1 ... 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 ... 1929
Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/12/22 11:09 a.m.
wae said:

Plumbing.  Lord, how I hate doing plumbing.  Especially the drain-cleaning portion of it.

The night before Easter Sunday I happily paid the Rotodude $500 to come out and clean the drain line from my kitchen sink as far downstream as he could go.  It suddenly went from "occasionally a bit sluggish" to "berk you I quit" about 24 hours before I was supposed to have 20 guests in the house.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/12/22 12:13 p.m.

Dead tired and taking at least part of the day off.  My cat had a bad reaction to a new medication, so I spent pretty much the entire night up keeping an eye on her to make sure she'd be okay.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/22 12:28 p.m.

I went to bed at about 10 pm and slept all night. This morning I felt like I had gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson. I can not keep my eyes open. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/12/22 1:05 p.m.

Seriously, I understand the concept of libertarianism and civil disobedience and questioning authority and whatever else you want to call it.  I am a libertarian.

But if you're going to take that tack, it needs to be in pursuit of some better ideal, or else you're just a rebel without a cause.

Needling people just because it makes you feel... whatever it is you feel from it... is another name for being a dick.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/12/22 1:18 p.m.

I run Rotella T6 5W-40 in the Miata. I was getting together stuff to change the oil in it and, guess what the latest victim of the supply chain bullE36 M3 is? You guessed it: Rotella T6 5W-40.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/12/22 1:19 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

I've actually heard that T6 is starting to become available again.  That's normally what I run in the Manic Miata too, but last fall's oil change had to be something else, because supply chain.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/12/22 1:37 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

They didn't have any locally, so I guess I'm trying Castrol 5W-40 for a little bit. A related gripe about Rotella T6, everyone locally stopped carrying the 1 quart bottles a couple years back. So if you have something that takes 5 quarts, you had to buy 8 quarts. With the Millenia oil filter, my Miata takes just about 4 quarts, so then when I have to grab some to top it off due to leaks/burning, I have to buy a whole 4-quart jug. Really irritating.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/12/22 1:45 p.m.

I just spent as much on a plane ticket for Burbank-Santa Rosa-Burbank (~1K miles) as I used to for Los Angeles-Minneapolis-Los Angels (~4K miles).   

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish Reader
5/12/22 2:21 p.m.

I had a transmission rebuilt, and it came back two weeks earlier than expected, which is great.  If I don't start making progress faster, the truck will end up being put back together later than I originally expected.  For the life of me, I cannot get the input shaft and pilot bearing to make friends with each other, and this transmission is outrageously heavy.  Frustration is mounting.  Two nights in a row I've had to quit because I got tired and knew I was one bad choice away from getting hurt.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/12/22 2:33 p.m.

In reply to bigeyedfish :

If you're using one of those plastic clutch alignment tools, that's likely you're issue. When I put the 6-speed in my Miata, I used the provided clutch disc tool and spent three hours laying on the concrete wrestling to get the transmission in and it would not start in the pilot bearing. I had my 5-speed still, which was junk, so I torched the input shaft out of that and tried installing it and, even though the plastic alignment tool would fit, that input shaft missed the pilot bearing by a long shot. So I loosened up the pressure plate, used the input shaft to line it up, tightened the pressure plate and slammed the transmission home on the first try in under 5 minutes

therealpinto
therealpinto GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/12/22 3:02 p.m.

I hate trying to reach people on the phone. Nobody is never available when I have the time to call and they don´t reply to text messages or e-mails. If something is going to drive me away from organizing motorsport events, this is it. I am so close to being done. I can write all the documents, get the permits, make spreadsheets or whatever. Just don´t have me make all the phone calls. Please.

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish Reader
5/12/22 3:26 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

I had that thought, but I didn't remove the clutch and pressure plate since they are essentially brand new.  I guess it's possible they have been bumped around during removal and attempted reinstallation.  I'll give that some more attention tonight, and maybe I'll actually make some progress.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/22 11:29 p.m.

The rallycross at Hyperfest has been cancelled.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/13/22 1:10 a.m.

In reply to bigeyedfish :

That's a win. The only way I recognize to stop is when I'm bkeeding from tired mistakes.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/13/22 7:01 a.m.

I cannot find rustoleum tractor paint in Ford grey anywhere. Apparently its galacticly out of stock. And i need it for the stock car frame.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/13/22 9:15 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Can you ship that stuff? I can keep an I out around here if you want.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
5/13/22 9:43 a.m.

Allergies. I hate you.

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/13/22 10:19 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I cannot find rustoleum tractor paint in Ford grey anywhere. Apparently its galacticly out of stock. And i need it for the stock car frame.

Sounds like you need to buy a quart of white and a pint of black and roll your own...

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/13/22 10:36 a.m.
stafford1500 said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Sounds like you need to buy a quart of white and a pint of black and roll your own...

It's a smidge darker, but would Rustoleum Professional Light Machine Gray work?  It should also have some UV protection to it.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/13/22 10:38 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

It would. But i can't seem to find it either. Theres a few places online showing $50 cas of spray paint, but come on....

Goal is easy to touch up or id mix my own. 

And yes, should be shippable

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/13/22 11:00 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Wow, I need to start putting unused cans of spray paint up on ebay.  Just checked my local sources, and the only ford gray I could find is Majic brand in gallon cans at Tractor Supply.  No spray cans or quarts.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/13/22 11:52 a.m.

When my alarm went off this morning I was in the middle of a dream in which I was over tired and trying to fix a problem so I could go to bed and get some sleep.  I hate mornings....

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/13/22 3:05 p.m.

I have a cold and had a few Rusty Nails at the concert a few days ago.

Since then everything tastes and smells like Drambuie, literally everything

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
5/13/22 4:59 p.m.

Not really a *minor* rant at this point.  Cheapest diesel in our area.  And only a bit more than 1/2 tank...

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/13/22 5:45 p.m.

Holy E36 M3, was today "Be an shiny happy person day" and no one told me?

Lady at Publix, every client I was working with, the people handling our aluminum extrusions, the lady that cut me off at lunch (and then proceeded to yell at me about coming so close to her car,) the dude that tried to cut me and three other people off on the interstate, the people on the surface roads on the way to the house.

All of them were shiny happy people today.  I haven't been this glad a day was over in a while

1 ... 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 ... 1929

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oM6jpjOKeWayDb0GwTQVfuut8bfFXJiUsXzocGE6ejHARDFbE3uo4NoCArQTY0OJ