1 ... 989 990 991 992 993 ... 1584
Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/9/22 8:10 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:
NickD said:

Thinking is hard. Rushing to judgment is easy. 

We all leapt to the conclusion Roza was being earnest, which makes this much funnier in light of Pete's post... [EDIT because this is on the next page now and I hate it when things make you go back a page to look up the context; the observation being that the Twitterer in question regularly says that sort of thing tongue in cheek.]

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/22 8:11 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/9/22 9:17 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/9/22 9:18 p.m.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/22 9:35 p.m.

David Elfering
David Elfering GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/9/22 9:53 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/22 10:06 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:
STM317 said:

May be an image of text that says 'Ryan Atotharimaten O'Doud 4m If you invert the lyrics to Rick Astley you get Nine Inch Nails Like Comment Share Ryan Atotharimaten O'Doud I will give you up/ will let you down/ around and hurt you/ will tell you lies/ say good bye/ I will run around and desert you will run will 4m Like Reply'

This song never existed, and yet I can hear it...
See also:

Doesn't sound like a Trent Reznor song.... the mix is too even.  I like the idea of NIN but it is completely unlistenable, the mix makes a lot of things too quiet to hear unless you are in a silent room and wearing headphones.

What makes this interesting/curious is that it gets worse as time goes on (Pretty Hate Machine is good, Downward Spiral has its difficult moments, Year Zero is mostly unlistenable), but Trent apparently has some pretty severe tinnitus and other hearing loss, and you'd think he would not mix that way.

Now this, on the other hand...

Steve Terreberry is a brilliant musicologist and Anthony Vincent is an uncanny style mimic.  You can skip forward to about 6:10ish for the end result.

...(goddamn this noise inside my head)

Honsch
Honsch Reader
7/10/22 1:44 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :
I like the idea of NIN but it is completely unlistenable, the mix makes a lot of things too quiet to hear unless you are in a silent room and wearing headphones.

If that's the way you think about music, then the loudness wars are over and you've lost.

NIN brought back dynamics to pop music and it's wonderful.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/10/22 7:48 a.m.

One of the funniest things I saw on FB before I left it was: "How to reduce your FB friends list".  The answer was to sort them by their like of Nickleback and delete those that do. I was in tears.

Pete. (l33t FS)
7/10/22 7:56 a.m.
Honsch said:

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :
I like the idea of NIN but it is completely unlistenable, the mix makes a lot of things too quiet to hear unless you are in a silent room and wearing headphones.

If that's the way you think about music, then the loudness wars are over and you've lost.

NIN brought back dynamics to pop music and it's wonderful.

I only listen to music when working or driving.  I appreciate the art that Trent does, but I can't enjoy it because of background noise.

What is maddening, however, is that I have been listening to YT Music while driving, NIN comes up a few times.  The streaming mix is different than the album mixes.  Imagine NIN with the guitars washed out and the drums almost completely absent.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/10/22 10:05 a.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/10/22 10:15 a.m.

What does it do when you drink it?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/10/22 10:31 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Makes stuck things move again?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/10/22 11:39 a.m.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/10/22 12:04 p.m.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/10/22 5:14 p.m.

7/10/22 5:19 p.m.

Well, if we're going to anthropomorphize...

7/10/22 5:25 p.m.

I don't have a caption for this one. Suggestions welcome. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
7/10/22 6:16 p.m.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/10/22 6:53 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/10/22 9:58 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

We went to the Milwaukee Zoo and saw this and made a meme that immediately went out to the family.

My only regret is not blaring Barry White off my phone's playlist.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/11/22 8:10 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/11/22 8:22 a.m.

Once you're over 30, excessive dynamic range is annoying in both music and movies.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
7/11/22 1:58 p.m.

May be an image of text that says 'How to "Craft Beer" 2022 1) Ferment someone's grocery list 2) Package it in 16oz can 4 packs for $35 (limit 2 per person) 3) Use neon colored abstract art as the label 4) Give it a name like "Intergalactic Audio Space Cow" 5) Cans blow up because it begins to referment all the pastries and gummy worms that are floating in it'

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/11/22 2:11 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

2 camels, 3 humps!

1 ... 989 990 991 992 993 ... 1584

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vmconKcgwkWhrOkFWMp85dyik2t8e6QtgiuF0fUton64tAVABP8m0lMRK19q5WdP