1 2
failboat
failboat HalfDork
11/29/11 9:31 a.m.

i totally missed the boat on picking one up this summer. i guess i am shoveling again this year.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
11/29/11 9:35 a.m.
HunterJP wrote: Osterkraut, there are times where we get the kind of snow that requires a 2 stage, here in Omaha. In fact, the first time was about a month after I bought mine. LOL. But, yes, for most of our snows, what you bought will be perfect.

Sweet, a local GRMer! I knew I wasn't alone.

failboat wrote: i totally missed the boat on picking one up this summer. i guess i am shoveling again this year.

Sucker. Next summer, I'm buying a few cheap and selling them not so cheap after the first snowfall.

Klayfish
Klayfish HalfDork
11/29/11 9:45 a.m.

Need to get one here too. I've got a big a$$, long driveway. Haven't measured it, but I'm guessing the part from the road to where it turns to meet our garage is 100'...on a moderate hill. Tried to penny pinch the past few years and just shovel. I shoveled enough to get the cars down the driveway, and let the sun do the rest. But after the big whopper storms we've had the past few years, I'm done with shoveling. Last winter it took me over 3 hours just to clear a path to get a car out.

Searching CL for a good deal on a big two stage. But there are so many different models out there, it's confusing. Do I need tracks or are wheels fine? Does it matter if I have 4 forward gears or 6? I'm assuming that's not a big deal since I'm not road racing it.

failboat
failboat HalfDork
11/29/11 10:17 a.m.

snow blades for lawn tractors. viable alternative to a snowblower?

theres a 42" blade that will fit my lt1000 with everything incl wheel weights and chains on craigslist for $100.

i figure at that price if it doesnt work well enough for me I could at least re-sell everything at no real loss.

Duke
Duke SuperDork
11/29/11 10:52 a.m.

For $100 I'd pick that up. We never had a snowblower when I was a kid, but we moved a decent amount of white stuff with a Gravely and a front-mount plow blade.

Sonic
Sonic Dork
11/29/11 11:25 a.m.

I just picked up an early 80s vintage ariens from CL, runs great, obviously stored indoors, fresh carb rebuild, $150. Needs a 2' piece of fuel line as the old one seeps a bit. Starts first pull from cold.

I tried to shovel my 150' sidewalk the past two years, and it sucks.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
49Ua0USxu5PYtGdFvygMvFOnEOUzj4THp1eTVa8hFKOtqlGy1dQBBPW0SJQeAome