1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/11/12 12:06 a.m.
rebelgtp wrote: In reply to DoctorBlade: I don't think you could convince me to go into combat with one strapped to my back. I would be far to worried about a bullet hitting the tank

Zero desire to have a flamethrower weapon strapped to my back, but I would strap into one of these flamethrowers:

Now, just get a Ferrari angled up to the hive and fire her up.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
8/11/12 7:05 a.m.

still waiting on the epic write up

ptmeyer84
ptmeyer84 New Reader
8/11/12 7:34 a.m.

Might be hard to give an update at the hospital...

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
8/11/12 7:59 a.m.

Is GPS in the ER or sleeping off a victory celebration?

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/12 8:12 a.m.
HappyAndy wrote: Is GPS in the ER or sleeping off a victory celebration?

...or maybe all the Benedryl.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
8/11/12 9:04 a.m.
ptmeyer84 wrote: Might be hard to give an update at the hospital...

hoping it didn't go like this

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
8/11/12 9:35 a.m.

the suspense is a killin' me

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
8/11/12 9:39 a.m.

At least it is not the hornets.

peter
peter HalfDork
8/11/12 1:01 p.m.

Well, I think we can safely assume that GPS is dead and that the bald/bold faced hornets are taking over the world.

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords

(if GPS is hurt and not just hung-over, I will sincerely regret this post - hope you're well GPS!)

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
8/11/12 3:04 p.m.

Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated!

I had some logistical issues with my neighbor having several people on his deck who were not going to be keen on me taking a coal shovel to a giant hornet nest 100' from their cordials. At least Mrs Wacker thought so. To my thinking - it would have made any video 100% better.

Tonight - I try again.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/11/12 3:15 p.m.

Well, at least you have more time to prepare. I agree with you though, the guests would have made great extras in your short film. The reaction alone to them seeing you out there with a shovel in your stig suit would have been worth it.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
8/11/12 3:28 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: To my thinking - it would have made any video 100% better.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
8/11/12 3:29 p.m.

But..but..but..this means I have to make fresh popcorn!

Woody
8/11/12 3:29 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Tonight - I try again.

Can I come over?

8/11/12 3:36 p.m.
Woody wrote:
Can I come over?

You are near Hartford, CT right? It's 4:33PM. You can make it here by 9:30PM easily. Although driving 7hrs round trip to watch is possibly crazier than hitting a hornet nest wearing a Stig suit.

8/11/12 3:37 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: But..but..but..this means I have to make fresh popcorn!

Are you saying you popped prematurely?

Woody
8/11/12 3:42 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Woody wrote:
Can I come over?
You are near Hartford, CT right? It's 4:33PM. You can make it here by 9:30PM easily. Although driving 7hrs round trip to watch is possibly crazier than hitting a hornet nest wearing a Stig suit.

Oh, you're in that part of Pennsylvania that taunts me with its faraway Craigslist treasures...

8/11/12 3:43 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

I'm 20mi north of the 84/81 merge. 10mi north of Scranton, PA.

Schmidlap
Schmidlap HalfDork
8/11/12 3:56 p.m.

I'm pretty sure this is a re-post, but here's a cool video of some Chinese soldiers using a flamethrower to take out a giant bee/wasp/hornet/dissident nest in a tree.

Youtube link

Good luck with the hornets!

ST_ZX2
ST_ZX2 HalfDork
8/11/12 4:27 p.m.

While looking at that, I came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yVouNUGekc&feature=related

Killing a bald-faced hornets nest.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
8/11/12 5:52 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
friedgreencorrado wrote: But..but..but..this means I have to make fresh popcorn!
Are you saying you popped prematurely?

1st time it's ever happened, I swear!

DrBoost
DrBoost UberDork
8/11/12 5:53 p.m.

I have a nest, darn near the size of a watermelon. I don't know if my digi camera works anymore. If so I'll tape and post it.
I'm thinking I'll soak the thing with my favorite wasp killer 'till it falls in a garbage can. Then celebrate with an adult beverage.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
8/11/12 6:04 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: In reply to Woody: I'm 20mi north of the 84/81 merge. 10mi north of Scranton, PA.

Scranton?

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
8/11/12 6:29 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: I have a nest, darn near the size of a watermelon. I don't know if my digi camera works anymore. If so I'll tape and post it. I'm thinking I'll soak the thing with my favorite wasp killer 'till it falls in a garbage can. Then celebrate with an adult beverage.

You don't have a stig suit and a shovel? Come on now... that is entirely too mundane given what GPS plans on doing.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
8/11/12 6:46 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated! I had some logistical issues with my neighbor having several people on his deck who were not going to be keen on me taking a coal shovel to a giant hornet nest 100' from their cordials. At least Mrs Wacker thought so. To my thinking - it would have made any video 100% better. Tonight - I try again.

I'm with ya. Unsuspecting victims would have made the video EPIC.

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LjyPG9QEp5n1uyBV4GqV6p9pS9f6nI4OwzIZ6Ak3onOy9xINhXq0FusNalaGDwaE