1 ... 402 403 404 405 406 ... 441
j_tso
j_tso HalfDork
9/14/22 5:44 p.m.

In reply to Jesse Ransom :

I think I know the shoe you're talking about. The Goodyear logo sticking out of the sole on the ORI-S reminds me of an Adidas shoe I saw a long time ago.

I'll probably give those a shot.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/16/22 6:38 p.m.

This one will be known to anyone that reads my posts.

I suck at the written word as far as spelling and punctuation goes.

I was in remedial English in high school, yet excelled in math.

There was only one red underlined word in this post. I am shocked.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/16/22 7:12 p.m.

Borrowing a jcw mini cooper for the autocross tomorrow, and drove it around this week.

Damn thing is like hitting a crack pipe.  Sooo addictive. 

Gonna have to boost the v6 miata now.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/16/22 7:12 p.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

Just because you have perfect penmanship, doesn't mean you have something to say. wink

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/16/22 9:32 p.m.

It appears as if I've recently been promoted to 2XL.

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
9/18/22 11:28 a.m.

Took my son to the beach for his very first time. 6 hours spent on the road, roundtrip.

I hate how far the drive to Corpus is, and I stand by my assessment that the beaches in NWFL where I'm from are superior.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/22 3:51 p.m.

My heart is just not in it today

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/19/22 3:40 p.m.

A well seasoned flank steak tastes better than any filet I've ever had, is way easier, and faster too.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
9/20/22 9:37 a.m.

Everything is massively falling apart at work due to owner negligence, but I've got two in-person interviews this week and expect at least one offer, so I'm looking around at the chaos like Moss and Roy from the end of "The Speech" episode of The IT Crowd.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/21/22 12:14 p.m.

I may have just stuck my puppy's face into my wife's online meeting's camera during the meeting. I am a shiny and happy...

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/22/22 12:46 a.m.

Truth is lot of people say I'm smart or that I think I'm smart.  That's not the case.  I think I'm not all that bright but really just average.  Heck, no one knows what I don't know besides me, and it's a lot.  That said there are a lot of very simple things so many don't seem to get.  I worry about humanity because it ain't trending in a good direction.  George Carlin pointed out once half the people are dumber than average, and that's scary.  The US made the Dept of Education when I was young.  Since then the US has fallen from 1st to 14th in education in the world by country.  That's not a good trend at all.  Education and ability was always the critical advantage the US had over everyone else. 

I actually have two not so great academic distinctions of being the "dumbest" smart person as my one time academic advisor put it.  I may have had the lowest GPA on the plaque, but my name was still on the plaque! 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/22 1:39 p.m.

I had a meeting with someone today. Possibly the boss, I don't really remember.

He said that he could tell how angry I was when we spoke on the phone.

Then I explained how he was mistaken.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
9/25/22 4:03 p.m.

I was just in a 7-11 for the first time since about 1979 and it looked exactly how I remembered it, scuzzy. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/25/22 8:26 p.m.

I've realized I no longer give a crap about current sports.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/27/22 9:33 p.m.

I told SWMBO on her birthday that my life would be so much easier without her or the kid. But it wouldn't be better. That's how I know its worth it.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/27/22 10:41 p.m.

I threw on my hikers and meant to carry my dress shoes to my truck on my last sales trip but I forgot, so in theory I forgot my sales shoes and was in Louisville with the wrong ones.  

I stopped at Zappo's Open Box shoe store and bought these.  A lot of money - who pays $350 for shoes but for $100 they are really nice.  Hopefully they never wear out.   

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/28/22 11:42 p.m.

I'm about 10 minutes from the end of the first episode of Andor, and I have no idea at all what the hell is going on.

Edit:  It's seems the late Beatles era Paul McCartney looking dude is going to run into trouble with the guy from the original Dune movie.

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
10/3/22 9:28 p.m.

I forgot I still had an E36 bumper laying around until somebody messaged replying to the listing for said bumper I also keep forgetting I posted.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/3/22 9:40 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

I'm about 10 minutes from the end of the first episode of Andor, and I have no idea at all what the hell is going on.

Edit:  It's seems the late Beatles era Paul McCartney looking dude is going to run into trouble with the guy from the original Dune movie.

I'm in the same boat, WTF ??

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/4/22 12:47 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Kind of the point. It's a character you don't know very much about yet. Its not Kenobi or Fett where you can say I know this, this, and that.

It's not the PG-13 guy, the guy you hope is the hero you love. It's the Rated R guy, the guy you're not sure you like yet or not.

We're on episode 3. It starts to flesh out.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/12/22 10:35 p.m.

A guy at work lives near Denver and was talking cars with me on the cell and mentioned this company in Colorado that drops Chevy engines into Miata's.  He described them like they're building Cobras from the 1960's.

So I froze up and pretended it was the first time I've heard that ignoring Keith and FM.  I'm not sure what happened but I don't always want to sound like a know it all and I clammed up.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/22 9:58 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I'd be all "Oh, you know [FM|Keith]?  You should come hang out on this awesome magazine's forum.  And check out the magazine, it's pretty rad"

OTOH at the rallycross last weekend, was speaking with a friend, and his friend whose car decided to let the smoke out, while we were waiting for the tow truck to arrive, and it turned out that we all knew a certain polarizing automotive writer (four gear fox?), so that turned into more conversation.  Granted, the last time we'd hung out together was at a Lemons race in 2009-ish, so it's been a while.

confession:  I have visions of an NA Miata with a Chevy 2.8 with a turbo hanging off each side.  I am not a well person.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/16/22 9:56 a.m.

Since I drive the Miata less, I think it's going to get more race for next year

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
10/16/22 11:21 a.m.

I've gone totally uncaring at my hospital, and frankly I'm not sure why others aren't either.

If you haven't heard, a nationwide charting system EPIC is down across the nation and might be for 2 months. This has compounded a partner's facilities incompetence to new heights- to the point where now they've likely killed a patient of ours, since they didn't run STAT lab values for 12 hours. Because we're an ICU this means I've lost what little filter I had because now, there's an actual life threat to me.

"What's the reason for this EEG test?"

Me: "Doc wants it."

"That's not en-"

Me: "It says it on the sheet, mental status changes. Doc's wanting it. I wrote it."

"Well I need-"

Me: "-TO run the EEG yes. When will you be over?"

Big-dicking everything has made my job so easy. I literally either bug and intimidate this hospital into doing what I need for my job, or I force them to tell me who I need to talk to and why. When they send order sheets back with "What reason?" and it's clearly written, it returns to them in minutes with ~20 flags and arrows on the reason highlighted, as aggressively as possible. Lab tech calls for my supervisor to complain about my behavior? SURPRISE. Even if I wasn't in management, I could still just tell you to screw off. E36 M3, I've even had them complain, and before they could I called their own phlebotomists to get them on my side before they could get around to it. SUCKS TO SUCK!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
10/16/22 12:58 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

Ouch.  So EPIC is what got killed in the ransomware attack?  I think a product our company makes interfaces with it, but it is only a peripheral function.  I'd heard rumblings of the issue affecting some of our customers who also own hospital chains.

1 ... 402 403 404 405 406 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xYgD2mf1XknJnPMPviI3V2HRoXQBKDQcFPAFYLie35ark0XmVQr4uKZxr2ZgTmd9