1 ... 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 ... 1926
tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/23/22 7:43 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

Yes, the correlation is rather unfortunate on many different levels. 

No Time
No Time SuperDork
1/24/22 1:46 a.m.
No Time said:

5:45 on Friday and the house is feeling chilly, check the thermostat and it's 64 in the house and no heat or hot water.

Check the boiler and there's an error code for the blower speed. A little troubleshooting determines the elastic fan has failed a keeping blower from working.  

Blower assembly is probably not available until Tuesday. So no point in even paying the man for an emergency call on the weekend.  . 

Outside temp is going down to 5 tonight, fun...

The weekend just keeps getting better (after Covid last week):

- Portable heater ended up plugged into the same circuit as the washer and that killed the whole circuit. Several hours of troubleshooting narrowed it down to a bad neutral in the wall at the beginning of the leg. Luckily I was able to run a new feeder into a different point in the circuit bypassing the bad wire and disconnected and capped it at both ends. I can see I'm rewiring the house this spring. 

- 10:30pm Sunday night: and oldest son calls to say he hit a guardrail due to snowy conditions. He and his girlfriend are ok, the truck, not so much (headlight, bumper, fender). I'm glad no one got hurt, but he was shaken up enough he asked me to pick him up from his gf house (10 minutes from accident, 45 minutes from home). Snow tires were already scheduled to be put on the truck later this weekfrown

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/24/22 8:15 a.m.

To all the women waggling your wares across my FB tiktok ads:

You may or may not be attractive.

But no matter how attractive you are, I guarantee you're not as attractive as you think you are.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/24/22 9:05 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

They aren't trying to attract you. They are trying to impress other women. I've explained to SWMBO, when you are attractive, you will be in baggy sweatpants, a mini skirt,  or nothing at all to the right man. Or woman if that's your thing.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/24/22 9:36 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Regarding people on your screen; wife and I were watching Giada De Laurentiis cook some awesome looking pasta dish and I mentioned to put the scenario together that I'm really hungry, haven't eaten much.  

She shows up my door with a giant bowl of that steaming pasta or she shows up in lingerie.  Which one am I picking?  

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody MegaDork
1/24/22 10:32 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Either way, I'm still eating

slefain
slefain PowerDork
1/24/22 11:46 a.m.

If you stick your head in the sand to ignore a problem (while ignoring attempts to involve you), then don't' get pissed when things move on without you or your input. This train has a schedule and is moving forward.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/24/22 12:16 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Antihero (Forum Supporter) :

Pay attention rmto the bacta tank scene in episode 1. Hes not 100% healthy yet.

I get that, but even in scenes where hes supposed to be stronger he comes off as.....well..... A 60 year old fat guy that's never done any action movies.

I'm hoping it's just really good acting but I'm starting to think that it's the reality instead

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/24/22 2:10 p.m.

Just got a letter from the IRS telling me they have not received my 2020 tax return, and I have a credit on my account right now, so they need me to file my tax return and let them know what to do with the credit.  The credit is the exact amount of taxes I owed, and sent to them in a check...in my 2020 tax return.  So, they lost the return, but got the check?

This is going to be fun to sort out.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/22 2:49 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

My brother's pump went bad about 8 years ago. His house had two, one had already failed, and I have a similar pump. We bought a new one to replace one of his, then I repaired both of his bad ones. They both needed the same $7 part. We each have a good one on a shelf and have had no well problems. 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody MegaDork
1/24/22 4:26 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

I just got back from the TSC...

Is this a return, sir?

No, I'd like to exchange it for a new one.

I'm sorry?

I bought this pump here this morning. While installing it I realized it's used.

They exchanged it without issue. When I began to install it I thought I saw bits of Teflon tape in the threads, a little water in the housing, then realized when I pulled the cover to wire it for 120, it had already been wired for 120. Somebody must have installed it, then returned it for some reason. It would probably be fine, but if I'm paying that much for a pump it had better be a brand new one.

I'll take the old one to work and see if the apprentice can figure out what's wrong with it, and maybe fix it. It may be a bearing, but if it is I'd probably have to do the seal too, and being 20 years old already I wouldn't want to reinstall it. I will, however, use it as a utility pump around the farm.

We have a well and a cistern. When we moved in I put a valve in between the two systems. If there's a problem on one, I open the valve and it feeds both. So even with either pump out there was no rush

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/22 4:27 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to Duke :

Regarding people on your screen; wife and I were watching Giada De Laurentiis cook some awesome looking pasta dish and I mentioned to put the scenario together that I'm really hungry, haven't eaten much.  

