1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 ... 136
Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/2/22 12:43 a.m.

Here's a link so everyone can hear it. The one I have is the biggest version and is in the middle.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
7/2/22 1:02 a.m.

That audix d6 can take a lot of abuse; I've pushed them HARD before. It can't keep up with that 18" can though. Fantastic. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/22 10:39 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

My son would like to subscribe to your newsletter. 

Antihero
7/2/22 12:36 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

That audix d6 can take a lot of abuse; I've pushed them HARD before. It can't keep up with that 18" can though. Fantastic. 

It's pretty amazing really, the hydraulic head I added makes it even deeper. It literally will shake the house.

I kinda got the idea from The Hu and want to add some percussion to the mix. I'm not sure if it's just gonna be a recorded sort of thing or if I will want to add another member yet. I've got some roto toms, the one Street Can and some random odd cymbals. I probably want at least a second Street Can, which are very hard to find, and maybe some other stuff. The wife wants to add a gong too actually 

Of course all that depends on when I can get our lives settled enough to have time for a band again too.

Antihero
7/2/22 12:45 p.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to Antihero :

My son would like to subscribe to your newsletter. 

I didn't know your son played drums actually, I'm sure you've mentioned it but I missed it.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/22 5:33 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

"Play" is a strong word... He has a snare drum, a set of real bongos, and a couple other percussion pieces, and uses all of them in various incorrect ways to make as much noise as humanly possible.

My dad is an actual drummer, and the skill clearly skipped a generation, so I am hoping he can hone it into something.

Antihero
7/2/22 8:26 p.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to Antihero :

"Play" is a strong word... He has a snare drum, a set of real bongos, and a couple other percussion pieces, and uses all of them in various incorrect ways to make as much noise as humanly possible.

My dad is an actual drummer, and the skill clearly skipped a generation, so I am hoping he can hone it into something.

I mean.......there are a lot of drummers out there that could be described as that lol. I'm certainly closer to that than an actual person that can play drums.

Music is something that everyone should try at least once imo

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
7/2/22 10:35 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

I feel attacked.  devil

barefootcyborg5000
7/2/22 11:26 p.m.

The new hotness

Antihero
7/3/22 12:16 a.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Nice!

Somehow I've never owned an Explorer

barefootcyborg5000
7/3/22 1:08 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

This is my first actual explorer. I had an LTD EX outlaw, but it just affirmed that I don't like buying guitars online. This one is good. Needs some wiring work, the switch seems bad? It works but there's some bleed-over like when one pickup is rolled fully off, you still get output from the other. Idk. Eventually it'll get the EMG treatment so I'm not too fussed. 

Antihero
7/3/22 2:55 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

In reply to Antihero :

This is my first actual explorer. I had an LTD EX outlaw, but it just affirmed that I don't like buying guitars online. This one is good. Needs some wiring work, the switch seems bad? It works but there's some bleed-over like when one pickup is rolled fully off, you still get output from the other. Idk. Eventually it'll get the EMG treatment so I'm not too fussed. 

I usually try to stay away from buying used guitars online without playing them first too, too much can go wrong

barefootcyborg5000
7/3/22 3:12 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Not even just used stuff. Like when I went to guitar center in Vegas and played two identical LPs, and one was good but the other was trash. I've had exactly one online guitar purchase turn out well, on a Dean split tail of all things. This is a third hand(?) example, kept in a factory case, and has some flavor of pickup swapped in. They sound like a fatter PAF, but they're not as hot as I like. I'll hopefully get to run it through both my rigs when we get home. 

Antihero
7/3/22 5:47 p.m.

I'm thinking of getting rid of this, I never play it, it's excruciatingly rare as it was only made one year and it doesn't do it for me. It's time for it to be passed on to someone new.

Any interest before I put it online?

Antihero
7/3/22 5:49 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

In reply to Antihero :

Not even just used stuff. Like when I went to guitar center in Vegas and played two identical LPs, and one was good but the other was trash. I've had exactly one online guitar purchase turn out well, on a Dean split tail of all things. This is a third hand(?) example, kept in a factory case, and has some flavor of pickup swapped in. They sound like a fatter PAF, but they're not as hot as I like. I'll hopefully get to run it through both my rigs when we get home. 

