1 ... 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 ... 1926
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/22 1:32 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Throw the magnetic duct cover over them. They're easy to see, so you remember if they're on or not during seasonal changes. They're pretyt inexpensive, too.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/22 1:41 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

I use an independent agent, they handle a number of companies and run my policy by a number of them and move me to the least expensive one without me having to do anything. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/22 1:47 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

That's what I'm moving the company to. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/22 2:57 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

I've been with a few companies I'd never heard of bit always gotten good service when I had to file claims. Currently with Encompass for a few years and they've been great and reasonably priced. 

wae
wae PowerDork
1/12/22 3:23 p.m.

I know the certificate is expired.  It's okay.  Just let me connect so I can upload the new one.  Please stop trying to protect me from myself.

There is an inordinate amount of money that I would be willing to pay for a browser that came with a button to engage Raikkonen mode.

Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing.

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/12/22 10:04 p.m.

Came home to another power outage.

It's not like it's cold so it's really just a minor inconvenience but jfc, we've had at least 2 of these a year for the 4 years we've lived here (and 2 in the last month). I can't remember a single power outage in any of my previous 3 houses, and those were in places with real weather.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/12/22 10:45 p.m.

Well, I am definitely dealing with some E36 M3 I never expected to have to see in person, let alone deal with.

I'm only tangentially affected, and it isn't personal to me, but it's sure put me in a weird place.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/22 10:34 a.m.
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) said:

I can't remember a single power outage in any of my previous 3 houses, and those were in places with real weather.

Is there a lot of new development going on? Are you in an older neighborhood?

I turn 41 in 4 months. I've noticed my near vision is getting worse. My GF wears readers so I was trying them out when I was visiting her. What a difference! I immediately ordered 5 pairs when I got home.

TL;DR: I'm at that age where I have to wear reading glasses now sad

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/13/22 10:47 a.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

Does everything hurt for no berking reason? Wait, it will.

In reply to Appleseed :

Yep. My back randomly hurts (slept wrong?) and I have osteoarthritis in my right knee (thanks E36 M3ty military medicine) that hurts all the time.

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/13/22 10:55 a.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) said:

I can't remember a single power outage in any of my previous 3 houses, and those were in places with real weather.

Is there a lot of new development going on? Are you in an older neighborhood?

Yeah, the neighborhood is all WW2 boom town or older, so I imagine all of this infrastructure is roughly that old since PGE is hardly known for being proactive. Very little new development, probably just stuff wearing out.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/13/22 11:31 a.m.

The collision shop got far enough into the repair on the X3 to determine they need one more part from BMW.  Given arrival time for the part is no more specific than "within two weeks."

No shade on the shop,  but it's more time to spend with the rental Versa frown

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/13/22 12:52 p.m.

Got a message from one of my employees. "Do you have time right now? Can we talk?" I thought something was really wrong. Her concern was that we we move in three months she wants to sit next to her friends because "we have activities that we do together". Really? What the berkeley! If you were a star employee I might consider it. 

CAinCA
1/13/22 12:57 p.m.

Searching for HDPE tires for the GTi is turning into a serious PITA. Every time I find something I want it's either out of stock or I find a review that says that it probably isn't what I'm looking for.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/22 1:03 p.m.

In reply to CAinCA :

Um, does it really matter that much?  You're not supposed to be pushing that hard at HPDE, just get something reasonable and run them.

I just don't understand this need to have the latest and greatest widget for track days.  If you're pushing hard enough to notice, you're driving too hard and should try some actual competition events.

Sorry, that turned into my rant there.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/13/22 1:31 p.m.

Dear solar panel companies.

I understand things.

If you try to sell me your solar panels by claiming that I rent my electricity, you and I are done. This was the peak of our relationship. Goodbye.

CAinCA
1/13/22 3:20 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

Probably not, but I'm a bit OCD and get analysis paralysis on a regular basis.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/13/22 3:57 p.m.

12 of 15 people in my wife's department are out with Covid. For a company of almost 1200 people they have 3 people, one is her as the administration side, her boss and one dude to run around and fix things. 

Both of us were tested both clean still, she still works from home. Just moved couple million dollars worth of old gear into storage at my site because we are light on people as well as we have replacement stuff coming in. Its scary how light the freeways are in SoCal. 

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/13/22 4:34 p.m.

"If it doesn't affect me personally, directly, this second, in a way I can identify without mulling it over, then it must not be important."

Sigh.

barefootskater5000
barefootskater5000 PowerDork
1/13/22 9:58 p.m.

The good news is it's not rona. But the family asthma has apparently finally caught up with me. Hooray. 

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/14/22 12:06 a.m.

Tried using sketchup for the first time. Wanted to punch myself in the balls. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/14/22 7:08 a.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic :

What are your issues?  I've used SketchUp for 20 years. I've got tons of pro tips.

wae
wae PowerDork
1/14/22 7:48 a.m.

I didn't do anything that I can think of that would have caused this injury, but when I woke up this morning my big toe is in absolute agony.  Like, I can barely walk down the stairs it hurts so bad.  Wtf is that about?

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/14/22 7:52 a.m.
wae said:

I didn't do anything that I can think of that would have caused this injury, but when I woke up this morning my big toe is in absolute agony.  Like, I can barely walk down the stairs it hurts so bad.  Wtf is that about?

Gout?

1 ... 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SHNUi2RX0hfeLGX96HgOLZUsS4XvAJhjudDeUZK9XSQ3LHitadHXWs8gZAqLIXbL