1 ... 389 390 391 392 393 ... 441
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/13/22 10:48 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Tell me about it. Bulk LEGO used to go for about $10/lb. A 20 lb. bag should be $200 on Craigslist/Faceballs. The auctions I find, 22-25 pounders are good for about $80, free shipping. I must have scored a fluke when I got 25 lbs. for $63 shipped. So I use that as my baseline and I keep getting skunked. I need to adjust my bottom line to reflect the new reality.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/13/22 11:27 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Mndsm :

Tell me about it. Bulk LEGO used to go for about $10/lb. A 20 lb. bag should be $200 on Craigslist/Faceballs. The auctions I find, 22-25 pounders are good for about $80, free shipping. I must have scored a fluke when I got 25 lbs. for $63 shipped. So I use that as my baseline and I keep getting skunked. I need to adjust my bottom line to reflect the new reality.

You also used to be able to find LEGO at thrift stores and yard sales- these days Goodwill seems to put things like that they know will sell well online and most people will do the same before putting them out at yard sales. It's been like 5 years since I found any LEGO at a physical yard sale and it's rare to find it at the local online auctions (and when I do it usually goes for more than it's worth paying for).

After seeing what I had to pay for some of the OOP sets that I really wanted (notably the Voltron set) I've taken the proactive approach of if there's a set that I think I might want, it's probably smarter to just buy it as soon as it's released.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
4/14/22 1:46 p.m.

I told FIL I can't use his Escalade 6.0 due to kiddo(s) and projects already stacking up, but he recently told my wife he'd be happy to help me work on projects because it's something he always wanted to be able to do, and hasn't yet been able to.

So now I'm wondering what it would take to pick up the cruddy 240z around the corner from me and use my "new" L28/5spd parts in that and swap his LS Into my 280z, using his house garage/shop, keeping only one z-car in my driveway for city code enforcement to be mad about. Dang it..

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/15/22 7:10 p.m.

Orla the kitten seems like she's continuing to improved, with the neuro symptoms becoming less pronounced, probably as she gets more groceries back into her and gains back some strength. 

She  is having to look  for friends since her sister is gone though.  We may take her to the house tomorrow and see how she fits in with the dog and cat there. 

Not shy about trying to make friends though. 

Dead wood duck both kittens were exposed to has been confirmed by state lab to have had avian flu. I wonder if my wife should get some bio-security continuing education credit for this whole episode. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/15/22 9:00 p.m.

I have a total day off, no need to do anything.

I have played guitar, played some Madden and day drank a looootttt of scotch.

It's nice

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/15/22 10:20 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Last week I scheduled a vacation day today to just hang out with wifey plus it's a slow day at work.  Thursday was high winds in the Windy City and my cedar fence on its last leg blew over a few panels due to rotten posts.

So trying to rig up something to keep my puppy inside I came up with 1/2 a fence and green stakes.  Temporary until I figure out the next step.  

It kept me busy part of the day.

4/15/22 10:35 p.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

I have played guitar, played some Madden and day drank a looootttt of scotch.

It's nice

Also totally unrelated to this.......I have ordered a new guitar

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
4/15/22 11:41 p.m.

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

I do not believe you. 

(About the guitar, I believe you; about day-drinking not being a factor... not so much.)

My confession: I like the '97 F-150 I bought a lot more than I thought I would.

4/15/22 11:54 p.m.
Recon1342 said:

I do not believe you. 

(About the guitar, I believe you; about day-drinking not being a factor... not so much.)

My confession: I like the '97 F-150 I bought a lot more than I thought I would.

To be fair I very much need a piccolo acoustic.... apparently.  I've played one and they are very cool though, and I sent a low offer on it and it was instantaneously accepted so there's that.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/16/22 5:57 a.m.

I "fixed" the bumper cover on my Spec. Miata using the drifty bois stitch it together with zip ties technique.  That's not the confession though.  The confession is that not only am I completely happy with the repair I'm inordinately pleased with myself for doing it.   Apparently I enjoy learning new repair techniques even when they're somewhat sketchy.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/16/22 8:09 p.m.

My lawn sucks. 

It's always sucked, with the exception of the two or three years when I spent a ton of money on fertilizer. But then I had to mow twice a week, and I hate mowing.