True, QC isn't great along nearly every company it seems. Gibson seems to be the worst, the ceiling and floor are miles away on quality 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/3/22 5:53 p.m.

Nice Explorer!  I concur about buying guitars used online.  It's been a mixed bag for me. Some good, some less so. I'd say it's been about 50:50 for the ones I've bought online without playing them first.

I have two Explorers. a 1984 with triple P90's and a 1994 Custom Shop Edition in a rare finish. Years ago, I had an Ibanez Destroyer (similar to the one Phil Colleen played in the Pyromania era), but didn't keep it for very long. 

barefootcyborg5000
7/16/22 2:59 p.m.

So, y'all know the saying, "The most expensive thing in the world is a free boat."

It applies to drum kits too. 

barefootcyborg5000
7/16/22 8:56 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

So, y'all know the saying, "The most expensive thing in the world is a free boat."

It applies to drum kits too. 

Says the guitar player who's only rig consists of two tube amps. Still need to pick up an A/B/Y pedal...

The irony. Seriously though, anyone need some ZBT cymbals?

The explorer was a great find, turns out,  though I wasn't really looking. The pickups are a Rio Grande set called Texas BBQ, and they are tasty. Probably the best passives I've ever used. 

Antihero
7/16/22 10:35 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Something wrong with the drums or it means you have to buy more stuff?

ZBTs you say? If no one else claims them I'd be interested. 

barefootcyborg5000
7/16/22 10:46 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

The shells are in great shape, but the heads are done. The cymbals are all like new, just not up to my unreasonable standards. I need two more cymbal stands, a throne, and a double pedal. I got that snare, and I ordered a 30yo set of 14" Zildjiain new beats. A ride is next. Something used, likely in the $250-300 range. It all adds up. 

Antihero
7/17/22 12:33 a.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

In reply to Antihero :

The shells are in great shape, but the heads are done. The cymbals are all like new, just not up to my unreasonable standards. I need two more cymbal stands, a throne, and a double pedal. I got that snare, and I ordered a 30yo set of 14" Zildjiain new beats. A ride is next. Something used, likely in the $250-300 range. It all adds up. 

I need to try some different hi hats, the weird ones that came with the kit are pretty loud and brash. Usually I like the ride and hats to be less present, hence why my favorite ride is a sheet of aluminum lol

barefootcyborg5000
7/17/22 2:37 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

My order of importance for a drum kit is: snare, hats, ride. In that order. Everything else is up for debate. In my mind, toms and bass are extremely malleable, heads and tuning and muffling can make almost anything sound acceptable. And I don't crash a lot so I'm not too worried about them. Snare, hats, ride. That's where I spend my time. 

Antihero
7/17/22 3:38 p.m.

Apparently I have bought the world's rarest hemp cone speaker. 

barefootcyborg5000
7/17/22 10:04 p.m.

Decided to part with my Headrush MX5. 

If anyone here is interested, GRM pricing is 10% off or free shipping. Interesting trades considered. Linky w/ info

barefootcyborg5000
7/20/22 11:37 p.m.

Welcome to my short lived emporium. It's more of a revolving door jammed with second hand musical gear. 
Todays new arrival: a Peavey TKO 115s Sheffield. 

Not the cleanest example, and many of the scars are from my early days gigging, having borrowed this from my buddy. I blew up the original speaker and replaced it with an Eminence 15" of some flavor around 2009. I do not miss lugging this thing around, since it weighs about 200 tons. Sold workhorse though. Quite versatile. And with my buddy moving to Maryland in a month, I offered to help fund the adventure as best I can. 
I think I may build a new enclosure in the same dimensions as best I can manage. Clean up what I can and maybe shave some weight. 

1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 ... 136

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QAbQJSGnuk1bndpr2lGtHZygzmGmjSG1N15pfWfzQ8pKSAq7VPHrPNafXOoOVyal