1 2 3
docwyte
docwyte Dork
6/20/17 1:44 p.m.

Maybe underpriced in relation to the cost of the Bay Area but I wouldn't call them cheap.

Yeah, I still don't like going to those areas of Denver without my "back up". 5 Points may be nicer than it was but I'm not walking around there at night.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
6/20/17 2:09 p.m.

Sell everything and regroup as needed. Even tools might be cheaper to buy new rather than ship cross-country.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
6/20/17 2:19 p.m.

Things are starting to solidify a bit. I will be going out in early August and living in corporate housing for a month while starting to search for something more long term. Wife and baby will come out sometime in early October, so we can have his first birthday with family.

My current thinking around tools is to take what I can fit in my roller, and sell off the rest. That means keeping hand tools, selling off all the bigger stuff and the majority of my woodworking tools. Nothing irreplaceable.

As for furniture, I'd like to get rid of the vast majority of it and replace, the wife will almost certainly fall closer to the keep everything side, so that will be a compromise.

The box truck idea sounds great but I don't think I have the time or organizational skills to pull it off. The company is flexible in terms of direct pay/reimbursement if I wanted to do that, but it honestly feels like too much to take on. I'm not even sure that I'll be driving at this point since I'll have a little over 2 weeks between jobs, so it might not make sense to take up 1 of them in a car.

Today I'm feeling less terrified and more excited, so I think that's a good sign! Now I just have to get my Miata back in one piece so I can either drive or ship it....

docwyte
docwyte Dork
6/20/17 2:58 p.m.

Keeping all the furniture is tough when you don't know how large a place you're going to end up in...

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
6/20/17 3:00 p.m.

I'm hoping we end up closer to keeping the bed we just bought and maybe the couch, and ditching everything else.

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/26/22 4:41 p.m.

Uh oh, we got a canoe up here in this zombie thread.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TGzOp4Eib97ZUorpK45BIGUtRhp3YPIoQK1CNIfGUX94LSti11xlW9dChm2hkfJ9