1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 136
Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/14/23 8:09 p.m.

The latest addition to the pedal collection.  $59 for a TCE pedal seemed like a good deal.  The Pedal Power brick was $50, although I need to buy the output cable kit. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/23 11:32 p.m.

Omg omg omg I own a PRS!!!

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
1/19/23 1:07 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Nice! You're amassing quite the collection. 

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/19/23 10:13 a.m.
Javelin said:

Not sure if you are aware, but there is a big hole in it. laugh really happy with my SE singlecut

Javelin
1/19/23 2:06 p.m.
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) said:
Javelin said:

Not sure if you are aware, but there is a big hole in it. laugh really happy with my SE singlecut

Lol, yes, I am aware! It's a 2022 Zach Myers SE, which is a single-cut, semi-hollow.

I am absolutely smitten with it! I've been wanting a PRS for over 2 years, and this is the specific model that was the top of my list. 

Particularly this year/color as it's both an ocean blue and it has a Private Stock style matching headstock!

I need to sign up for lessons now...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/19/23 2:27 p.m.

Very cool on the PRS and congrats. 

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/19/23 2:39 p.m.

Never noticed an SE with that bridge either mine is wrap around but with no intonation adjustment hmmm laugh

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/19/23 6:59 p.m.

Speaking of PRS, my friend (and friend of GRM) Judy just loaned me her employee anniversary bass and a few pedals. I'm getting spoiled. 

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
1/19/23 7:02 p.m.

Her husband (who also works for PRS), and former bandmate from another project, Rich has loaned this to us (Subtastics) for quite a while now. 

I have really good friends. 

Javelin
1/19/23 7:07 p.m.

In reply to Gimp (Forum Supporter) :

Oooh, how is the Horsemeat?

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
1/19/23 7:09 p.m.
Javelin said:

Oooh, how is the Horsemeat?

I really like it. They threw in some adjustments that make it not only good for guitar, but great on bass. I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but it's solid. 

David S. Wallens
1/19/23 8:47 p.m.

Judy is totally the absolute best. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
1/20/23 4:32 p.m.
Gimp (Forum Supporter) said:

Speaking of PRS, my friend (and friend of GRM) Judy just loaned me her employee anniversary bass and a few pedals. I'm getting spoiled. 

I always forget that PRS makes basses. And every time I'm reminded that they do, I want one. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/22/23 8:23 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Congrats on the Zach!  I hope you get miles of enjoyment out of it!  

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/22/23 8:27 a.m.

Nice!  I got to put my hands on that before she took it home...that's one to be enjoyed.quick note on the pedals...they absolutely work with bass...WTTT is also killer with monophonic synths. The pedals are a time warp. They eat up time. It's a good thing.  

Javelin
1/22/23 11:05 a.m.
jh36 said:

In reply to Javelin :

I've played more since I got it than the last 6 months! You make a great guitar. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
1/22/23 11:26 a.m.
Javelin said:
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) said:
Javelin said:

Lol, yes, I am aware! It's a 2022 Zach Myers SE, which is a single-cut, semi-hollow.

I am absolutely smitten with it! I've been wanting a PRS for over 2 years, and this is the specific model that was the top of my list. 

Particularly this year/color as it's both an ocean blue and it has a Private Stock style matching headstock!

I need to sign up for lessons now...

That's a gorgeous guitar, Jav...

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/22/23 4:32 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

I thank you for that. We have a heck of a team in my opinion. Enjoy!!

Javelin
1/22/23 6:46 p.m.

Played all three today. It's crazy how different they all are, which is a good thing. 

barefootcyborg5000
1/22/23 11:45 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

That's a good looking bunch. All mine are one color. Boring. And our cars are silver, except the truck which is rental spec white. A fellow should do something about all that....

Local shop has this beautiful wine red Epiphone Sheridan P93 on the consignment rack:

I should not have asked the price, that was a mistake. 

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
1/23/23 9:43 a.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

Better hurry.  I think they have officially stopped making them.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/26/23 6:52 p.m.

I've always wanted a nice BC Rich Warlock, like the hardtail, burst finished neck thru ones. Yeah, I know it's a total METAL guitar and such but when I first started playing guitar I really wanted one.

But it looks like Stranger Things has changed the market on them so it might be awhile.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
2/5/23 9:39 p.m.

I've been playing drums a lot lately. I've been playing on the same configuration for a long time now (yes, I basically play in a closet):

I was going through some old gear this weekend and found a couple 10" splashes that I have wanted to get on the kit for a while, along with a cymbal boom arm. So, I ordered up a clamp and I think I'll get one of those splashes mounted near the hi-hats. 

Speaking of hi-hats, I've had a 14" Zildjian New Beat Bottom cymbal for years. Someone gave it to me back in high school, and I've been looking for a matching top for it ever since. It's an 80's era cymbal, so I've been looking for one of that vintage, and always striking out. Until tonight! 

Zildjian used the "hollow logo" on their cymbals from roughly 1978-83. My bottom cymbal is a solid logo, but it's close in age, being made around 1985 or so. Really excited to finally have a set! Eventually, I'd like to get a remote mount so I can roll with 2 sets of hi-hats. 

barefootcyborg5000
2/5/23 10:15 p.m.

Twinsies!!!

David S. Wallens
2/6/23 1:13 p.m.
Javelin said:
jh36 said:

In reply to Javelin :

I've played more since I got it than the last 6 months! You make a great guitar. 

Don't they? 

Learn more about the SE lineup here:

1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 136

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NbXdvQNwzUwSeq0j4gJ0gquIxi7XEMk0KXCNCxT1K2ZF5HojkXW38ySKleLbZBuF