am not going to plumb it, talk about complex! Only adding seat belts and carbon/kevlar decal where appropriate.

BenB (Forum Supporter)
6/6/21 3:27 p.m.

Nunu/Platz/Beemax have been making some very good kits lately. I just got the new M8 GTE last week. Looks like it will be a fun build too.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
6/12/21 12:48 a.m.

Engine progress.

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
6/12/21 5:59 a.m.

Ha, it's the 12th and I've done nothing. Bad host! Bad time at work means no ambition at night. The rest of you work amongst yourselves.

6/12/21 5:42 p.m.

frown

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
6/12/21 9:39 p.m.

Not to beat up on the rest of you, but I think I will complete two this month. The Lancia Delta S4 took far less time than I expected given the complexity of the subject. Here are some completed photos. The brake and suspension detail is too good to hide behind the wheels, and since I did no weathering, it presents at the beginning of stage one. There was serious question about weather, and no one committed to tire choice until the last minute. Turned out the answer was slicks, as offered in the kit. So I will display it on stands, I just have no idea what the actual ones looked like, so these will do.

BenB (Forum Supporter)
6/13/21 11:51 a.m.

Wow! Nice!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QXfsEiTiuDh72mlgu7hpcXb7VKzWlbPWIS1cmfOMCCrpnATEoiRxKCOr2t0nsQzl