1 ... 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 ... 1926
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/25/21 3:23 p.m.

berkeley me running. 

I just spent WAY more than the last two cars i bought combined on two mattresses and a new home computer. 

berkeley adulting sucks. 

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
11/25/21 3:31 p.m.

GPS watch E36 M3 the bed at the starting line of a charity 5k this morning.  
I hate holidays.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
11/25/21 5:29 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

We bought a pricey foam mattress thing in a box at Costco and hated it.  They told us we could return it so we did.  

Then we bought an even pricier one where the sales guys wears pajama shirts and I hated spending the money but I sleep great.   The wife made the right decision.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/26/21 5:25 p.m.

I just forcibly conscripted a deer into SpaceX with the Yaris

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/26/21 5:31 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

You OK?  Yaris totaled?

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/26/21 5:34 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I'm fine. Yaris seems okay. The deer? No clue. I'm not joking when I said I launched it. It was just gone.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/26/21 8:18 p.m.

I'd been enjoying watching the cats stalking the birds splashing around in the puddle outside my office window.  That lasted for several days until it dawned on me that I live in the desert and there really shouldn't be a puddle outside my office window.

After about four hours of messing around I've found the pipe that's leaking and determined that it's the supply to the irrigation system (which, fortunately has a dedicated valve).  I've got probably another hour of digging to expose enough pipe to make the repair and several hours fixing the landscaping that I messed up trying to find the source.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/26/21 8:37 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

berkeley me running. 

I just spent WAY more than the last two cars i bought combined on two mattresses and a new home computer. 

berkeley adulting sucks. 

I am paying more per month for a phone than the payments for my S60R, over the same time period, which was the most expensive car I'd ever bought.

The phone is cool but this still doesn't sit right.

Pete. (l33t FS)
11/26/21 8:38 p.m.
NickD said:

I just forcibly conscripted a deer into SpaceX with the Yaris

Is it the week after deer season?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
11/27/21 9:14 a.m.

Moved to Columbus, OH seven years ago. This whole Michigan rivalry thing still makes me think people are crazy.

wae
wae UberDork
11/27/21 10:39 a.m.

My wife just performed a physics experiment with her Mazda5.  The data suggest confirmation that two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time.

Anybody got a red 2nd gen Mazda5 bumper cover for sale?

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
11/27/21 10:48 a.m.
Beer Baron said:

Moved to Columbus, OH seven years ago. This whole Michigan rivalry thing still makes me think people are crazy.

Do they still play the " We don't give a damn about Michigan " song on the radio before the game? Because they should. 

O-H-I-O

Go buckeyes!!!

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/27/21 11:03 a.m.
NickD said:

In reply to Duke :

I'm fine. Yaris seems okay.

So, I thought it just needed a front bumper and maybe a hood. Well, it also crammed the upper core support back a good 3-4" and the hood latch is pinching the upper radiator hose. So now I have to try and pull that out as well. Guess I'm carpooling for a couple weeks.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/27/21 1:52 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Damn, sorry to hear that.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/27/21 1:58 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Well, perhaps this should be in the Minor Win thread but a scouting trip turned up that the local junkyard has a red Yaris with a good front bumper and a black Yaris with a good hood, and Toyota, bless their soul, made the upper core support a bolt-in affair. So a 30 minute visit at the junkyard tomorrow should get me all the stuff to put it back together pretty quick.

Pete. (l33t FS)
11/27/21 2:38 p.m.

Awww. So you don't get to loosely ratchet strap the bent bits to a tree and take a running reverse slide hammer?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
11/27/21 2:41 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

We bought a pricey foam mattress thing in a box at Costco and hated it.  They told us we could return it so we did.  

Then we bought an even pricier one where the sales guys wears pajama shirts and I hated spending the money but I sleep great.   The wife made the right decision.

Three things never to go cheap on:

Shoes, Mattresses, and Toilet Paper.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/27/21 2:43 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I did that to the right front control arm of my idiot nephew's POS Subaru Loyale after he hit a curb. I told him it might last the 20 miles to the local indie Subaru shop, at which point he took off on a 300-mile road trip to see his ugly, no-personality girlfriend.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
11/27/21 2:52 p.m.

There was a big tree just outside the shop that we used to do that with. We used chains and it sometimes took progressively longer windups and harder  hits to get stuff straight. That tree came down in a windstorm one winter and I'm pretty sure we hastened it's demise. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/27/21 3:06 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Awww. So you don't get to loosely ratchet strap the bent bits to a tree and take a running reverse slide hammer?

I did that with a Corsica that my sister bought that had had the front end cleaned off it at a stoplight. Also did that with a Ford truck bumper and a telephone pole after a guy obliterated a deer in front of my parents. But taking out four bolts and just replacing the core support os so much easier. Plus I have a strong love for my Yaris and want to fix it right.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/27/21 3:26 p.m.

When you have a dented Neon sedan that you are fixing for a cousin ,  and you use excavation equipment to turn said Neon into a quasi-flail to fix that dent, that's when you've hit the big time.

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
11/27/21 4:07 p.m.
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) said:

Currently having the worst episode of sciatica in my life. No position is comfortable. 

Very slowly getting better, but still going.

Have to try to get into a doctor next week I guess.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
11/27/21 5:31 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:
Beer Baron said:

Do they still play the " We don't give a damn about Michigan " song on the radio before the game? Because they should. 

O-H-I-O

Go buckeyes!!!

This didn't age well. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/27/21 5:57 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

I'd add Tattoos onto that list

johndej
johndej Dork
11/27/21 7:36 p.m.

Went to look at 4 cars over the past few days break trying to find something to upgrade the wife before we're due for a kid. All in the $5-9k range  Two were completely missrepresented and trashed. Tried to buy the other two for asking price. One at least texted me that they decided to keep the car before I came to get it. The other I showed up, with the wife to give final approval and cash in hand, only to have them do the same thing in person. Apparently after having it listed and not selling, they dropped the price. After seeing all the replies at $2k lower and not being able to get the car they wanted to replace it with in time, they were taking it down and will list later again at the higher price.

1 ... 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7nW4k68e5ZboMQXZNUJ1YrlzEvaHRBvKTkaywUXr8atqATA6LKlCUJLVIFIeZVt1