1 ... 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 ... 1925
barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
8/6/22 12:44 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

I'll know when I sell these ZBTs. Hoping I can swing a 16" K dark, but may have to settle for an A. Those are the only options I'm familiar enough with to buy online. Anything else I'd have to hear in person I think. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/6/22 4:41 a.m.

Yay, and a good two hours after the flight was supposed to leave, they first made it sound like it was canceled and then let us know that it's been postponed to 10am tomorrow. Hey, it's not like I have things I need to address this weekend.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
8/6/22 8:48 a.m.

This same Yaris keeps going around and around on copart and I won it this time- of course the seller is gonna send it around again instead of accepting my winning bid.  Just let me have a manual basic hatchback for $800 already!

BoxheadTim
8/6/22 10:56 a.m.

... and the flight is now delayed even further. At what point do I hop on the sfbay CL to see if I can turn this into a minor win?

Trent
Trent PowerDork
8/6/22 11:03 a.m.

So you have a Ferrari 400i and want to add a few things. Scotchlocks are not the answer people!

This engine bay is full of them! I don't even know what they are feeding.  Troubleshooting is gonna be a nightmare. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/6/22 11:09 a.m.
BoxheadTim said:

Yay, and a good two hours after the flight was supposed to leave, they first made it sound like it was canceled and then let us know that it's been postponed to 10am tomorrow. Hey, it's not like I have things I need to address this weekend.

This was me yesterday; got to ALB at 1:05 for a 2:00 flight that delayed to 3:20, arrived in Baltimore for my next flight that should leave at 5:05 - that delayed to 7:20. Drive in my driveway at 11:00 when I should have been home at 8:30. I did get to watch them load some boxes labeled "human remains" though.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
8/6/22 11:55 a.m.
chandler said:I did get to watch them load some boxes labeled "human remains" though.

So someone else was very "late" for the flight.

BoxheadTim
8/6/22 12:27 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
chandler said:I did get to watch them load some boxes labeled "human remains" though.

Yes, but did they care?

BoxheadTim
8/6/22 12:34 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

The annoying thing was more the communications. I purposely selected the one daily non-stop flight from SMF to IAD so I didn't get stuck somewhere less desirable because I missed a connection. As usual, the airline didn't tell us much, then told us at the gate that the flight was canceled, and shortly before an orderly riot ensued, told us that it was postponed to this morning only to send me another update in the middle of the night that it's delayed even further. That turned something that would've been inconvenient but manageable into something that's beginning to look like a problem with a 14-15h delay.

Alternatives are not that easily available because I tend to have to book seats closer to the front of the plane on domestic flights due to iffy knees and not being able to sit in Economy for a long flight if I wanted to properly walk at the other end, and all those seats in the class I paid for are sold out.

I get it, airlines have a love/hate relationship with the self loading cargo, but sometimes it helps to work on that communications thing to stop people from getting unnecessarily upset.  

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/6/22 12:36 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Ba-dumb-tish 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/6/22 3:13 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

In reply to Antihero :

I'll know when I sell these ZBTs. Hoping I can swing a 16" K dark, but may have to settle for an A. Those are the only options I'm familiar enough with to buy online. Anything else I'd have to hear in person I think. 

If you like K Darks there's probably a bunch of Turkish cymbals you'd like a lot, Diril's are great 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
8/6/22 4:26 p.m.

The last few months of wrenching have me thinking I'm either very unlucky, or very incompetent.  I'm leaning towards the latter.

wae
wae PowerDork
8/6/22 4:35 p.m.

Argh!  You've posted a for sale ad.  You put up pictures.  I found someone local who will bring you cash and then ship the thing to me.  All you need to do is give me a berkeleying price and arrange about 5 minutes to do the deal.  Motherberkeleyer why are you holding me hostage on this!?

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/6/22 4:47 p.m.

In reply to wae :

And when I contacted him, he was all worried that you needed to tell him I was on your side, not trying to snake it, then silence....

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
8/6/22 8:59 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

Usps shows today, 8/4, as expected delivery. I doubt it. Tracking says it's still in Seattle, and I'm in Utah. It is a minor rant, but still. 

After stalling in Seattle for two days, it moved to Denver. For two days. 45 minutes ago it hit SLC, which usually means one or two days more. Except weekend. We'll see. My impatience is killing me. At least I know where the kids get it. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/7/22 10:02 a.m.

Hey, what is the plan for the event you want me to work tomorrow?

"I'm gonna put beer in the walk-in tonight. Then we'll pick everything up before the event tomorrow morning."

