1 2 3 4 5 ... 441
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/13 8:10 a.m.

I wanna rock.

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
5/3/13 8:20 a.m.

When I was in 2nd grade, I kissed a girl my mom was tutoring. We were BF/GF for like a week. First kiss, but I was so scared I never acknowledged it, and to this day still say my first kiss happened in 11th grade. LOL I thought I was gonna get in SO much trouble...

I also spend WAY too much time on teh interwebz at work.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
5/3/13 8:26 a.m.
Ian F wrote:
wvumtnbkr wrote: I spend WAY too much time on the net while I am at work.
Guilty...

I don't....

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
5/3/13 8:29 a.m.

I hate convertibles, especially miatas.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
5/3/13 8:30 a.m.

I still don't think Miata is the answer.

Conquest351
Conquest351 UltraDork
5/3/13 8:39 a.m.

I also walk when I'm talking on my phone. I can not sit still. I pace around the house or outside or wherever, but I have to be moving. Drives my wife nuts.

calteg
calteg Reader
5/3/13 8:40 a.m.

One of my coworkers has OCD and i regularly move things around her desk when she's away. I've been doing this for about 2 years and she can't figure out who it is.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/3/13 9:03 a.m.

I talk to myself and sometimes the answers I get are surprising.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
5/3/13 9:03 a.m.

I prefer redheads.

My wife is blonde, though. She can't stand redheads.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/3/13 9:33 a.m.
RealMiniDriver wrote: I prefer redheads. My wife is blonde, though. She can't stand redheads.

Exactly the same situation here.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/3/13 9:34 a.m.
Derick Freese wrote: I'm a hipster.

I own and wear a pair of tight jeans. *

*In my defense, they're actually kinda comfy and they make my ladyfriend make hungry growly noises...

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
5/3/13 9:34 a.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote:
RealMiniDriver wrote: I prefer redheads. My wife is blonde, though. She can't stand redheads.

Is your wife a lousy cook, too?

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
5/3/13 9:41 a.m.
wvumtnbkr wrote:

Same. Except [long time] girlfriend, not wife.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
5/3/13 9:48 a.m.

I once hit a parked car and didn't leave a note.

I was about 100 feet away from the car loading a van and intended to tell the owner when he got back to it. When he got back to it he freaked out so bad it scared me so I chickened out of telling him.

That was close to 20 years ago so I was a dumb teenager. Nowadays I'm a dumb adult, so I would leave a note AND intend to tell him. I haven't told anyone this until today.

I'll spend the rest of my life doing right to try to make up for it and still feel like I haven't.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
5/3/13 9:57 a.m.
dculberson wrote: I once hit a parked car and didn't leave a note.

I did that too when I was a dumb teenager. But when I got out to inspect, I couldn't tell which dent/scuff/scratch was from me, and decided to just leave since whichever one was mine was surely the least of the issues with the car.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
5/3/13 10:17 a.m.
mtn wrote:
dculberson wrote: I once hit a parked car and didn't leave a note.
I did that too when I was a dumb teenager. But when I got out to inspect, I couldn't tell which dent/scuff/scratch was from me, and decided to just leave since whichever one was mine was surely the least of the issues with the car.

Me three I left some of my paint on the bumper of someones car. It most likely would have buffed out. I was young and it was a dick move. I still feel bad about it to this day.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
5/3/13 10:51 a.m.

I am less courteous to drivers with Obama stickers on their cars.

If I could get away with it, I would berkeleying murder people who chew with their mouths open. I am currently typing as loudly as I can, attempting to go to my happy place, as there are two people wandering around the shop eating berkeleying candy bars as loudly as they possibly can.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
5/3/13 10:52 a.m.

I take pleasure in hauling ass by Priuses (Priuii?) in a truck that gets 9mpg on a good day.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
5/3/13 11:00 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: I am less courteous to drivers with Obama stickers on their cars. If I could get away with it, I would berkeleying murder people who chew with their mouths open. I am currently typing as loudly as I can, attempting to go to my happy place, as there are two people wandering around the shop eating berkeleying candy bars as loudly as they possibly can.

I'll just use this confession as my own.

Worst part is, one of them is my boss, and his desk is about 6 feet from mine. He is absolutely, always, perennially in a hurry, and also hungry. He buys the warehouse-size box of granola bars, leaves it next to his desk, and hurls about 6 of those things down his throat a day.

On bad days he also spends his break slopping together a sandwich and cramming it in as fast as he can, instead of going out to lunch.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/3/13 11:02 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: If I could get away with it, I would berkeleying murder people who chew with their mouths open.

Possible fodder for a later confession?

I must confess to finding some reason not to sit anywhere near my father-in-law at holiday dinners because not only does he chew like a berkeleying cow - he talks with food hanging out of his big fat maw while pointing and shaking his fork to make points along the way. I want to take one of those things you pack meat into a grinder with and stuff it down his throat.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
5/3/13 11:11 a.m.
JohnInKansas wrote: I take pleasure in hauling ass by Priuses (Priuii?) in a truck that gets 9mpg on a good day.

I really don't understand this one. Maybe it just gives you pleasure, but what are you trying to prove? You have a good enough job that you can waste money? You like to make fun of the fact that he is saving a huge amount on gas compared to you? You hate the environment and want climate change to happen faster?

chuckles
chuckles HalfDork
5/3/13 11:14 a.m.

Such a wonderful thread, I confess I will probably read again.

Conquest351
Conquest351 UltraDork
5/3/13 11:15 a.m.
mtn wrote:
JohnInKansas wrote: I take pleasure in hauling ass by Priuses (Priuii?) in a truck that gets 9mpg on a good day.
I really don't understand this one. Maybe it just gives you pleasure, but what are you trying to prove? You have a good enough job that you can waste money? You like to make fun of the fact that he is saving a huge amount on gas compared to you? You hate the environment and want climate change to happen faster?

Maybe the fact that MOST Prius drivers are pompous asses and think their crap don't stink. "I'm driving a hybrid, you're a bad person for not!" I enjoy giving them a hard time too, but I don't have a big nasty diesel to blow black smoke at them. LOL I REALLY want to get a Prius and drop something insane in it and drive it around...

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
5/3/13 11:25 a.m.
Conquest351 wrote: Maybe the fact that MOST Prius drivers are pompous asses and think their crap don't stink. "I'm driving a hybrid, you're a bad person for not!" I enjoy giving them a hard time too, but I don't have a big nasty diesel to blow black smoke at them. LOL I REALLY want to get a Prius and drop something insane in it and drive it around...

Really? I'd say that it is maybe 5% of the Prii that I see that would fit that description. Not that I could even tell; I rarely actually converse with them and they all drive like every other car driver out there. Sure, they are more likely to have political stickers on the back, but that doesn't mean anything about their person (maybe their intelligence, but not the person).

Anecdotal data point: Yesterday while driving a Miata and an F250, I yelled at a Buick, a Subaru, and a Ford Flex. I probably passed about 20 Prii and didn't have a problem with any of them.

EDIT: Okay, probably not 20. Probably 5-10.

I suspect that you are simply holding on to a stereotype.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
5/3/13 11:31 a.m.

Confession: Sometimes, I love to stir the pot.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
44yZ7vx06fftBfqOWPIkIXb6ipboPo0dRAsF9APDx7n2MPUiDFNjI2J05ZDH70F5