1 ... 411 412 413 414 415 ... 441
wae
wae PowerDork
2/11/23 8:07 a.m.

I have never seen a Citroen that I didn't think was butt-ugly.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/11/23 5:01 p.m.

Swmbo took a random left turn and we ended up car shopping today. Unless I misread the signals I think we're buying a new (like plastic on the seats new) Lexus. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/23 5:49 p.m.
wae said:

wae
wae PowerDork
2/11/23 5:59 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
wae said:

Okay, I'll give you the top one.  But the bottom one just looks like it rides all funny.  Stupid Carolina squat.

(I keed! I keed!)

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/11/23 10:03 p.m.

I own a decent guitar. I haven't played it in years.  I doubt I even remember how to play the guitar.

But I cruise the ads on Reverb every day looking at cool stuff.  Right now I want this:

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/23 8:23 a.m.

I have never oiled an air tool. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/14/23 9:25 a.m.

I think I'd really like to own an MGTD.

But I don't want a nice one. I want to buy a fairly crappy pile of non running MGTD stuff. 

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
2/14/23 9:33 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

How about a 1250 TF?  My mom has one that is solid but now sitting for 10 years.  Needed a trans rebuild and shocks at that time.  Driver quality cosmetics.  It's up in Boston, and always falls to the back burner of projects for me to even get to.  

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
2/14/23 9:56 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I was picking up my Son's guitar in for warranty repair, and the tech was running late. So I killed time playing some of the new ones they had hanging in the showroom. I'm not a good player, and always feel, at very least, a little awkward with a guitar in my hands. But I picked up this Ibanez and the instant I held it, it just felt like it belonged in my hands, and it played accordingly. It was perfect, and almost 20 years late I'm still thinking about it. It looked similar to that one, so now I'm searching again to try and figure out what model it was. I should have bought that guitar on the spot.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
2/14/23 10:02 a.m.

In reply to Sonic :

I might be interested. Drop me a message with some more details.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/14/23 10:14 a.m.

In reply to Peabody :

That's a Parker.  They're just... cool.  They were super light but used composites to stay nice and stiff.

Adrian Belew plays a lot of Parkers, among other folks.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
2/14/23 10:23 a.m.

Yes, I'm not current with guitars and models, so I had no idea what that was, but that Ibanez looked very similar.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/14/23 10:25 a.m.
Duke said:

In reply to Peabody :

That's a Parker.  They're just... cool.  They were super light but used composites to stay nice and stiff.

Adrian Belew plays a lot of Parkers, among other folks.

A neighbor I had growing up had a whole gaggle of Parkers. 

I didn't like this neighbor - an shiny happy person who met every single stereotype of a surgeon's personality - and didn't like his music either, but that was a cool guitar. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
2/14/23 10:45 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I think Adrian Belew has been auctioning off some of his guitars recently, like within the last few weeks. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/14/23 11:28 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

In reply to Duke :

I think Adrian Belew has been auctioning off some of his guitars recently, like within the last few weeks. 

Oooooh, do want, though I'd never be able to do it any justice.

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/14/23 4:25 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Ibanez GSA60?

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
2/16/23 4:42 p.m.

I just realized that my Christmas lights are still on.

Maybe I'll just leave them on and see how long it takes for somebody to  call me on it

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/16/23 6:01 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

I think I'd really like to own an MGTD.

But I don't want a nice one. I want to buy a fairly crappy pile of non running MGTD stuff. 

Yeah, you absolutely do.

Somewhere between "aging gracefully" and "holy crap, does that garbage actually run?" is my favorite aesthetic for an LBC.

Confession: work has become temporarily tedious, and I'm starting to bring it home. On top of that, I've been asked to try to act as a positive influence on another employee who is also having a hard time, which means that even though I'm as frustrated as he is, we can't commiserate. I have to bite my tongue and downplay the abundant nonsense we're very obviously forced to chew through until the project settles down and starts becoming fun.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/17/23 5:28 p.m.

I bought a membership to the local car wash, $25 a month for all you can wash. I love it, it makes winter suck less. I am washing my car every couple of days. 

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
2/17/23 5:37 p.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

Man I miss that. I changed jobs and don't have one to drive by on the way home, anymore.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/17/23 6:54 p.m.

I stopped at Farm & Fleet (not to be confused with Fleet Farm) to pick up some salt for my water softener.  As I was looking at the mini bikes some old guy chatted me up on them.  We had a discussion about the Jeep.  

On my way out I saw some other old guy standing there looking at the mini bikes. 

Men are just boys with pricey toys.......LOL

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
2/17/23 9:28 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

To be fair, mini bikes are an unreasonable amount of fun. Anyone who doesn't like them obviously has never ridden one. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/17/23 9:37 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

To be fair, mini bikes are an unreasonable amount of fun. Anyone who doesn't like them obviously is  a commie or dead. 

matthewmcl
matthewmcl Dork
2/17/23 9:45 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

In theaters this summer! Dead Commies on Mini-bikes!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
2/17/23 9:52 p.m.

As is often the best course of action, we must now turn to Guy Clark for guidance: 

1 ... 411 412 413 414 415 ... 441

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CWnZmgpLasmGA4EOohpxn45kLF3dXLWDOI44U77sagiR7nXQJLm63laGZ7wVN8j3