Congratulations. You have technically answered my question without actually providing me any useful information.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/7/22 6:36 p.m.

Teenager "It's so hot, turn the AC colder please."

Me: is 85 outside, you're wearing a black sweat shirt and sweat pants, go berkeley yourself.

At what age is shaken baby syndrome no longer a problem? 14 good to maybe shake some sense into this moron?

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/8/22 6:50 p.m.

OK, a couple from my trip to see my grandmother for her 90th B-day down in DC:

1. I'm from NH, berkeley the urban sprawl from CT to DC. So many idiots in so little space.

2. berkeley the roads south of New England on the way there. We have damn frost heaves up here that tear the crap out of our roads, yet ours are infinitely smoother.

3. I don't know if it is the set up on the Golf's suspension, or the BC Racing coil overs, but my front end (and to a degree the rear) cannot take those nasty bumps and dips very well at all.

$. And mother berkeley the George Washington Bridge. Just berkeleying berkeley it.

6. berkeley the crowds at any of the attractions.

7. I am an idiot. I had not seen my grandmother in quite a few years. While she was happy to see me, I could see the hurt. I am an shiny happy person.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/8/22 7:39 p.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

3. I don't know if it is the set up on the Golf's suspension, or the BC Racing coil overs, but my front end (and to a degree the rear) cannot take those nasty bumps and dips very well at all.

Sorry, but that right there is funny.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
8/8/22 7:51 p.m.
chandler said:
BoxheadTim said:

This was me yesterday; got to ALB at 1:05 for a 2:00 flight that delayed to 3:20, arrived in Baltimore for my next flight that should leave at 5:05 - that delayed to 7:20. Drive in my driveway at 11:00 when I should have been home at 8:30. I did get to watch them load some boxes labeled "human remains" though.

Do you wonder if there flight was less money per corpse than yours??  ;0)

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
8/9/22 1:19 a.m.

Got in the Miat today to start it and it did a weird "click-click-click" at me while flashing the lights.   No crank, no start.

After a bit of diagnostics and contorting it appears that a previous owner (it's a 93, there have been a few) installed a Python anti-theft system back when Clinton was prez.   While I clipped away at the zip ties securing the innumerable boxes hiding under the dash I noticed the tiny toggle switch up under there as well.

Sonuva.....well at least now it starts.

It's going in next week to have all that berkeleyery uninstalled by a professional before it E36 M3scans itself one day and strands me in Timbucktoo.

And I'm guessing the switch was hit by my buddies kids who were playing in the garage today while we sorted out a generator issue.   Not mad at them but annoyed with myself.   

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
8/9/22 10:07 a.m.

Got into an accident last night. Thankfully no injuries and my airbags didn't even deploy, but it had to happen to the nice car just before school starts back up and I'm spooked to drive it since now the passenger door can't be opened. Whole front end and hood will have to be replaced.

Now I get to fight insurance and chase these screwheads while ALSO prepping for nursing school. Boy oh boy, if even ONE of them says they might total my car because it's over 180K they're gonna lose a limb.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/9/22 10:33 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

I have never, ever, heard an aftermarket alarm story that didn't involve completely berking up the victim's electrical system.  Good luck.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
8/9/22 10:38 a.m.
Duke said:

In reply to KyAllroad :

I have never, ever, heard an aftermarket alarm story that didn't involve completely berking up the victim's electrical system.  Good luck.

Before I bought my Subaru Baja (ugh), I went and looked at a Mazda3 sedan that was for sale for $1500. On top of the copious amounts of rust (the bottom 2" of the doors and decklid were completely nonexistent), I discovered it had had an aftermarket sound system, an aftermarket remote start and an aftermarket antitheft system, all of which had been removed before being put up for sale. That was an immediate "Oh berkeley no".

hunter47
hunter47 Reader
8/9/22 2:43 p.m.

What's up with Internet forums and giving unsolicited (and poorly informed) advice? Did I ask? I shared a picture of a crusty caliper dust boot. I did not ask "why did this happen". Yes I'm running track pads. Yes I have brake ducting. It doesn't matter whether or not I have ducting or track pads. EPDM rubber has a very low temperature rating. Even if I did ask "how do I keep my EPDM rubber dust boots that are rated to 300F from immolating when I run a track pad that can handle up 1800F",  "Buy an STI" is not an answer to that. If I had the money for an STI I'd be in an FK8 Type R. 

1 ... 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 ... 1925

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QqeULX2T72hqbH36BPcrsZ6R1fDVW5yNkRYQAufyUqe1WXyG8svH80QwoukfPPIr