1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 ... 441
eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/11/22 12:54 p.m.
Daylan C. said:

The entire Fever 105 radio station from GTA Vice City popped up in my youtube recommendations. So that's what we're doing for music now I guess.

Vice City is my favorite of all the GTA games by a longshot.  I have held off from buying the remaster, because I am afraid it won't live up to my memories.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
5/11/22 12:56 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Have you been to Knott's Berry Farm? Much lower key than Disneyland, more of a wander around and push kids in strollers kinda place. Fun western vibe. Back in the day, much better food than Disney. It makes for a fun day unless you were really wanting to soak in a particular Disney theme. If you go, don't forget to buy your favorite jellies, jams, and preserves.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/11/22 1:05 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
Daylan C. said:

The entire Fever 105 radio station from GTA Vice City popped up in my youtube recommendations. So that's what we're doing for music now I guess.

Vice City is my favorite of all the GTA games by a longshot.  I have held off from buying the remaster, because I am afraid it won't live up to my memories.

It will not, which is terribly disappointing. Instead of doing a remaster, rockstar farmed it out to Grove Street Games, the people behind the mobile ports. Grove Street, in turn, upscaled the mobile games to "4k", and called it done. 

berkeleying shiny happy people. Not like rockstar couldn't afford it, $11 billion, with a B, in straight profit from GTA V/online, but a couple million to do right by their loyal fans with proper remasters was just asking too much. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/11/22 1:05 p.m.

Lego.

I berkeleying hate lego

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
5/11/22 1:22 p.m.

In reply to matthewmcl :

Not since I was a kid. For the wife and myself, we just like Disney. For the kids, I'm sure given the choice they'd choose the same. Of course, we could just take them wherever and give no say and I'm sure they'd have fun. That said, we're not going to be able to make the journey often, not with the kids for at least another year, and they like Disney in general, so the crowds and extra ticket cost don't really bother me that much. And Disney has stepped up their food game considerably in the last few years. And also, if we were to make the drive and not do Disney, the wife would insist on universal instead, because Harry Potter. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/11/22 7:42 p.m.

Just got off the newest ride at Epcot- the guardians of the Galaxy coaster. 

Holy damn. Disney did it again. 

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
5/12/22 11:28 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I haven't played the remaster but I've seen video of it. It looks much worse than the original. I refuse to buy it.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/22 1:15 p.m.

Some dumbass didn't turn the rice cooker on.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/12/22 1:23 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Some dumbass didn't turn the rice cooker on.

When you get home, boil it like pasta with lots of extra water.  15 minutes, then into a strainer.  Done.

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/12/22 1:36 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

It had been on simmer for a half hour, I hit the button and 10-15min later it was passable enough to throw canned chili in and eat.  I figure the extra water is good for hydration smiley

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/22 3:03 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

From some of the things I've seen Pete post about eating, he must have an iron gut. He could have eaten the rice raw.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/22 3:50 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

As long as it isn't combined with any food from Sheetz. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/12/22 3:54 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Duke :

From some of the things I've seen Pete post about eating, he must have an iron gut. He could have eaten the rice raw.

I've eaten white minute rice raw. Its crunchy.  I like it.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/22 4:11 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Lil Stampie was a picky eater young. One thing his mom made that he'd eat was rice and ketchup. I know but if the kid will eat go with it. I made some rice one day to make a simple burrito to expand his horizons. Had him taste it so he would see it was the same that he had before. He replied "No it's not crunchy like Mom's!"  How the berk do you tell a four year old that their mom sucks at cooking?

Pete. (l33t FS)
5/12/22 7:17 p.m.
EvanB said:

In reply to Stampie :

As long as it isn't combined with any food from Sheetz. 

Or whatever godawful sheet pizza that our service manager guilted Federated to get us for lunch every Friday.  Pure intestinal lube.  They finally figured out that I will not eat any of it.

Last week we did $20k in business with them, we get Longhorn for lunch tomorrow.

Confession: I feel like a weenie getting a burger and fries.  But I have had all of the fish options that don't involve an exoskeleton, and the last (only) time I got a steak from them it was about 20% connective tissue.  And I figure that it would be hard to screw that up, and I am getting the project antsies with the Mini.  I need to be on the road Saturday morning, and while the Volvo has many amenities, the heated seventy way memory seats do not also have a flush option...

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/12/22 7:37 p.m.

I've started using the Steve Dulcich "I assure you" in my daily lexicon

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
5/12/22 9:06 p.m.

It’s opening weekend, myself, my Dad and my son heading up to open up the island houses, get the water on and with any luck have a great 3 generation bonding session over dinner and big boy drinks tomorrow night.   Also, BOAT RIDE!  (laugh)   I’m like a little kid at Christmas!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/12/22 10:33 p.m.

I use a car/truck for sales and I'm changing jobs next week.  My '16 Silverado is almost at 135,000 miles and it might be best I upgrade soon.  I'm expected to hit 6 states.

I didn't tell the wife yet but I put a $500 refundable deposit down on a '22 Tacoma 4x4 4-door cab, manual transmission, army green color.  Their price is below sticker so I'm a bit jacked up for July to arrive.....

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/13/22 9:06 a.m.

I have a friend who is a psychiatrist. 

I have no real sense of what his actual workday is like, but half the time I imagine him in a scene from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and the other half I see him suspiciously tracking Major Nelson and Major Healey around Cape Canaveral.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/14/22 8:36 a.m.

I'm now rooting for FedEx to keep berkeleying up my delivery so Amazon sends me a refund and maybe I get a free griddle. That would be worth the annoyance of 2 weeks delayed delivery. 

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/19/22 10:51 a.m.

I get paid weekly. It's nice.

From what I can gather, this week I got paid the entire sum of everyone on staff for the week.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
5/20/22 3:50 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

That happens every week when you are the only one on staffcheeky

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/21/22 11:31 a.m.

At approximately 10am I decided to do what any logical person would do and go through my liquor shelf. As it turns out I have a bottle of vodka, 3 bottles of dark rum, a bottle of white, several assorted cordials, 9 different bottles of gin (four different Hendricks...) And 26 varieties of whiskey. I make good life choices. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/25/22 10:18 a.m.
Mndsm said:

At approximately 10am I decided to do what any logical person would do and go through my liquor shelf. As it turns out I have a bottle of vodka, 3 bottles of dark rum, a bottle of white, several assorted cordials, 9 different bottles of gin (four different Hendricks...) And 26 varieties of whiskey. I make good life choices. 

How many Islay's though? This is an important question

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/25/22 12:09 p.m.

I'm not much of a gardener, but I do love the hoes. 

1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WhDAVMW6c3rDuIMddrLmxudDh3pYrpi0374bG0y1wyPlwAuaBdOk5LKIHabGkF48