1 ... 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 ... 1928
Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/21/21 12:49 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Mike (Forum Supporter) said:

"contactless delivery" means passive-aggressive doorbell ringing over and over again by the pizza bro while my dogs decide it's the end of the world, and that we're all gonna die.

The dogs tried hiding under each other behind the couch?

(It's never that. Unless it is a thunderstorm, anyway)

That would have been better. One goes off to her happy place. The other two battle for loudest "catch me outside." 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/21/21 2:05 p.m.

RockAuto sent my parts out, delivery for Friday or Saturday.  Story is still unfolding, but between them and USPS it is currently out for delivery... in Charleston, South Carolina.  I'm in Riverview, Florida.

Wife needs her car tomorrow, so I had to get the truck running without it idling at 1700RPMs, so I had to get a new TPS sensor.  NAPA is the only shop available, it was $55.  I'm frustrated to say the least.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
11/21/21 2:12 p.m.

Hurt my back last weekend helping a buddy move his non-running Jeep.  Last week I was working on a Volvo 122 in the garage and dropped a Dana 30 axle on my left leg, so I was now hobbling on that, with the hurt back. And yesterday I woke up and my right knee is sore, feels like it's got a Baker's cyst.  And I still put up the Christmas lights, because I'm an idiot. So today I'm laying on the couch, icing all the things, watching football.  I hate football.

On the plus side, at this rate, I should be dead before Thanksgiving.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/21/21 6:55 p.m.

You may not have to pee right now, but you know you're going to have to as soon as you stand up.

Which is why I warn you five minutes before dinner is on the table.

But do you ever get up and pee when I warn you, so that you, I, and dinner can all arrive at the table at the same time, ready to eat?

No. No, you do not.  Every damn time.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/22/21 12:51 a.m.

I love Christmas music, and I don't even mind it being played too early (too early being before the real Thanksgiving in November (as opposed to that fake one the Canadians like to pretend about in October)). 

But seriously, I've heard Michael Buble about 7 times already, and have yet to hear Arlo Guthrie. There is a problem here. 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
11/22/21 9:51 a.m.

It is way too early in the day/week to want to beat on things with a baseball bat.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/22/21 10:12 a.m.

I feel like E36 M3, and a guy i worked closely with Friday of last week getting moved out of a homeless shelter tested positive for covid over the weekend. And i saw the whole family yesterday and went to church. Have a covid rapid test scheduled at 3pm. 

berkeleyity berkeley berkeley. Didn't need this added stress, or potentially screwing up my wife's thanksgiving dinner....

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/22/21 10:29 a.m.

"Tire level low"

Which tire?

"Tire level low"

How low? 

"Tire level low"

All 4 are set to factory settings now

"Tire level low"

Whoever pushed for half assed "safety measures" needs smacked. Whoever at Honda made TPMS without a consideration for colder temps needs smacked. 

Plus side, the 12 civic handles bumpy windy back roads at highway speed fairly well even with the "Tire level low" light. 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/21 10:35 a.m.
RevRico said:

"Tire level low"

Which tire?

"Tire level low"

How low? 

"Tire level low"

All 4 are set to factory settings now

"Tire level low"

Whoever pushed for half assed "safety measures" needs smacked. Whoever at Honda made TPMS without a consideration for colder temps needs smacked. 

Plus side, the 12 civic handles bumpy windy back roads at highway speed fairly well even with the "Tire level low" light. 

My 2016 Ford won't tell me which tire is low, my wife's 2019 Pacifica Hybrid will tell us on the display and email us a status report.

Also once the tire pressures are corrected, it takes a few miles and possibly a certain speed to get the computer to read the sensor data.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/21 11:54 a.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

Abous 15 seconds over 20mph.

Note Honda has two lights. A tire pressure warning light (heiroglyph) and a system fault light ("TPMS").

Indirect systems need to be manually reset every time you change pressure, rotate tires, or every oil change, to accomodate wear and stuff.  They do not turn themselves off, you have to hold the button down until the heiroglyph starts flashing.  Or go through some menus in the center display.

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
11/22/21 12:07 p.m.

My 2009 Chevy truck doesn't tell me which tire is low, but my 2015 VW requires me to fill all 4 tires to spec then to press reset tpms button in the glove box. My mom's 2019 Nissan will give you individual tire pressures and highlight which one is low. When you fill the low tire it beeps to let you know you have reached the correct pressure. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/21 12:16 p.m.

Your '09 Chevy DOESN'T have individual wheel readings?  I thought every GM with sensors had that information in the info display.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/22/21 12:33 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I think some of the budget work trucks don't have the display, but I could be wrong.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
11/22/21 12:54 p.m.

The Gmail app is hot garbage. I only get notifications for emails that Gmail decides is important. Also, when I'm trying to read an email chain, it's hides the string and I can't read it. 

Im about to go full on Kramer and quit the Gmail. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/22/21 1:01 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

If you're looking at a thread with collapsed replies, it will give you a double line with a number in a bubble between the top and bottom entry in the thread. The number shows how many entries are hidden.  Just tap or click on that number and it will expand the collapsed entries.  Then tap on the one you want to read.

