1 ... 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 ... 1927
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/19/22 1:00 p.m.

Preemptively ranting that, yet again, I'm an idiot.

Arbys has a new sandwich, Diablo fire bullE36 M3 sandwich, comes with a kids shake because it's supposedly so hot.

Well I got one. First bite was rough, hard initial heat, then quick fade. Tastes like Frank's Red Hot and Tabasco had a baby, but Tabasco was a drunk during the pregnancy. 

I can already feel it burning through my stomach lining and I haven't finished my post meal cigarette yet. This is gonna suck. 

Why the hell is the milkshake gritty?

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/19/22 1:54 p.m.
Rodan said:

Right after I posted that, I let the dog out to pee.  Apparently there was a skunk in the yard.  Wife and I were up until 2am washing the dog.  Ugh. 

Ugh. We had that happen about 5-6 years ago- did NOT make for a fun week, especially with The Dancer's insanely sensitive nose. If we catch anything resembling a whiff of skunk smell when we open the door to let him out now we will get the harness and take him out on that rather than risk it.

Ashyukun (Robert)
1/19/22 1:56 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

I'm routinely disappointed by products that claim to be 'Diablo' or 'Fire' or anything that sounds like it should have some really good heat. About the only place I don't expect to be disappointed when they say something is going to be 'hot' or 'spicy' is at an Indian restaurant- there I stick to either 'American Hot' or 'Medium-Hot' on their own scale.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
1/19/22 2:06 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Arby's 'buffalo' anything sucks pretty bad too.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
1/19/22 2:09 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

This stuff is the E36 M3 when it comes to skunkified dogs:

Nature's Miracle Odor Remover

Soak the dog with it, wait a few minutes and then shampoo out.  Not a whiff of skunk on the dog today.  I was just lucky I still had a bottle in the garage that we bought probably 10 years ago!

Ashyukun (Robert)
1/19/22 2:17 p.m.
Rodan said:

In reply to RevRico :

There are only a few places that I will concede their calling a chicken sandwich 'spicy'- and even fewer that I'll actually eat at. Popeye's is about the only place I will still eat at that their spicy chicken sandwich (and spicy chicken in general) reasonably lives up to the name. Probably because most places make something 'spicy' by putting some kind of sauce on it vs. them actually having heat in the breading & chicken itself.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/19/22 2:29 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:
Rodan said:

In reply to RevRico :

There are only a few places that I will concede their calling a chicken sandwich 'spicy'- and even fewer that I'll actually eat at. Popeye's is about the only place I will still eat at that their spicy chicken sandwich (and spicy chicken in general) reasonably lives up to the name. Probably because most places make something 'spicy' by putting some kind of sauce on it vs. them actually having heat in the breading & chicken itself.

Chick fil'A does pretty good, too. Spicy breading and chicken, pepper Jack cheese. 

Rant: I miss BK's Angry Whopper. That was a spicy burger.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/19/22 4:54 p.m.

I had a signed title for the BMW and a bill of sale for the trailer two months ago, but a bunch of things kept me from going to the DMV.

Who knows what happened to them in the two months since I got them, because I sure don't.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/19/22 4:59 p.m.

In reply to Recon1342 :

Sams club, of all places, has a really good spicy chicken, they're just frozen. Sandwiches and patties.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
1/19/22 7:27 p.m.

Amazing how the kids go from "I'm not hungry" when dinner is hot on the table, to "I'm starving and need to make something to eat!" once I tell them it is time for after dinner chores.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/19/22 7:57 p.m.

Just got the yearly renewal on my little 10' bass raider boat in.  Somehow it's labeled a a 122' vessel and they want $350 to renew it.  Guess I'm going to the tax collectors office. 

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/19/22 11:59 p.m.

Having doctors take your complaint seriously is more frightening than having doctors disregard your complaint.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/20/22 8:03 a.m.
Nick Comstock said:

Just got the yearly renewal on my little 10' bass raider boat in.  Somehow it's labeled a a 122' vessel and they want $350 to renew it.  Guess I'm going to the tax collectors office. 

On the flip side, when you do get that massive yacht, taxes apparently won't be a problem.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/20/22 8:52 a.m.
RevRico said:

Preemptively ranting that, yet again, I'm an idiot.

