1 2 3
EricM
EricM SuperDork
9/26/22 2:00 p.m.

I just eat plants.

 

I have been written up in a magazine because of how it keeps weight off.

 

I know that isn't for everyone.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/26/22 2:14 p.m.

The_Jed FWIW, your facebook stuff is behind a facebook sharing wall of some sort

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/26/22 2:15 p.m.

If a bodybuilding thread is started, please post a link in here in case I miss it.  Thanks

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
9/26/22 2:27 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

If a bodybuilding thread is started, please post a link in here in case I miss it.  Thanks

Berk it. Let's do this: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/grassroots-strength-training-bodybuilding-power-lifting-etc/201646/page1/

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
9/26/22 4:52 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Fixed it, I think.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/4/22 9:19 a.m.

I'm 6'1 and broad.  Was nearing 260 in January.  Now I'm at 240 and still sucking wind chasing my son on a mountain bike despite finishing a tri in august.  
 

so here's my plan. 
 

1900 calories ish. 
 

Starting strength Monday Wednesday and Friday

mountian bike on tuesdays. 
 

judo thursdays. 
 

swim or bike on weekend. 
 

throw in a run or two and we shall see. 
 

Thinking of joining a masters swim team. 
 

im just tired of being so freaking heavy.  But did the spring tri at 235 ish. So I'm not outta shape badly. 

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/4/22 9:26 a.m.

If anyone wants to try dying: Tabata Burpees

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/4/22 9:28 a.m.
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) said:

If anyone wants to try dying: Tabata Burpees

Yeah that's miserable.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
10/4/22 9:21 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/5/22 9:36 a.m.

Down two pounds 

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/5/22 9:39 a.m.
EricM said:

OR, and just hear me out.  you could eat plants.

 

*shrugs*

 

https://www.forksoverknives.com/success-stories/husband-wife-lost-35-pounds-each-plant-based-diet/?fbclid=IwAR1BB5cCMVVMOri8MCNCC9nw2kL_-WefIn5tvhItpjBQ-gcBrWZyZkGdDWM

 

 

I've been trying to eat more plants. I have gout and lots of red meat is bad.  Buuut. I also have a severe allergy to all tree nuts which a lot of vegetarian cooking uses to add fats.  I once got very sick in Singapore because they used walnut oil on the ravoili. Ugh. 
 

but we had tofu tacos this week and they were great. 

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/5/22 9:52 a.m.
ProDarwin said:
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) said:

If anyone wants to try dying: Tabata Burpees

Yeah that's miserable.

I am going to try and work it in once per week and see if it moves the needle.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/5/22 10:06 a.m.

In reply to EricM :

"just plants" is another variation of the same thing - calorie deficit

Asker Jeukendrup on Twitter: "How various diets work for weight loss..  https://t.co/PBqt3ZdZHW" / Twitter

EricM
EricM SuperDork
10/5/22 10:31 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:
EricM said:

OR, and just hear me out.  you could eat plants.

 

*shrugs*

 

https://www.forksoverknives.com/success-stories/husband-wife-lost-35-pounds-each-plant-based-diet/?fbclid=IwAR1BB5cCMVVMOri8MCNCC9nw2kL_-WefIn5tvhItpjBQ-gcBrWZyZkGdDWM

 

 

I've been trying to eat more plants. I have gout and lots of red meat is bad.  Buuut. I also have a severe allergy to all tree nuts which a lot of vegetarian cooking uses to add fats.  I once got very sick in Singapore because they used walnut oil on the ravoili. Ugh. 
 

but we had tofu tacos this week and they were great. 

I explicitly avoid fats.  Whole food plant based avoids all fats.

Turbo_Rev
Turbo_Rev Reader
10/5/22 11:58 a.m.

Look up Peter Attia and Andrew Huberman. Very up-to-date and nuanced information for everything health and fitness related and it's all free. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
10/5/22 12:26 p.m.
EricM said:

I explicitly avoid fats.  Whole food plant based avoids all fats.

Some fat is necessary for a healthy diet.  It's a scientific fact that with no fat your brain will shrivel up and fall off.  Maybe. 

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-much-fat-to-eat#TOC_TITLE_HDR_3

Summary: Fats provide a number of benefits for your body, including
serving as an energy source, regulating hormones and genes, maintaining brain health, and making food tastier and more satisfying.

Toebra
Toebra Dork
10/5/22 9:42 p.m.

Focus more on healthy, less on bodyweight

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
10/6/22 5:13 p.m.
EricM said:
Fueled by Caffeine said:
EricM said:

OR, and just hear me out.  you could eat plants.

 

*shrugs*

 

https://www.forksoverknives.com/success-stories/husband-wife-lost-35-pounds-each-plant-based-diet/?fbclid=IwAR1BB5cCMVVMOri8MCNCC9nw2kL_-WefIn5tvhItpjBQ-gcBrWZyZkGdDWM

 

 

I've been trying to eat more plants. I have gout and lots of red meat is bad.  Buuut. I also have a severe allergy to all tree nuts which a lot of vegetarian cooking uses to add fats.  I once got very sick in Singapore because they used walnut oil on the ravoili. Ugh. 
 

but we had tofu tacos this week and they were great. 

I explicitly avoid fats.  Whole food plant based avoids all fats.

This morning with breakfast I had fresh tomatoes from the garden, sliced, breaded with bread crumbs and fried in bacon fat.

I prefer a more balanced approach.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
9MvdCByIub2FRoQZHPxCeU9yt4ueQJv31JybHHYcxPWVEzNdJnYZuJvjzxNND0gW