1 ... 10 11 12 13
aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
2/13/13 6:40 p.m.

I honestly think there needs to be some sort of review in the LAPD regarding volume of fire vs accuracy. They seem to wildly underestimate how inaccurate someone can be when pulling the trigger as fast as possible.

The way they do it now, they might as well give them full auto weapons, the outcome would likely be the same.

alex
alex UltraDork
2/13/13 6:42 p.m.
Dr. Hess wrote:

Given the LAPD's record in this whole debacle, I hope he wrote that on the back of his shirt, too.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/13/13 6:45 p.m.

Lol.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
2/13/13 9:42 p.m.
Cone_Junky wrote:
Duke wrote:
Cone_Junky wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: How about set up a perimeter and wait him out? That's usually what they do, rather than killing a suspect. This man never had a chance. He was tried, convicted and executed by the LAPD before he EVER got a chance.
Wait for what? HE said he wasn't going to live through this. He tried to kill any LEO that got close to him. This is exactly what he wanted and I'm glad the Riverside Sheriff dept obliged him. It also gave reason to re-open the case that he was so upset about. Win-win.
How about waiting for him to get tired of it and do himself in, if that was his intent? Or maybe get tired of it and decide to surrender and go to trial, so he gets another chance to say his piece? Or maybe just... *due process?* Don't get me wrong, this guy was a probable nutbag and definite murderer, so he deserves to be tried and punished. Just not by a bunch of muscleheaded, trigger-happy cops. That wasn't how it was supposed to work when I learned to respect the Constitution.
And what stopped him from walking out the front door with his hands up?

Uhhh, let's see: maybe news reports of LAPD shooting dozens of rounds at unarmed, non-suspicious innocents who happened to be driving the same class - not even the same type or color - of vehicle as he was? If he surrendered into the face of this current bunch of yahoos, do you think he stood a chance of making it more than 5 feet out the door alive?

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/13/13 10:48 p.m.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
2/13/13 10:57 p.m.

In reply to fasted58:

I think I see his wallet!

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/13/13 11:32 p.m.

I wonder how they found his body in all that soot.....

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
2/14/13 4:52 a.m.

That's racist (right?)

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/14/13 7:22 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: That's racist (right?)

Are you saying that because he was gray? I've been hearing a lot about Gray rights and parades.

PHeller
PHeller UltraDork
2/14/13 7:29 a.m.

Watching that video has me wondering if the officers who were shot didn't get hit by stay bullets.

Did anyone notice the dude behind the truck squeezing off a few rounds at what seems to be a cloud of smoke?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
2/14/13 7:30 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: Who owned the cabin and does the LAPD owe them a new one?

I've got a funny feeling they will say they do not.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/14/13 7:40 a.m.

A lady rented it out. My bet is there will be an attempt for an insurance claim, then the insurance company will find evidence of arson and ask the police to pay. She will end up with a nice camp site containing a chimney.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
2/14/13 7:47 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
A lady rented it out. My bet is there will be an attempt for an insurance claim, then the insurance company will find evidence of arson and ask the police to pay. She will end up with a nice camp site containing a chimney.

The insurance will pay and then sue the police.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/14/13 7:50 a.m.

In reply to Duke:

OH, YOU THINK YOU'RE ALL SMART, HUH!?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/14/13 7:58 a.m.

nderwater
nderwater UberDork
2/14/13 8:06 a.m.
fasted58 wrote: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50140947n&tag=api Gun battle w/ wanted ex-cop caught on tape.

Holy SkyFall. Thanks for sharing.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/14/13 4:48 p.m.
Duke wrote: The insurance will pay and then sue the police.

Probably not sue. They subrogate to lapd's insurance provider.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/14/13 5:08 p.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine:

I thought LAPD was on the "do not insure" list after the Rodney king case....

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/14/13 5:21 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Fueled by Caffeine: I thought LAPD was on the "do not insure" list after the Rodney king case....

You can always get insurance. Premiums might be a bit steep. But you can always get it.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/13 5:34 p.m.
nderwater wrote:
fasted58 wrote: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50140947n&tag=api Gun battle w/ wanted ex-cop caught on tape.

yea... battles in afganistan have less lead flying through the air

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/14/13 6:53 p.m.

It's official: Christopher Dorner died in cabin standoff

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/14/us/lapd-dorner/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/14/13 8:41 p.m.
The Onion said: LOS ANGELES—Los Angeles residents are reportedly on edge today following reports that hundreds of armed and extremely dangerous Los Angeles Police Department officers are resuming regular patrolling duties after the conclusion of Tuesday’s manhunt for rogue ex-cop Christopher Dorner. “I mean, just knowing they’re out there is terrifying—how can I feel safe when these maniacs are on the loose in my neighborhood?” said a visibly rattled Ashley Stillson, 38, who explained that she strictly observed the city’s advisory to avoid the historically violent, unpredictable predators by going out in groups and avoiding the streets entirely after nightfall. “These guys are volatile and, in many cases, mentally unstable. Something needs to be done about them because I fear for my family knowing these sick people are still at large.” At press time, sources reported the tense mood in L.A. had brightened considerably after news of a serial rapist diverted numerous LAPD officers to a sprawling manhunt in nearby San Bernardino.
M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
2/14/13 9:48 p.m.
mad_machine wrote:
nderwater wrote:
yea... battles in afganistan have less lead flying through the air

Sounds like a MG shoot at Knob Creek. Has anyone slowed the tape down & been able to count the numbe of shots heard?

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/15/13 6:52 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Appleseed wrote: That's racist (right?)
Are you saying that because he was gray? I've been hearing a lot about Gray rights and parades.

I think they're saying he was "ashy."

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
2/15/13 7:15 a.m.
fasted58 wrote: It's official: Christopher Dorner died in cabin standoff http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/14/us/lapd-dorner/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Now the LAPD can sleep well.

1 ... 10 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hr5OmrqRvZrY8pOkzRaBQu1gh6BuMt6aldtrSsLMHV24gsw8esinZg9glLhajrwo