Arbys has a new sandwich, Diablo fire bullE36 M3 sandwich, comes with a kids shake because it's supposedly so hot.

Well I got one. First bite was rough, hard initial heat, then quick fade. Tastes like Frank's Red Hot and Tabasco had a baby, but Tabasco was a drunk during the pregnancy. 

I can already feel it burning through my stomach lining and I haven't finished my post meal cigarette yet. This is gonna suck. 

Why the hell is the milkshake gritty?

I really want to eat that, because a spicy food dare is something I can't resist. I've only ever had one actually affect me, the paqui chip made me puke- I think it's because I ate it on an empty stomach. 

I ate a burger at this place called rocking brews that was labeled "the poison burger". It was Alice Cooper themed. To my great disappointment, there was no actual poison in it. Fair enough, I suppose Alice doesn't get killed on stage for real. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/20/22 9:17 a.m.
Nick Comstock said:

122" =\= 122'

Somebody got their units mixed up...

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/20/22 9:20 a.m.
slefain said:

Amazing how the kids go from "I'm not hungry" when dinner is hot on the table, to "I'm starving and need to make something to eat!" once I tell them it is time for after dinner chores.

Kids actually have two stomachs. 

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/20/22 9:23 a.m.

I am working from home, my wife is teaching from home and my kid is at home because day care is shut. Today is going to be a clusterberkeley. 

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/20/22 9:46 a.m.
93EXCivic said:

I am working from home, my wife is teaching from home and my kid is at home because day care is shut. Today is going to be a clusterberkeley. 

My wife is an elementary school music teacher.  Last year she taught from home in the room next to my home office.  Most of the time it wasn't a problem but I  once was pulled into a call at the last moment with some Army and Navy brass to answer a question. Me:" Sure, I can help with that and, as a bonus, if anyone is struggling with the concept of up and down there will be a song in the background to help you with that"

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
1/20/22 9:57 a.m.
Duke said:
Nick Comstock said:

On the flip side, when you do get that massive yacht, taxes apparently won't be a problem.

Yeah,  really not bad for a large boat.  But the 12' motorized kayak was only like $25 so this is eye opening. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/20/22 10:16 a.m.
93EXCivic said:

I am working from my parents house today for that reason. I can hear my mom (aka Grandma) giving my kid some cookies for breakfast. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/22 10:59 a.m.

COVID day 4. 

Meh. Sinuses still a little stopped up but I'm pretty much over it. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give this a 3. Happily it didn't kill me like it does some fat people. 

It did provide the most peaceful staycation I've ever had because I didn't feel the need to accomplish anything. I worked a little, slept, read, and watched a few movies. I might need to stay out here through the weekend just incase. 

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
1/20/22 4:10 p.m.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/american-airlines-flight-turns-around-mask-dispute/index.html?fbclid=IwAR3oZclg0Jk5jw8zg7a2LwhJc-rIlE77bXKSR1MH9-eKIlARbK6pEg85t1U

I think the solution for asshats who cause this sort of problem is for every single individual passenger aboard needs to sue Mr. Nomask for their lost day and inconvenience.  None will be terrible but 139 individual lawsuits should bankrupt him and serve as a warning to other chuckleberkeleys in the future.

And tying a spit-bag over his head should absolutely have been done instead of turning the plane around.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/20/22 6:36 p.m.

DW is probably going to get passed over for a well-deserved promotion, because 2 separate managers (2 years in a row) have been too berkwitted to file her employee performance reviews on time. This means she gets the default 3/5 rating across the board, instead of the nearly exemplary performance and handling extra work well beyond her job description.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/20/22 6:39 p.m.
mtn said:

I can hear my mom (aka Grandma) giving my kid some cookies for breakfast. 

My friends 85 year old mom would only eat cookies for most meals.  They gave up the fight and figured she was at least eating "something".

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/20/22 6:46 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Yeah, my mother pretty much lived on cannolis and champagne for the last year of her life.

1 ... 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 ... 1927

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ko6xzPai7M0oFkDdFNQJjex7nZF72IKqkhVWr4ToM0D2h3cF7w25OnOdr9OMXPyW