1 2
rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
1/24/10 10:30 p.m.

Well shoot I just realized a little bit ago that as of tomorrow (Jan 25) I will be 30 . Dang where has time gone? Gotta say the last year of my 20's was rough but then again it had its great moments as well.

However I also realized that tomorrow I will be able to say that I'm in my 30's and dating a teenager . School is going better this term, my photography classes are going just awesome and so is history.

My Olds is as old as I am and I think this year is going to be dedicated to "building up" both myself and the car. The car is a wreck and I'm way out of shape. So as I build the car I'm going to work on kicking my butt into shape.

I also wanted to say thanks to all you guys that gave me advice and listened to the garbage that was happening to me over the last year. You are a great bunch of guys and I'm hoping that I can get a car built to head down to the challenge at some point so I can meet ya'll and buy a few beers.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/24/10 11:05 p.m.

well, It is now after mid night(but not on the board clock) so happy birthday

Nis14
Nis14 New Reader
1/24/10 11:15 p.m.

Happy Bday, I'll be joining you in 2 years. Teenagers FTW...

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
1/25/10 3:50 a.m.

Meh, on Friday I'm over 30 (31).

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/25/10 4:38 a.m.

Age, like speed, is just a number. Happy B-day!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/25/10 6:02 a.m.

Happy Birthday

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
1/25/10 6:11 a.m.

happy birthday!

I hope Im as collected and also have a project car to work on in may when I turn 30.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/25/10 7:03 a.m.

I spent my 30th driving to Vegas I remmber the night before, driving west, "chasing" the sun on my last day of my 20's. If I can catch it, I won't turn 30...didn't work. Think young and you will be young. Don't pass up on a good time, love like its your last time!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
1/25/10 7:07 a.m.

Congratulations...you are one step closer to being an adult.

(never trust anyone over 40...)

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Reader
1/25/10 8:08 a.m.

Happy Birthday. If your anything like me you woke up this morning 20lb's heavier than you went to be last night. The 30's added considerably to my waist line and I've had a bugger of a time controlling it! Oh, and if you think you've arrived at 30 fast, hitting 40 will take about another 5 minuets.

I have a theory, I believe time as related to age is actually a logarithmic scale so the older you get the faster you age. Live it to the best of your ability.

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
1/25/10 8:20 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: I have a theory, I believe time as related to age is actually a logarithmic scale so the older you get the faster you age. Live it to the best of your ability.

I too have a theory but it is simpler.
Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
In the beginning the revolutions take a while, as you get toward the end, the revolutions come much quicker.

For me, my 30's were a great time where I have the best combination of physical ability to do the things I wanted and the financial means to afford them.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Reader
1/25/10 9:17 a.m.

I'm in the "Don't trust anyone over 60" mode.............for just a little longer, then it's 70 ! 30 ain't any big thing. It's just one more day. Many, many, many more to come for you. Enjoy your birthday, there'll be another one next year !

Fosters
Fosters Reader
1/25/10 9:21 a.m.

Happy B-day. I turned 31 today, so I've been in your shoes. Enjoy the day fellow b-day'er and my 30th year wasn't too bad.

Josh

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/25/10 9:47 a.m.

Happy B-Day guys!

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
1/25/10 9:51 a.m.

Enjoy. 30 is young!

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
1/25/10 10:28 a.m.

Well woke up this morning gave my girl friend a kiss and got up. Gotta go to class this morning and feeling good. Thanks for the birthday wishes all.

I kinda sat down for a bit this morning and realized it really was a busy year last year. Found a girl I love, got my project car off the ground, heck I now own a home (though the circumstances sucked).

I'm not feeling "old" at all, and I'm vowing to kick my butt into shape this year. Last night I ordered that P90x set, buddy of mine recommended it said it actually got him motivated and got him to kick his butt in shape. Girlfriend said if I don't use it she will kick my butt so more incentive lol.

Last night I told my girlfriend all about the challenge, and she said it sounded really cool ! She wants us to build a car for the challenge and is going to help with the build! I doubt it will be the Olds (though it maybe) we will see what we can come up with.

Well anyway gotta get ready for class. Thanks again all.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/25/10 10:37 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Happy Birthday. If your anything like me you woke up this morning 20lb's heavier than you went to be last night. The 30's added considerably to my waist line and I've had a bugger of a time controlling it! Oh, and if you think you've arrived at 30 fast, hitting 40 will take about another 5 minuets. I have a theory, I believe time as related to age is actually a logarithmic scale so the older you get the faster you age. Live it to the best of your ability.

JRW1621: I too have a theory but it is simpler. Life is like a roll of toilet paper. In the beginning the revolutions take a while, as you get toward the end, the revolutions come much quicker.

So true!

iceracer
iceracer HalfDork
1/25/10 11:15 a.m.

As some one once said : Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/25/10 12:01 p.m.

Happy Birthday dude! Seems like I just turned 30 a week ago.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
1/25/10 12:21 p.m.
iceracer wrote: As some one once said : Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.

This is very true. Heck I'm a 30 year old college student with a teenage girl friend that likes to play with cameras and cars, still plays video games and has no kids.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA HalfDork
1/25/10 12:44 p.m.

You're gonna love being 30. You're still (way) young but suddenly people start taking you seriously. It's like a switch goes off.

Enjoy the day. You share it with Alicia Keys, blues singer Etta James, and Scottish poet Robert Burns who is 251 years old and feeling pretty dead. We'll all have a better year in 2010.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
1/25/10 1:55 p.m.
Jerry From LA wrote: Enjoy the day. You share it with Alicia Keys, blues singer Etta James, and Scottish poet Robert Burns who is 251 years old and feeling pretty dead. We'll all have a better year in 2010.

I also share it with my grandmother so I have to be sure to go over and see her later this afternoon.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
1/25/10 1:57 p.m.

Feliz Cumpleanos dude!!

mtn
mtn SuperDork
1/25/10 3:20 p.m.

Happy birthday dood

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/25/10 6:04 p.m.

Happy birthday, welcome to the old fart status