trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
5/31/22 2:26 p.m.

Learn me: Selling Baseball, Football, and Marvel cards, (80's and 90's).  A facebook friend of mine regularly sells/trades his cards, he uses whatnot, facebook marketplace, ebay, and attends trade shows. However he does this as a form to continually sell and knows how to grade his cards, where as I just want to sell and move on. Is anyone familiar with this scene? and is there anywhere else I should look on selling sites?

slefain
slefain PowerDork
5/31/22 3:05 p.m.

Last I checked Marvel cards were worth less than what I paid for them new, and that is without even bothering to calculate inflation. I let my kids have them. I have all of series 1-3 with holograms. I kept the hologram, but even those were worth like $7 each.

P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff)
P5Racer (formerly BMWGeoff) GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/31/22 3:27 p.m.

Sports cards from the mid 80s and on aren't worth a lot, unless you have rare/unique ones. Mass production and huge sets from companies like Upper Deck, Topps, O-Pee-Chee, Pro Set, etc. saturated the market. I've found recently unopened packs from the early 90s for sale for the same as I paid when they were new.

If you're unloading a large collection, expect to get about a few cents per card at most. I used beckett.com to evaluate my collection to see what I had of value. You have to pay, but you can subscribe 15 day/monthly/annually as needed, and you can do individual sports or all-access.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cy1qhWIel1defrjP32nisPcD0cd3rho9obrz7KBvay3KtPeNymJ5jam1ZALSCwfi