1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 ... 441
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/12/23 6:50 p.m.

I pretty much like everyone here. Some more than others, but there isn't anyone who I dislike, let alone hate.

.I no longer bother checking in on the real estate thread. I know I  would be disappointed and disgusted by more than a few people whom I like and/or respect.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/23 7:02 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

My confession is that I never opened that thread once just based off the title.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/12/23 9:54 p.m.

But it's such fun to read an argument where everyone contributing is wrong.  Difficult, but not impossible.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/13/23 9:35 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I do that with 99% of what comes through here right now. Strangely it cuts down on a lot of frustration. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/15/23 8:38 p.m.

I have an amusing idea rattling around in my head of building a Corvair like one of Magnus Walker's "outlaw" air-cooled 911s. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/23 10:07 p.m.

Showers seem to take substantially less time when I just grab the bar of soap and wash my hair with that instead of using shampoo. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/15/23 10:38 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Showers seem to take substantially less time when I just grab the bar of soap and wash my hair with that instead of using shampoo. 

My dad was balding with a full beard. At some point he stopped buying shampoo and this was the norm.  

Then at some point he stopped showering and brushing his teeth so I don't know what his norm was. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/16/23 10:30 a.m.

Do you keep your shampoo in a gun safe or something?  Why would it take any longer than simply reaching for the botttle and putting it back?

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/16/23 11:22 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

My dad was balding with a full beard. At some point he stopped buying shampoo and this was the norm.  

Then at some point he stopped showering and brushing his teeth so I don't know what his norm was. 

Sadly I think this happens to more old people than I had previously recognized. 

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
1/16/23 12:16 p.m.

I'm at my limit. That's my confession for the day/week.

Stampie
1/16/23 10:44 p.m.

I feel dirty rooting for Dallas but there's no way in hell I'd ever root for Tom.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/16/23 10:46 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Can't say I agree. I don't even like football and the only team I hate more than Dallas is green bay. Mostly because their fans are awful human beings. 

Stampie
1/16/23 10:53 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

We're mostly aligned.  Dallas, GB, and TB are the axis of evil.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/16/23 11:42 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Bar of soap will rinse out/off fast. Shampoo, unless it is old school V05 or something without any conditioning qualities, will take longer to rinse out. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/17/23 1:40 a.m.
Stampie said:

I feel dirty rooting for Dallas but there's no way in hell I'd ever root for Tom.

I'm hoping they both loose.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/17/23 9:49 a.m.
mtn said:

In reply to Duke :

Bar of soap will rinse out/off fast. Shampoo, unless it is old school V05 or something without any conditioning qualities, will take longer to rinse out. 

I think that has more to do with the hardness of the water than it does with whether it's shampoo or soap.

Regardless, I'm struggling to imagine a difference of more than 30 seconds either way.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/17/23 11:08 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I have extremely long hair. I've had what amounts to regular, generic short hair. The difference on wash time (with shampoo) is less than 30 seconds between the two lengths.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/23 11:18 a.m.
NickD said:

I have an amusing idea rattling around in my head of building a Corvair like one of Magnus Walker's "outlaw" air-cooled 911s. 

i would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/17/23 1:15 p.m.

Relative to the design trend thread, I actually like using black wheels for my winter snow tire/wheel set. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/23 2:00 p.m.

i've been struggling with motivation to start running again, even though i want to run another marathon this fall.  so today i registered for a race that is 65 days away.  now that the adrenaline dump has subsided, i'm still not psyched.  it's hard to train in the michigan winter when you hate treadmills.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/18/23 10:14 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
NickD said:

Me, too. My current LM Corvair daydream is to build one as though it had stayed in production and evolved in the same manner as the 911. I'm thinking a Corvair comparable to a Carrera 3.2 in terms of styling cues and mechanical upgrades would be a riot.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/19/23 11:24 a.m.

I had a vehicle today where the DTC was B0085. It got a chuckle and a "Noice..." out of me.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/19/23 11:32 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

You'll never be too old for that, or any "69" coincidence. 

I'm told I can't be taken out in public for similar reasons. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/19/23 12:08 p.m.
DarkMonohue said:
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
NickD said:

Me, too. My current LM Corvair daydream is to build one as though it had stayed in production and evolved in the same manner as the 911. I'm thinking a Corvair comparable to a Carrera 3.2 in terms of styling cues and mechanical upgrades would be a riot.

Mine would be more old-schooly race vibe. Pick a solid but slightly scruffy one, bumper deletes, louver the E36 M3 out of the engine cover, leather tie-down straps, round yellow fog lamps, some sort of Minilites or Panasports, and a rowdy, breathed-on stock engine.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/19/23 1:42 p.m.

I just bought another two full sets of slicks on wheels for a car I haven't driven yet

1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3TenoWdp73Zj9n4s20uHxqAU0kplN0puA13qrVSzj38vbWBsazf9I0KJng1QfQ1E