The problem is that it's just too big to maintain properly. A few days ago, I did a bunch of measuring and figured how much I would have to spend on the products to get it looking great... but then, of course, I would have to mow more often.

Then it occurred to me that I could just say, "Berk it" and buy a $100 mini bike...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/16/22 8:12 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:
Appleseed said:

In reply to Mndsm :

You also used to be able to find LEGO at thrift stores and yard sales- these days Goodwill seems to put things like that they know will sell well online and most people will do the same before putting them out at yard sales. It's been like 5 years since I found any LEGO at a physical yard sale and it's rare to find it at the local online auctions (and when I do it usually goes for more than it's worth paying for).

After seeing what I had to pay for some of the OOP sets that I really wanted (notably the Voltron set) I've taken the proactive approach of if there's a set that I think I might want, it's probably smarter to just buy it as soon as it's released.

That right there is why I have a Lego svt raptor. Idk when I'm going to get to it, but it's already on the kill list for this year. 

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/16/22 8:51 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

My lawn sucks. 

It's always sucked, with the exception of the two or three years when I spent a ton of money on fertilizer. But then I had to mow twice a week, and I hate mowing.

The problem is that it's just too big to maintain properly. A few days ago, I did a bunch of measuring and figured how much I would have to spend on the products to get it looking great... but then, of course, I would have to mow more often.

Then it occurred to me that I could just say, "Berk it" and buy a $100 mini bike...

I remember a time when my neighbors complained about the state of my lawn and landscaping. I simply replied that I was trying to keep housing affordable in our neighborhood. 
They never talked to me about it again. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/17/22 5:15 p.m.

I have Legos coming, because that's my apparent focus right now. From Denmark. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/22 5:31 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Confession: My mind went to you getting DDM Legos overnighted...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/17/22 6:03 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Oooh, I know what you're on about. Not quite. 

Though if I'm honest, I think once the next two are done, I may attempt to build a full stancy boi s13

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/17/22 6:32 p.m.
Karacticus said:

There can be no denying the sense of accomplishment that comes during the post-operative recovery process upon passing the fence post that had previously occupied your colon.

I will never understand how people become addicted to narcotic painkillers when this is the side effect. 

Edit: also - sorry about your cat. Hope the other recovers. I just read the last ten pages in reverse order. Had to reply to this.

M2's casual use of the word "dook" almost got me also. LOL for that one. 

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
4/20/22 10:20 p.m.

I wish at some point Mercedes made pushrod V8s, because as much as I want to keep my Mercedes, "Mercedes" I'm tired of dealing with OHCs, if I'm being perfectly honest.

It'll piss off a friend or two, but the GM route is looking better and quicker all the time. Given that the car in question is the daily and family hauler, having something under the hood that I can just run to the local store and get parts for is more and more appealing.

I don't want to buy a "newer" car, because I honestly don't enjoy driving them.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/24/22 12:56 a.m.

I'm thoroughly enjoying a pissing contest I'm involved in over on Super70sSports twitter feed.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/22 4:10 p.m.

There is a bird outside that sounds almost exactly like an Audi with a K27/29 turbo hitting compressor surge.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/24/22 4:38 p.m.

I bought a ring light and a phone mount. Am I a YouTube sensation now?

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/24/22 7:31 p.m.

I never had Legos as a kid. I wanted Legos for Christmas, but instead, I got Brix Blox. 

Brix Blox we're the cheap, Lego-like ripoff that they probably sold at either Sears, JC Penney or Service Merchandise. 

Brix Blox sucked. 

Every time I played with Brix Blox, it reinforced to me how much better it would be if I were playing with Legos.

In retrospect, my mom probably saved me a E36 M3load of time and money by preventing me from ever getting involved with Lego.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/24/22 9:01 p.m.

My niece is a little over two years old.  I've gotten clearance from her parents to get her Duplos.  Not going to wait for a special occasion, just going to ship some down in the next few weeks.

4/24/22 9:22 p.m.

Since we are talking Legos.......I have never played with Legos at anytime in my life.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/24/22 9:28 p.m.

You're missing out. It's very zen. 

1 ... 389 390 391 392 393 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Nm1zmyB5Tv9QGlDA1c1CFXpy4pGQFCOLWdOj49MZoVO9NFmrTOU3zuNFAPcEylIX