1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 ... 441
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/22 1:31 p.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

Get all House on their asses!  

Bureaucracy has no place IMO.  Yeah, wasteful, but explain to little Tiffany's parents that she died because the third link in a chain didn't get the proper paperwork stamped or something.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
10/16/22 1:44 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Unfortunately, most advancements in medical record keeping tend to be used as excuses to reduce headcount, rather than give health care workers more time to actually care for their patients.  So, when there's a failure like this, and everyone has to go back to paper charting, it really screws things up.  Even after it is back up, there is now a backlog of data that has to be entered.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
10/16/22 1:56 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Yep, it's all from that.

+1 on electronic charting not being used to actually help nurses. I think sometimes its meant to be as thorough as possible because insurance companies will try to weasel their way out of anything.

Pete. (l33t FS)
10/16/22 1:57 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

My mom used to do 6-8 hours of medical data entry a night at home to make ends meet, I know those feels.

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
10/16/22 6:45 p.m.

After getting SOME sense of normalcy back in my life, certain people in my life have tossed me back into what seems to be the inescapable well of anxiety and depression.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/18/22 1:07 p.m.

I think it's funny when asked for my name on some text or online inquiry to use Wink Dinkerson.

Wink Dinkerson
Wink Dinkerson SuperDork
10/18/22 6:57 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I think it's funny when asked for my name on some text or online inquiry to use Wink Dinkerson.

Damn you! That explains all of the junk mail...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/18/22 11:12 p.m.

In reply to Wink Dinkerson :

Yeah - somebody called me back and I forgot and used my name; Pete. 

Wink, is this Wink?  

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
10/19/22 8:39 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Above the door on my race car, and at away tracks I used the name Kaiser Söze for an entire year, never once got called on it.

I rebuild a lot of welding equipment and one of the parts manufacturers is a combination of two company names, Abicor and Binzel. That's the name I use in situations where I prefer not to use my own.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/20/22 10:54 p.m.

I bought a 54" wood propeller.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
10/22/22 12:58 p.m.

It took everything I had. 

One of the girls I work with told me yesterday that she was off today and tomorrow, so I inquired. I'm into Olympic lifting, I have a competition. Telling me about her two lifts, and how confident she was. You know, I find that if I can clean it, I can jerk it. And you should see my snatch. 

It took everything I had not to say it

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/8/22 5:56 p.m.

I bought a new 40 piece socket set because both my big sets are currently scattered and I can't be bothered to find them all and find out how many are missing. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
11/9/22 10:12 a.m.

I am horribly with names. Texting someone and internally going, "Oh geez. I really hope I'm remembering their name correctly."

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
11/9/22 12:00 p.m.

While it is still kind of ugly, I think the i7 is the best implementation of BMW's new godawful grill design.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
11/16/22 9:46 p.m.

My spine Dr, The guy I've been seeing for almost two years, has a name I must have not been paying attention to. A name that would work so much better in the adult film industry.

Dr. 
Max Root. 

I can't believe I missed that. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/17/22 10:57 a.m.

For as little as I really have to do during the days, I'm extremely berkeleying impatient about waiting for other people to do things. I just want to do what needs done then be bored again, is that too much to ask? 

Maybe this is a rant but it felt like a confession.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/20/22 7:51 a.m.

I just found Beyonce and Shakira's Beautiful Liar and now I need Pantera's Five Minutes Alone.

Pete. (l33t FS)
11/20/22 7:57 a.m.

Semi-related: I stopped listening to Pantera after I realized that Phil Anselmo basically whines so much he should be in an emo band, but he had good music behind him to mask it.

See also: Megadeth

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/20/22 8:00 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I like him in Down better, but yes.

Pete. (l33t FS)
11/20/22 9:40 a.m.

I want a 7 clone.

I have never wanted one before and this morning I woke up and wanted one so badly that I can't imagine what it was like to not want one.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
11/22/22 6:55 p.m.

Christmas music: I've been listening to it before thanksgiving.

Who am I and what have I become?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
11/23/22 5:25 p.m.

I just poured Knob Creek into my coke, because it was the first bourbon I was able to reach in the cabinet.

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
11/23/22 5:57 p.m.

I don't care that "automatics win races", I still hate them.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/23/22 6:05 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

Christmas music: I've been listening to it before thanksgiving.

It's not like you have a choice about that.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/23/22 6:27 p.m.

I secretly wish I had a diesel truck so I could let it idle outside the gas station door while I was playing scratchers at the counter and keeping people from buying their pork rinds and beer. laugh

1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PgcGkKpFlHE7Annd629Mr7xKxi4nTC5tyn438lXD3ShBBOgRoWa57Tn019SOHP5K