She shows up my door with a giant bowl of that steaming pasta or she shows up in lingerie.  Which one am I picking?  

Is wearing linguine an option?

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody MegaDork
1/24/22 4:40 p.m.

Attitude.

I'm sure you've had a lot of interest in the car, but I also have the Internet and know that it's been on your lot for six months.

You don't know? Then let me speak to the guy I told you I spoke to Saturday, who apparently does have the answers to my questions.

Attitude.

That's the reason I hung up on you while you were speaking

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/24/22 4:42 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

Both of his had a crack in the nozzle. The o rings were all good and reuseable. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
1/24/22 4:53 p.m.

You Know There's a Million Fine-Lookin' Women in the World D NEW but They  Don't All Bring Ya Lasagna at Work Most of 'Em Just Cheat on Ya | Work Meme  on

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/24/22 5:51 p.m.

I started this blasted job in September.  I was told everyone was vaxxed.  I had to bring in my card.

Find out months later that two of the people I interact with the most are not vaxxed.  Now one of those people has been out sick since Wednesday.   She just tested positive today.

Between this E36 M3 and the drive, I'm not getting paid enough for this

Don49 (Forum Supporter)
Don49 (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/25/22 8:53 a.m.

Eastside,

I just got the same letter from the IRS saying they hadn't received my 2019 return, but had a credit in the amount of tax I paid. I think there is a real problem there.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/25/22 9:08 a.m.
Don49 (Forum Supporter) said:

Eastside,

I just got the same letter from the IRS saying they hadn't received my 2019 return, but had a credit in the amount of tax I paid. I think there is a real problem there.

Hmm, seeing that it's not just me, I have some opinions, but they'd break board rules if I expressed them.

Fortunately I keep copies of all of my tax return paperwork, but this is still annoying.

wae
wae PowerDork
1/25/22 9:57 a.m.

Oh, we're having this call again!  Allow me to paraphrase:

Them: "Are the new drives installed yet?"

Me: "No...  We need to put a new array there.  How much capacity is actually in use there?"

Them: "350 TiB"

Me: "No...  That's how much you have allocated.  With thin provisioning, we're using significantly less than that.  How much is in use"?

Them: "Well, there are 35 datastores that are 10 TiB each".

Me: "Right.  But we're not actually using all that space.  I need the output from VMware to tell me what's actually in use."

Them: "Oh.  Okay.  Well, is the new array ordered yet?"

Me: "Well, I need to know how much space is required"

Them: "350 TiB"

And I have gotten to do that two or three times a week for the last month.  What fun!

alphahotel
alphahotel GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/25/22 10:56 a.m.

In reply to Don49 (Forum Supporter) :

Me too, for 2020.  I assume you all sent paper returns, like me?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/25/22 11:10 a.m.

In reply to alphahotel :

Yup, with all the data breaches with the IRS and tax preparers, I've hit the point where I believed paper was more secure until they get their act together.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
1/25/22 11:11 a.m.

Trying to convince our city manager that ADA compliance is no joke anymore. Lately all the city info PDFs have been converted to images with zero machine legible text. Our city website is already a mess. I've warned them a few times about meeting videos without transcripts, nobody cares. Our local ADA advocate has already sued several area businesses, it is only a matter of time before they notice the city government issues.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/25/22 11:21 a.m.

In reply to slefain :

I'm sure that your state has an accessibility board as well.  You can maybe put a word in their ear.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/25/22 5:59 p.m.

C# is not so bad, its a pain but not terrible. 

The 6 hour meeting with a suppliers whose code takes hours to update 4 digits worth of SQL pushes that is painful. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/25/22 6:20 p.m.

You haven't heard of this super-fun COVID symptom. I went to the doc Friday morning because, for all outside clues, I had a UTI. The in-office culture was negative. The doc was pretty convinced that it was a UTI, so he gave me two scripts, one for a fun med which dyes your pee all sorts of interesting shades, and another for an antibiotic he said to fill if the culture which was sent out came back positive. Since Wednesday I had been peeing, or trying to, every few minutes other than sleep. Sunday I got chilled and started a very slight cough, and here comes a positive rapid at-home COVID test. I dug a bit deeper and apparently it's a very real and rare side effect. Hurray for me! I guess it's better than not breathing, but I would still really love to pee and then felt as if I had peed. It's been a week and it's really hard not to throw things at people.

1 ... 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
v522doOmTOPBR3oIebOjK3Ze94M5NFXmjrkSiecnP2aesFjgYNnhO12nEbLOSt9n