1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/10/22 10:16 p.m.

In reply to jimbob_racing :

If she'll put up with it, don't rule out eventually giving her subcutaneous fluid for her kidney disease. We have now had 4 senior cats with kidney disease and sub-cute fluids have extended their lives extremely well. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/10/22 10:32 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

Yeah, one of our cats was in a slow decline with kidney problems and topping her up every day made her feel so much better. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/11/22 11:08 a.m.

Thirded - Linus probably got 2 extra good years with subcutaneous fluids, but he was also reasonably compliant about getting poked, at least after he got used to it.  Unfortunately, his sister may be headed down the same path, and she fights every attempt to medicate her, so I'm not sure if it's an option for her.

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/27/22 4:21 p.m.

Miso with her boys. She was all snuggled in until I got the camera ready. She is finally growing a bit.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/27/22 4:45 p.m.

I love seeing them all together!  Growing up, we had a golden retriever and a stray that adopted us.  The golden pretty much raised the cat, and while they didn't play with each other much, they loved napping together.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
9/27/22 4:54 p.m.

Hi guys.

We give Rosie fluids twice a week right now. The vet feels that it's a good amount for her. I've given fluids to quite a few of my cats over the years and they've always responded well. 

I will never, ever get used to jabbing that huge needle into them. It's the part that I absolutely hate about the process.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/27/22 5:03 p.m.
jimbob_racing said:

I will never, ever get used to jabbing that huge needle into them. It's the part that I absolutely hate about the process.

I hated that, too.  And eastsideWife has a major needle phobia, so I was always the one who had to do it.  It was helped a bit when I found some really sharp needles.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/30/22 8:15 p.m.

Moving dirt is hard werk ....at least it's cooler 

10/12/22 11:47 p.m.

Caesar was G-Man's cat companion for over 15 years. He became very reclusive when G-Man died.

Caesar has avoided Miso. She tried to get his attention for months; perching nearby and watching him, sneaking up on his tail and batting at it. Until very recently his only reaction to her was to hiss and walk away. Now he is finally tolerating her presence and even playfully stalking her occasionally. He'd still like to have his old buddy back, but allows her 'hugs'.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/19/22 5:12 a.m.

Yellow kitty playing  yesterday.

Sadly he got attacked  tonight. Little over two hr drive to what is now the closest emergency vet (WTF???) and over 5 bills, hoping they could fix him. 
Alas, it was not to be. 
I did get to say goodby, and he leans his head on my hand one more time. One super cool and funny cat, and such a sweet boy.

I don't tear up over folks that pass, but I am over this cat. Even writing this has me going again. 

10/19/22 8:19 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Really sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing your time with him.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
10/19/22 12:23 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

My condolences.  It's so hard to lose them.

Keith Tanner
10/19/22 1:07 p.m.

One less tiny panther. I'm really sorry to hear it. 

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/19/22 7:51 p.m.

Ugh, that's awful.  Very sorry for your loss.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/19/22 11:02 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

One less tiny panther. I'm really sorry to hear it. 

Did you already know I have enough gallows humor for that, or just went for it?

BTW. That's hilarious!!!

sad day, but thanks for the smile. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/20/22 9:41 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Condolences brother. That's awful. What did the attacking?

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/20/22 11:10 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Sadly, our own Rottie. This is the forth cat unaware enough to get too close! Very traumatic. We had tried a few times to introduce them, right from the start, but it just wasn't happening. 
Kitty knew the back yard is for the dog, when he goes out crying

OHSCrifle
10/22/22 3:04 p.m.

That's sickening

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/22/22 3:23 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Yep, tough to watch. When he got ahold of one of the yard cats a while ago, I was beating on him hard enough to hurt... ME! And he was so focused, he didn't even notice! He's as sweat a boy as you could ask for, but the instincts kick in on a cat, and look out. 
This one, I actually wrestled him to the ground, was choking him out, and pried his mouth open. If the dog had really been fighting me, I might have lost a hand!

Still took all I had, and I used to be a bit of a bad azz. 
Mother Nature ain't always butterflies and unicorns. 
I've only cried this much over a couple of folks, and being on the young half of a very big extended family, been to a ton of funerals. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/22/22 3:25 p.m.

Ok, someone get us back to pretty cat pictures/stories!!! 

And thanks to all for letting me share!

Keith Tanner
10/22/22 4:55 p.m.

Ok. 
My wife was gone for a week and the cats won't let her out of their sight in case she tries to leave them again. These are both views from her desk chair. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/22/22 5:57 p.m.

I got some lovin' from a mate's shop cats today, but no pictures. 

OHSCrifle
10/22/22 6:02 p.m.

Pablo, a five year old mackerel tabby doesn't stand still for photos. Not the brightest animal but he's alright  

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
10/22/22 9:59 p.m.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/22/22 10:06 p.m.

In reply to jimbob_racing :

That's a happy cat

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7UmtK518VM7yJRWNujc3sTbaGxlFc9OCCwZZO7EDMHeIJDSInSca3qWpDmH2djlO