1 2 3 4 5
preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/23/23 5:03 p.m.
stroker said:

Am I reading this correctly that you still have two bottles available?  PM sent.

I got it.

My shipping department sucks.

preach (dudeist priest)
5/23/23 5:04 p.m.

In reply to nlevine :

Glad he likes it so much.

I will have to find the meat place for sure.

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/24/23 8:07 a.m.

Put me down for one, either this round or next. 

Looks like excellent stuff

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/23 9:57 a.m.

In reply to birdmayne :

Better than excellent.  If he can get this to market, it could be the next Sriracha.  Honestly, that good.  We will be able to say "I knew him way back when he still liked Porches."

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/24/23 2:54 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to birdmayne :

Better than excellent.  If he can get this to market, it could be the next Sriracha.  Honestly, that good.  We will be able to say "I knew him way back when he still liked Porches."

shoot. Better put me down for a subscription, Preach!

I pay top $ for good hot sauce.

preach (dudeist priest)
5/24/23 5:07 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

There is no stopping my love for flat 6 P cars. Haha. I would just go from a 914-4/Cayman S budget to a 914-6/993 GT3 budget. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/23 5:32 p.m.

Is there like a coupon punch thing, buying so many bottles gets you a ride in the 914/6?

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/24/23 7:32 p.m.

Preach,

Thanks again for the hot sauce! Got a chance to try it tonight and it is excellent! Nice flavor, warm but not too hot.

5/24/23 9:13 p.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:

There is no stopping my love for flat 6 P cars. Haha. I would just go from a 914-4/Cayman S budget to a 914-6/993 GT3 budget. 

With the profits you'll make, you'll be DDing a 550 Rennsport or a cherry 907.

preach (dudeist priest)
5/25/23 4:55 p.m.

904cgts is my bag baby.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/30/23 5:22 p.m.

It's time to make a sauce again but I am in Virginia rather than home in New Hampshire. 

Sitting in a Navy hotel on base I need things to do and I found this to enjoy and share:

preach
9/11/23 2:19 p.m.

Did a Proof of Concept last night and bottled it today, 3 bottles. Wasabi and  Ponzu based sauce for veggies and fish mostly, I bet it'd be good on anything though. a touch of saki may make it.

preach
9/11/23 2:46 p.m.

We just tried it on some carrot sticks. Mrs. preach and I decided it is a 1 or 2 on our hot scale but it is  very very good. She says it may be her favorite over the last one with the garlic.

The heat of the wasabi root is complimented very well with the sweet of the ponzu, just a touch of the rice wine flavor and a small bit of the rice vinegar used. 

I think the concept is proved and I may have made another winner.

StilettoSS
StilettoSS New Reader
9/11/23 3:22 p.m.

Mrs. preach here, I second that this latest sauce is fabulous. Nice and flavorful, you can really taste all the ingredients and how they play off each other. This would be amazing on sushi/sashimi.

preach
10/24/23 3:38 p.m.

Took another step to making this a business, however minor.

https://www.instagram.com/atkinssauce/ 

I plan on making some product this winter, as I can, and actually trying to market it and figure out a way to lessen the cost of labels and shipping.

I need to do some cost analysis after I figure out those two issues (and maybe bottles) but I am hoping for a retail of $8-10 + shipping as a target. Good thing I know a decent data analyst that can crunch numbers for me.

That said, do we have anyone in NM that can acquire about 5-10ish pounds of real Hatch peppers for me? I have a really good feeling about a roasted Hatch pepper sauce.

10/24/23 7:49 p.m.

I just had some of your sauce on some fried fish.

So frickin yummy

golfduke
golfduke Dork
10/25/23 9:33 a.m.

Followed you on insta!  I'm local to you if you ever need a hand or a guinea pig.  Also have access to a very large commercial kitchen in Manchester if you want to use it... 

preach
11/12/23 1:09 p.m.

Sofrito Habenero one of my first ones remade.

A guy at work broke his dropping it on a nasty cement floor then proceeded to mop it up dirt glass and all with his sandwich so I guess it's good...

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
11/12/23 3:27 p.m.

In reply to preach :

Look at all that gahhhlic!   My lips are tingling from here!

preach
11/13/23 7:18 a.m.

Mrs. preach made me a logo, now just need to get our fancy printer working.

preach
12/16/23 1:58 p.m.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
12/18/23 8:49 a.m.

That's awesome.  How are you planning on selling it at the retail level?  E-commerce, farmers markets? 

I'd love to get my hands on a bottle.

preach
12/19/23 5:35 p.m.

In reply to golfduke :

Ever get over to the Seacoast? I can get you one. I don't get to Bedford much.

I have yet to figure out a shipping solution. It's pricey at the post office. I also need to figure out packaging. I am getting $10/per and don't wan't a huge % added for shipping to the customer.

I sold about 21/30 (5oz) bottles so far, just at work. I kept 2 and will probably be out of the last 7 tomorrow at work. I still have 5 pints to bottle. I have been giving out sample bottles at work for about 2 years. I have made probably 6 flavors to date. This was my first repeat.

Probably making another one this weekend. Most likely a different flavor.

I need to to start cranking these out I think.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
12/20/23 8:20 a.m.

We are headed to the coast on New Years weekend at some point, North Hampton and Portsmouth to be specific.   I'll happily pay for 2 bottles if you have some to spare! 

you can email me at <my username>9883 at gmail and maybe we can coordinate!  Thank you! 

preach
12/29/23 2:15 p.m.

In reply to golfduke :

You have contact info in your email.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3EeUzPdpQFTp4T1WUbGxtuiDYwzUAqOv0XWg3JSbMl2xmKTdYH0ArVkuFMmMXqMU