1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 ... 441
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/5/23 10:55 p.m.

I got an email yesterday that one of my friends that had a heavy influence on my life in the road racing world is sick with cancer and has limited days left.  Fricking Camel cigarettes.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/6/23 8:41 a.m.

I call them my 2-D friends as opposed to 3-D.

If I meet you at least once in real life, you change categories.

And some of my best friends are people in the 2-D category.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/13/23 10:02 p.m.

I have to confess any thread started by those Heideman guys in Holland, Michigan is going to be educational and interesting and for sure I'm checking it out.  

Add that sentiment to that Angry guy, that guy in Central Illinois (is that Angry or the Corvair guy?) the Clown guy, Wally, Woody and that Flying Miata guy (Keith) in Colorado.  

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/14/23 9:18 p.m.

Oh, dear, forgive me.  I just saw the preview for the new Indiana Jones movie, and I'm going to the movie theater in June, for the first time since covid hit.

It looks wonderful.blush

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UberDork
4/14/23 9:49 p.m.

Caught myself standing in the yard in pjs and sandals, waiting for the dog to pee, and thinking about how I should trim the bushes soon.

I may have reached Peak Dadlife 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/23 10:12 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

Wait until you find yourself standing in the yard in tighty whities and sandals waiting to remember why you were there.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/17/23 12:32 p.m.

I've been unable to convince my wife she should have vinyl applied to her new truck to create an equivalent look to the vintage two tone paint schemes. 

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/17/23 1:27 p.m.

I finally learned to use ratchet straps properly two weeks ago. I've used cam lock straps for years, but never could figure out how ratchet straps actually worked, I'd thread the strap through a little bit, crank like crazy, everything would get jammed up, and then I'd give up. I watched a YouTube video two weeks ago and finally figured it out. It's amazing how well they work once so knew what I was doing :)

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/23 11:16 a.m.

I try not to hate things, but I do hate the word "Rad"...regardless of whether it refers to Canadian  Auto Parts, or to the era that I grew up in. 

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
4/18/23 7:32 p.m.

I have three, all related:

1: I got a ride in a very spicy Shelby GT 500 tuned to a claimed 800 WHP Friday evening. Holy E36 M3 it’s quick and the brakes are like dropping a tail hook.

2: I spent most of the 15 minute ride giggling like a 9 year old. 

3: The 7 speed dual clutch automatic shifts lightning quick, I couldn’t hate it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/18/23 8:47 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

I try not to hate things, but I do hate the word "Rad"...regardless of whether it refers to Canadian  Auto Parts, or to the era that I grew up in. 

I'm sorry for your loss.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/18/23 9:27 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

I wait in the yard in the warmer weather in my sleeping shorts at night waiting on my dog thinking I should pee in the grass too.  

Never have but it crosses my mind. 

so_slow
so_slow Reader
4/18/23 10:08 p.m.

SWMBO has dementia and has had a rough 6 weeks. Just days after putting her into a memory care facility she fell and broke her arm. After that she was so terrified of falling that she would not stand or walk. A week later she had to have an unrelated abdominal surgery, was in the hospital for a total of 23 days and has been living on a liquid diet because she is refusing to start eating solid food again. She is now in a physical rehabilitation nursing home learning to stand and walk, but is still refusing solid food.

One neighbor had not seen her in weeks and asked if anything was wrong. I may have left him with the wrong impression when I, somewhat flustered, told him "She is in rehab, still drinking and refusing solid food". It did not occur to me until later how that might be interpreted.

Unfortunately it is all true, but sometimes you just have to laugh at an impossible situation.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/23 10:14 p.m.

In reply to so_slow :

Thanks for the laugh but sorry for your situation.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/18/23 11:00 p.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
4/18/23 11:18 p.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

I upvote all downvoted posts whether I like them, agree with them or not.  I'm a free speech absolutist.  Free speech is necessary to figure out what is true and what is BS.  Censorship is the favorite tool of dictators and liars.  

Down voted this just to be an ass. I don't disagree with you.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/18/23 11:35 p.m.

In reply to so_slow :

That sounds beyond tough.  I feel for your situation. Glad you can still joke facing such absurdity.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/19/23 9:21 a.m.

In reply to M2Pilot :

You're not alone lol.  Reality and free speech are the scariest things in society now.  I'd have said impossible 25 years ago, but I would've been wrong.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/19/23 9:26 a.m.

Im already plotting lunch despite having packed one

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/19/23 9:34 a.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

I upvote all downvoted posts whether I like them, agree with them or not.  I'm a free speech absolutist.  Free speech is necessary to figure out what is true and what is BS.  Censorship is the favorite tool of dictators and liars.  

I voted this post up, but it's not showing positive yet.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
4/19/23 10:31 a.m.

I am interviewing for the first time tomorrow for a job that I think I want, that would be great but would mean giving up all of my 12 paid weeks of paternity leave. 23%+ pay raise though, and potential for even more earning via bonus. I haven't interviewed in 5 years and I'm pretty nervous.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/19/23 12:38 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

Good luck to you sir.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/19/23 12:46 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Im already plotting lunch despite having packed one

Goody shop bacon cheeseburger was definitely the right choice. 

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/21/23 1:43 p.m.

I keep wanting a minivan...

I guess I am getting old.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/21/23 1:45 p.m.
93EXCivic said:

I keep wanting a minivan...

I guess I am getting smart.

FTFY.