To change your alerts, click or tap on the little cheeseburger icon (three parallel lines) and near the bottom of the pop-up menu is a Settings item.  Click that.  If you have more than one account logged in, tap that email address to open its settings.  Scroll down until you find Notifications.  Tap that - you have a choice between All New Mail, Primary Only, High Priority Only, and None.  Pick All.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/22/21 1:57 p.m.

My wife is home sick with Hand Foot and Mouth. So is my daughter; she was the one that brought it home from daycare. They're both over the worst of it, now just dealing with some sores. They'll be fine, though it was a few days of not very much fun. 

Since HFM is so contagious, and she works in a hospital with many immunocompromised patients, she's home until everything is cleared up. Hospital sick line is saying one thing, the urgent clinic said another, but either sounds reasonable. 

What seems unreasonable is the requirement for a Covid test for her to go back to work. She is triple vaxxed. She has not had any contact with anyone who is positive. She was just at the doctor who didn't even think to administer a test, because why the hell would you when all of your symptoms are 100% congruous with HFM? I guess it isn't unreasonable from a risk management and overall cost reduction point of view, but man is it annoying.

matthewmcl
matthewmcl HalfDork
11/22/21 2:00 p.m.

My 2018 Honda Fit requires somethin like 30 minutes between 35 and 65 to relearn after resetting the indirect TPMS. It is a 30 mph speed limit (strictly enforced) until I get a few miles from the 75 mph limit freeway. Sometimes it takes several days until comditions are just right for it to accept the reset and not put the light back on.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/22/21 2:01 p.m.

Most of the test requirements allow an antigen test, which you can administer at home using a ~$20 for two test kit from CVS or a free one from many local libraries and such. Still a pain but a little less so than needing to go somewhere to get tested.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/22/21 2:06 p.m.
dculberson said:

Most of the test requirements allow an antigen test, which you can administer at home using a ~$20 for two test kit from CVS or a free one from many local libraries and such. Still a pain but a little less so than needing to go somewhere to get tested.

Not for the hospital. Gotta go to one of their facilities. Which isn't far, just annoying to coordinate. We have a few at-home tests on the shelves.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/22/21 3:50 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I feel like E36 M3, and a guy i worked closely with Friday of last week getting moved out of a homeless shelter tested positive for covid over the weekend. And i saw the whole family yesterday and went to church. Have a covid rapid test scheduled at 3pm. 

berkeleyity berkeley berkeley. Didn't need this added stress, or potentially screwing up my wife's thanksgiving dinner....

Not covid!

But now running a fever.....

But at least its not covid according to the test. Time for dayquil and oblivion. Or fallout new vegas. Either way, its berkeley this E36 M3 o'clock. 

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
11/22/21 9:41 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

It is a 2009 Colorado LT value package, so it does not have some options.

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/22/21 11:11 p.m.
wae said:

Why am I the only person in the world that actually looks at other people's calendars before scheduling a meeting?  It's not like the "Scheduling Assistant" is a new feature.  And then when I decline the meeting you act surprised and offended. 

Seriously. 'My calendar is current. Look at the free/busy time'

wae
wae UberDork
11/23/21 7:52 a.m.

Our dogs are complete jackasses about jumping up on the counter and swiping anything that is remotely edible.  If you want a pie to cool, for example, you have to put it in the microwave so they can't reach it.  I am constantly reminding these people that live in my house that you can't leave anything on the counter or the dogs will get it.  Sure enough, my daughter baked a pumpkin pie last night to take to one of her teachers at school today.  We woke up this morning to an empty pie plate and guilty canines. 

I'm the dumbass that took the pie out of the microwave, put it on the counter, and forgot to put it back in the microwave for safe keeping.

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
11/23/21 7:56 a.m.

I see a trip to the bakery depot of your local grocery store in your near future. 

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/23/21 8:03 a.m.

To all institutional architects.

Do yourself, and your customers a favor. Use stock colors for door panels and use quality door hardware. Yes, I know the Wilsonart Beigewood looks cool and different, but it makes replacements for the cheap crap y'all installed an expensive nightmare when the door panels fail 2 years later.

The 5 ply bonded panels in Wilsonart Beigewood that I'm replacing them with are costing me $1800 instead of using a stock color at half that cost. And that doesn't even consider the delivery times of 4-5 months. 

If you are designing and building a school or a hospital, spec quality door panels and hardware and use stock colors. Then make damn sure your contractor follows the specs. Your customers are hard on doors and the E36 M3 y'all have been installing lately is worse than the residential stuff in my house. The building I'm working on is 2 years old and this is the 10th panel that has cracked at the latch or hinge. The entire panel is chipboard with laminate glued to it. No reinforcing for lock hardware, no stiles to fasten the hinges to, just chip-board and laminate. That's unacceptable. This building cost $400m and y'all put crap for doors and hardware in it. Now your customer is paying the price. 

And to everyone else, stop going with the low bidder. E36 M3 prices come with E36 M3 products, and just because something says it's comparable to a spec doesn't mean it is. A $40 commercial handset is not equal to a $200 handset. One of them will last a year or two. One will last as long as the building. 

This. This is not acceptable. There is zero structure to this door. It's fire chalk and masonite. Why the hell would you install this in a high-traffic location where it is guaranteed to fail. 

20211026_092307.jpg

1 ... 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 ... 1928

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t4uAf9BeAGkFm9Qwz53SQJR8GSQmrR6JsU2VHwVMcMp3eZZTcESD7ffTwiG9SthE