1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 ... 441
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/26/22 7:38 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Yeah. Movie was called how it ends. Mysterious explosion on the west coast causes man to travel cross country with no power and increasing danger with FIL played by Mr. Whittaker to find and rescue his pregnant fiance. Typical disaster stuff happens, lots of really questionable choices. Ending was berkeleying terrible. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/26/22 9:34 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

In reply to Antihero :

Admittedly it was well before my time, but I can't think of anything remotely close to what Sabbath did on their first album in 1970. Maybe some Zeppelin stuff came close... Dazed and Confused comes to mind (and Page had reportedly been writing that back in his yardbird days). But that first Sabbath album is heavy even by today's standards. 

Same here, it's many years before I was born.

The song Black Sabbath is one of the more menacing riffs around and Iommi gets nowhere near the credit he deserves for what he created with his riffs.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/26/22 9:59 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Mndsm :

My nephew calls that "picture in picture".

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/22 9:19 p.m.

This is my dinner tonight. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/27/22 9:24 p.m.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
4/27/22 10:27 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I've made worse choices.

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
4/27/22 11:00 p.m.

The two clowns that took over the aforementioned business I severed myself from subsequently deleted the entire Instagram profile I grew, followers and all, to start over...

I really want to blast these dudes and tell everyone to avoid them directly. However, I'll go the indirect approach and say if you own a Miata, stick to reputable companies, like Moss, FM, Goodwin, etc., for your Miata needs.

Stampie
4/28/22 11:15 p.m.

I'm going to the DMV tomorrow to title the Suburban.  Legally I can't put the Silverado tag on it until it's registered.  Just realized that the parking meter people can't get me without a registered tag.  I think I'll just wing it with no quarters in the parking meter.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/29/22 3:11 p.m.

Swmbo went to the hair cut store. As we generally don't have a lot of time together, I elected to accompany her- plus there's a sweet pinball place close by. At one point, I'm waiting for swmbo to finish and a mom and a couple kids come in. One kid is whining about no barbers (it's a girl cutters mostly but they sometimes have dude cutters) and starts begging his mom to go to gamestop, which is just down the row in the mall. Mom says no. He keeps begging. I considered going myself because my mom didn't tell me no. He begged some more. I went to GameStop to flex on a fat kid at the haircut place. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/29/22 4:15 p.m.

Y'all have been talking about LEGOs way too much.  I'm supposed to be decluttering.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/29/22 5:36 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

That thing is pretty sweet. If I wasn't actively trying to pack for moving.....

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/29/22 8:21 p.m.

My houses laziness saved my ass yesterday. 

No one ever takes out the trash. It's ALWAYS full. That's a different thread, though. The other day there was a snafu at the Walgreens drive thru and I had to use my personal debit card, they could not use the card on file. They gave it back to me in my bag with my meds. Smart, right? 

I got home, took the meds out of the bag and threw the bag in the trash.the next day I decided I needed a treat and went to Lowes to buy a sander to make more skateboards. Realized I didn't  have my debit card. Went to tap to pay with my phone. Lowe's doesn't do that. Used the emergency credit card. Start to panic, thinking this is the second goddamn card im gonna have to replace in 3 months (the other one somehow got into the very bottom of a bucket of markers) and I was quite upset. Had an epiphany as I was sitting in the car. 

Drove home, reached into the trash that should have been taken out and wasn't, grabbed my Walgreens bag. Inside.........my card! Laziness saved me. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/29/22 11:09 p.m.

We live... 5, maybe 6 miles from the 2nd busiest airport in the world by takeoffs/landings. 

My 2 year old daughter has taken to saying "bye plane" over and over, and waving at every plane, and helicopter that we see. 

I've taken to saying "no honey, biplanes have two levels of wings, these are jet airliners"

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/29/22 11:26 p.m.

I need the manual for that so I can build one in yellow. Then create a gas powered Rickenbacker bass.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/29/22 11:28 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

All 2 year olds are obsessed with aircraft. With any luck, it never leaves her.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
4/29/22 11:36 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I'm trying to figure out if I can use the manual, alter a few things to make it look like a Lambretta, and stick a whole bunch of extra mirrors on it.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/30/22 12:20 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I need the manual for that so I can build one in yellow. Then create a gas powered Rickenbacker bass.

Thanks.

Weirdest damned "boy going through puberty and being very confused" anime I ever saw.  Oddly enough people have written huge articles, if not books, about the meanings in FLCL, while Naota's father quit his job in order to write books about "the mysteries of EVA"

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/30/22 8:30 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

You know you can download the manual and the parts list from Lego for free right?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/30/22 2:36 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I do now.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/1/22 8:06 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Good deal. That's how my batmobile is getting built. 

As an aside, I am absolutely the type of human that will rate a likely to buy from again on a business based on if I get stickers. Scotty Cranmer? Will buy. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/2/22 10:33 p.m.

I think Flamin Hot Cheetos are disgusting. They're like the fruitcake of junk food.

Flamin? FABULOUS!  
Hot? Even better.  
Cheetos? Has there ever been a better creation?

Flamin hot Cheetos? Absolutely disgusting. Get the berkeley out of here. You've ruined spicy and Cheetos in one go. 

I am apparently alone in this opinion though. 

Stampie
5/2/22 10:38 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

What if your cool elderly neighbor gave you some for free?  Free makes them a lot better.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/2/22 10:52 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to mtn :

What if your cool elderly neighbor gave you some for free?  Free makes them a lot better.

Then I'd say thanks, take them, and hand them to one of the panhandlers I see about once a week. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/2/22 11:18 p.m.
mtn said:

I think Flamin Hot Cheetos are disgusting. They're like the fruitcake of junk food.

Flamin? FABULOUS!  
Hot? Even better.  
Cheetos? Has there ever been a better creation?

Flamin hot Cheetos? Absolutely disgusting. Get the berkeley out of here. You've ruined spicy and Cheetos in one go. 

I am apparently alone in this opinion though. 

Flamin hot Cheetos are a lie. Now I may be biased and of unusual...capacity (anyone that ate some of the reaper sauce at the 2019 taco bar knows) but they are neither flaming, or hot, and I don't even think they count as Cheetos. No cheese, no chee in Cheeto. More like ...E36 M3os. 

Now the paqui haunted ghost pepper chips, omg those are the move. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/2/22 11:48 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Try the flaming hot Mountain Dew. It's interesting, like fruit punch with spiced rum sort of flavor.

1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EByGjzmFvsxTTrMnVXGTtvlGVkVx56hFSvOKh26TLJoniuwb0FOSmdi7payhJ0cT