Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
2/16/21 4:44 p.m.

Some of you may know that I am an aspiring automotive journalist on the side. I really love it, and I feel extremely lucky and humbled that I've been able to do it. I have mainly written for BangShift.com and I've even written a few stories for GRM in the past.

Lately, I've been thinking of trying to expand on that with some other media, namely audio and video. As much as I love writing, I am thinking that the classic car blog's readership rate is probably on the decline, so getting my feet wet with other media may be a good idea.

For the sake of this thread, I'm thinking of branching out into podcasting.

Yes, a million others are already doing it, and I'm WAY late to the game, but I do have a few strong ideas/concepts that I think people would really enjoy. I have familiarity with audio recording, as I used to be in a band and our rehearsal space doubled as a recording studio, and recording myself blabber about stuff is much easier than spending 4 hours chasing the right kick drum sound. I already have some recording software and a nice set of in-ear wireless buds that have 4 mics built-in that get me praise with my conference calls on the day job, so I can use those to get me started.

I have a few friends in the podcasting game, and they have given me some great advice so far, but I figured I'd toss this up here to see what suggestions people might have. I figure for now, I could do some test episodes on YouTube and then branch out from there with a service like PodBean. I'm still very much in the exploratory stages of this possible venture, so any suggestions would be welcome. smiley

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N2aPsJLjIiTSWprASP44kHRwqb3fAtqAzHlIEPI95fE0PzQ8VscKvk7QukzngmFE