1 ... 404 405 406 407 408 ... 441
logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/23/22 6:28 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon said:

Christmas music: I've been listening to it before thanksgiving.

Who am I and what have I become?

You're out of the band  Turn in your red Chuck Taylors and ironic guitar strap!

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
11/23/22 7:43 p.m.
logdog (Forum Supporter) said:

I secretly wish I had a diesel truck so I could let it idle taking up two pump spots while I was playing scratchers at the counter and keeping people from buying their pork rinds and beer. laugh

One time a truck was blocking 2 pump spots at a busy gas station so I had to wait  for another pump to be open. I was pretty annoyed and thinking all sorts of mean things about the truck's owner in my head. Then he came out and it was a guy I've known for years but hadn't seen in a long time. We ended up chatting for about 15 minutes, lol.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/23/22 10:10 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

Chatting for 15 minutes in front of the pump...

BlueInGreen - Jon
11/24/22 8:36 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Well we'd moved first.

I feel like there's a point to that story but I'm not sure what. Something about how we are pretty bad at empathy and forgiveness toward strangers but if we know the person we react differently. I dunno

Todays confession:

"Hey dad, since it's Thanksgiving, can I have a piece of Halloween candy before breakfast?"

"Um, sure why not."

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/24/22 8:56 a.m.

I don't like turkey.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/24/22 9:38 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

That's why i serve ham. 

RRelated Thanksgiving confession, the wife and children do not appreciate the Alice's Restaurant tradition, too bad for them. 

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/24/22 12:52 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I want a 7 clone.

I have never wanted one before and this morning I woke up and wanted one so badly that I can't imagine what it was like to not want one.

Just buy a motorcycle.  They weigh more and are slower.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/24/22 1:18 p.m.

As I lay in bed this morning with my arm laying across my face, I exhaled deeply, unintentionally resulting in a very wet sounding fart noise. 

I found this deeply satisfying. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/24/22 1:24 p.m.
A 401 CJ said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I want a 7 clone.

I have never wanted one before and this morning I woke up and wanted one so badly that I can't imagine what it was like to not want one.

I am pretty sure I would be dead or vegetative inside of a week if I had a motorcycle.  Plus I don't like sitting that high up.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/24/22 1:29 p.m.

After measuring out some milk to cook with I then put the milk in the cabinet where the measuring cup goes.  Twice.

BlueInGreen - Jon
11/24/22 1:49 p.m.
A 401 CJ said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I want a 7 clone.

See that makes sense, but no one ever wants a Lotus 7 type car because it makes sense ;)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/24/22 2:36 p.m.
A 401 CJ said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I want a 7 clone.

True if this is all you can think of when you think of motorcycle.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/24/22 2:37 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
A 401 CJ said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I want a 7 clone.

I am pretty sure I would be dead or vegetative inside of a week if I had a motorcycle.  Plus I don't like sitting that high up.

It's better to be shot out of a cannon, instead of squeezed out of a tube.

Some shiny happy person ran over my girlfriend's mailbox.

It was me. I was the shiny happy person.

Also, U-Haul trucks are hard to back up without a spotter lol

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
12/7/22 1:44 p.m.

I have a great job. 

I responded to a recruiter on LinkedIn for a job that would be a big stretch for me, because it could nearly double my salary.

I know there's 0 chance of it working out, but I'm still thinking about it.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/7/22 1:54 p.m.

I am filling out my annual review. I have not been very productive this year, though to be fair to myself, I haven't had clear direction on what my role actually is. Such is the case when you've had 4 managers over the past 365 days.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/7/22 2:09 p.m.

I went to get gas in the Cayman the other day. I pulled up to the first available pump and was about to hop out when the lady in front of me finished up. I decided to wait for her to leave and pull up so no one could block me in. She got in her car and then took about 5 minutes to leave. I'm sure she was on her phone. I was getting pretty irritated. She finally left and just as I started to pull forward a guy stepped out from the next isle and I almost hit him. I gave him a dirty look and said something to myself. He came out of the store a minute later and apologized to me and told me that he lot sight in his left eye and didn't see my car. I told him "no problem" , apologized and told him to have a great day. He pulled out and I saw an Army sticker on his rear window. In hindsight I'm sure he was a vet. I felt like a complete asshat. 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
12/10/22 6:21 p.m.

I let the family 5 get to the metal:

All fresh now. Factory pads and house rotors. I dislike these twist style calipers. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
12/13/22 8:04 p.m.

For a moment there I questioned whether I should actually be driving.

It was a day after a long trip, two very late nights, and little sleep. I decided to visit my Mom, and go to my club meeting after. I was driving in an area I've been, but not in 40 years, and never driven. It was dark, with poor lighting and unfamiliar. I came to a full stop, looked and proceeded... and was T-boned by a late model Civic. Not wanting to block traffic I almost immediately backed up. Right into the side of a mid size SUV.

It was precisely at that point that I questioned my grasp on things going on around me. Fresh in my mind was a local 90 year old who was recently killed with his Wife when he pulled out of his concession on to the hwy, into an oncoming truck. I met him only once but never forgot his name. He sold me what turned out to be the worst car I've ever owned.

As I got out of my car to apologize to both drivers, the SUV took off up and over the median.  Civic guy said wow, did you see what that guy did, running into you like that? He also said, don't worry about it, It can happen to anyone. Doesn't appear to be any damage to my car (the paint was scraped on his bumper), no problem. As I got in my own car to leave, I realized that he had a stop sign, and it was his fault.

It all happened so fast. I was so tired, and in an unfamiliar place,  I missed that he had a stop sign and the SUV that tried to squeeze between me and the other car in the intersection as I was reversing. I didn't even see him. I  thought the whole thing was my fault. I pulled out of an intersection  into a truck last year writing off my car in the process. I looked, I looked twice. I proceeded. I didn't see him and I have no idea where he came from.

I don't trust myself anymore, and I need to be more careful. A lot more careful. I hate getting old.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/13/22 8:35 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

62 here.  Sad truth.

wae
wae PowerDork
12/14/22 8:54 a.m.

My sister brought her car over so I can replace the catalytic converter that got stolen.

I absolutely love the smell of un-filtered exhaust.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/14/22 1:24 p.m.

I ran across a random BMW blog on FB and stopped in to poke fun at the hideous undesirability and unreliability of recent BMWs.

I'm enjoying sniping at the various users that I riled up as they run around hurling insults at me for daring to criticize their generic status symbols.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
12/14/22 8:13 p.m.

That seems like a very un-Duke thing to do.  But I agree with it. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/14/22 8:28 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

You mostly see my good side.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/19/22 11:04 a.m.

My kids have a series of books we read from every now and then that centers around unicorns. I do my dad-duty and annoy them by reading is "unicrons" until they get really mad at me. That's not the confession. My confession is that I now have trouble reading "unicorn" any way other than "unicron."

1 ... 404 405 406 407 408 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
T53WmgcNCrtGl5zLFN9HWHerzR3OYoQzY7a5vlx0XEhrKydg2HoEb3VkSNKRPEhH