1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 ... 441
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/22 12:32 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

You went to watch the Kid Rock show.  You didn't go to watch the drunk ass kid show.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/19/22 4:50 p.m.

There's a Lincoln Mark VIII running around here that's lowered on Bullitt wheels with a muffler delete. It's got me feeling some kind of way.

Stampie
6/20/22 1:59 p.m.

My lunch was a bowl of cookies and creme with a shot of peanut butter whiskey poured on top. #norulesvacation.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/20/22 2:16 p.m.
Stampie said:

You went to watch the Kid Rock show.  You didn't go to watch the drunk ass kid show.

Yep. Ten years ago we went to see The Fratellis when they were having their 15 minutes.

Fantastic show totally ruined by maybe 30% of the crowd being drunken idiots.

And I was still in my 40s at the time.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
6/20/22 6:27 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

I was just given a rather rough 99 accord. It runs and drives, but no ac, drivers window doesn't work, interior is bad, and engine light is on. I do t have anywhere to put it without asking someone else. I don't know what to do with it. I'd fee slightly guilty just selling it but not sure why. 
Maybe I get some pictures and offer it up as challenge fodder if anyone is looking for a wild road trip. 

Picked up the biscuit a bit ago. I'm pretty sure he told me it was a 99 civic auto. It's actually a 99 accord 4 cyl manual. It has less miles than I thought at 190k. The drivers window reg is trashed, and the power glass roof doesn't power. Ac doesn't do cold. There's an engine light and a maintenance light. Also the brakes are loud. 

And I think the Mercury just landed on the chopping block. 

Stampie
6/20/22 8:06 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Sounds like a good deal.

barefootcyborg5000
6/20/22 8:27 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Having not seen the thing before driving it home, he had me under the impression that it was a lot rougher. I mean, it needs a thorough douching, but it's straight and rust free. And I have a thing for 90s accords. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/21/22 11:25 a.m.

I bought a 12 year, 2 generation old driving game solely on the information that they actually included a licensed dodge Monaco. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/22 12:14 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

The M body or the rebadged Renault?

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/22 12:55 p.m.

It won't be too long, now.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/21/22 12:58 p.m.
Duke said:
Stampie said:

Yep. Ten years ago we went to see The Fratellis when they were having their 15 minutes.

Relevant confession: I don't get concerts. Let me spend a E36 M3load of money to deal with a bunch of drunken idiots and listen to a band that potentially won't play the songs I really want to hear and also will likely sound worse. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/21/22 1:09 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to Mndsm :

I had to Google that because I don't know squat about Mopar, but, the m body. I believe in game it's supposed to be a 74. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
6/21/22 1:15 p.m.
NickD said:
Duke said:
Stampie said:

Relevant confession: I don't get concerts. Let me spend a E36 M3load of money to deal with a bunch of drunken idiots and listen to a band that potentially won't play the songs I really want to hear and also will likely sound worse. 

When I was younger, I could tolerate the drunks and other idiots better, but sometime in the last ten years or so, that ended.  I still go to concerts, but only ones where I am reasonably sure the fans will be well behaved.  Unfortunately, it means I've missed out on some acts I'd really like to see.  Also, I prefer to know if the performers have a reputation for putting on a good show, so I can decide whether it is worth it over just listening to their music at home.

Edit:  man, I feel old thinking about the above versus when I was a teenager and got a beer poured on me in a fight over a drumstick the drummer tossed into the crowd...at a Starship concert.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/21/22 1:46 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I saw the scattered remains of starship do a free show at Disney a few years ago. No beer was spilled. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/22 2:25 p.m.

Me: i hate wearing other peoples beer and BO.  i'm 55 years old, dammit!

Also Me:  I was in the pit for Circle Jerks and Negative Approach a couple months ago.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/22 6:01 p.m.

I like driving MGBs more than Miatas.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/21/22 6:03 p.m.

I don't understand dudes. I've been watching police videos, because I find them fascinating. One constant is dudes getting hemmed up for talking nasty to "underage" girls online. 

Now here's what I don't get. When are people gonna learn, if a girl talks to you online, gets all nasty at outset, and wants to meet, it's probably a dude. Underage or not, dude. Have people not learned this by now?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
6/21/22 6:14 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Find the one where the dude brings a pizza and starts eating while getting questioned by that Chris guy......

There's also a MadTV version that sadly is kinda funny.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
6/21/22 6:24 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

All was cool in 1980 at Six Flags St. Louis when Marilynn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. showed up.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/21/22 7:31 p.m.
Mndsm said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to Mndsm :

I had to Google that because I don't know squat about Mopar, but, the m body. I believe in game it's supposed to be a 74. 

That's a C-body.

Living your Blues Brothers fantasy?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/21/22 7:44 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

There was a blues brothers themed mission. 

I was just impressed at the breadth of cars in the game. I find myself wishing for a E36 M3box racing game on the regular. Like regular ass used car lot cars. Like an old Altima or a Camry with three hubcaps, and working your way up grid style. 

I stumbled across video of the game on question and it featured the Monaco, and subsequent reviews said it was pretty good for the series. And then it turned out to be completely delisted and only available on physical media, so I had to have one. I've only been impressed thus far. Everything from a w body Impala (is that the w?) To a Lamborghini jalpa and an absolutely hilarious cross section in between. 

The game? Driver: San Francisco. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone that can find a copy. 

barefootcyborg5000
6/24/22 1:58 p.m.

I almost opened a thread for the sake of taking bets. My guess was page 5. I didn't win. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/24/22 2:31 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

I saw the job title.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/24/22 8:14 p.m.

Secret confession.  I secretly laugh out loud anytime someone starts a thread with, let's please have a civil conversation while secretly setting the table to berate anyone that challenges their personal views.  It's dishonest and hilarious all at the same time.  

If you are not prepared to have open honest discourse, don't ask someone to play by your predetermined rules and wishes.  That is neither open or honest.  

One of my core beliefs is everyone is wrong at times including myself.  You have to prove it though.  Another core belief is just because something is legal or illegal, that doesn't make it morally right.  And last core belief I will share today, things that work for you and others may not work for me, etc.  Every situation in life is individual and different.  

Have fun and keep the shiny side up....  shiny lol

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/24/22 8:15 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

I almost opened a thread for the sake of taking bets. My guess was page 5. I didn't win. 

I lol'd.

1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UmTq4NN2aK6nrUlLdaEnAXRD1wmgGgpwgxZldHsxnCMPGLUKPOND7f0iKJO2rIY9