1 ... 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 ... 1928
Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/18/22 10:34 p.m.

I suck at snare tuning, I know I'm not really a drummer but it still annoys me.

I'm screwing around with a hydraulic head for fun and the way it sounds best is when everything's totally wrong.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/18/22 10:46 p.m.

Ever have a day where everything you touch turns to E36 M3?

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
8/18/22 10:58 p.m.

I had hoped to get new steering installed in the boat for this weekend. Opened the box and what's inside? A disc brake kit for a gokart. Pretty neat kit but doesn't help me achieve my goals. 

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/19/22 10:09 a.m.

This rant will be a little different.  It is from my cat Maddie -

My human shut the bedroom door.  My life is in shambles.  Why, oh why, is the universe punishing me?!?!  I keep banging the door to no avail.  I grow weak and weary but will continue to fight this horrible injustice.  #nocloseddoorsforcats

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/19/22 10:16 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Only on days that end with "y"

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/19/22 5:28 p.m.

Probably exceeds the minor rant threshold, but got the radiology report from yesterday's CAT scan--

• Full thickness, retracted tear of subscapularis tendon
  • Perforating tear of anterior supraspinatus

Surgeon wants to talk to me Monday morning. 

Quick google consult says at least 4 weeks post-op in a sling before they even begin therapy. 

This is in a shoulder that already had a total joint replacement in February 2021. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
8/19/22 5:29 p.m.
RevRico said:
Appleseed said:

Only on days that end with "y"

Came to post this. Ive began to call this phenomenon "life".  

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
8/19/22 9:09 p.m.

I have somehow developed a skin reaction to oil and grease after 63 years. Nice.

This was my life.

Hope I don't become allergic to air next.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/22 9:10 p.m.

"Down Periscope" is no longer free to watch on YouTube.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/19/22 9:16 p.m.

I wonder if I actually died years ago, and this is Hell?

Antihero
8/19/22 9:50 p.m.
fasted58 said:

I have somehow developed a skin reaction to oil and grease after 63 years. Nice.

This was my life.

Hope I don't become allergic to air next.

I'm allergic to sunlight.

Intellectually I wanna know how such a thing is possible for a being that evolved on Earth 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/19/22 9:52 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Nothing new.  How long have vampires been around?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/22 1:23 p.m.

I didn't realise that "it doesn't even have a check engine light on" qualifies a vehicle as a $5k car these days.

Guess that's what I get for shopping (well, sifting through) the dregs of FB Marketplace.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
8/20/22 9:51 p.m.

After years of hearing car guys put Two-Lane Blacktop on a pedestal, I watched it tonight for the first time, and I really don't get what all the fuss is about. Sure, the '55 is pretty nasty and there are a couple cool race scenes, but every other part of it is just awful. It's only slightly better than American Graffiti in that you actually got to see some racing and not spend the entire waiting for the big race just to have one car crash out immediately.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
8/20/22 9:58 p.m.

Two Lane Blacktop is the Easy Rider of car movies, in that they are both ridiculous stream of consciousness drivel.

American Graffiti is a good movie that has some stuff in it about cars.

Antihero
8/20/22 10:15 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to Antihero :

Nothing new.  How long have vampires been around?

I see what you did there and I approve.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/21/22 11:36 p.m.

So wait, the problem isn't that I was out drinking till 4 in the morning, it's that I snuck in the house and slept on the couch so I wouldn't wake you up? 

Married life is weird. 

I finally decided to call the dealership that I have my Bronco order through since neither the sales manager or sales critter were returning my emails.

The helpful salesman told me that neither of them work there anymore.

Cool. That would explain why I couldn't get a reply through email.

I have an ominous feeling that there is about to be some serious berkeleyery with my order frown

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/22/22 10:18 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Reminds me of a story from my former boss about our company's shop/assembly line. He had put in a whole lot of time and work figuring out which fasteners on a panel could be rivets and which needed to be the much more capable but much more expensive HiLok fasteners so that as few HiLoks were used but the connection wouldn't fail since even though they're not that expensive, hundreds/thousands of fasteners across hundreds of aircraft adds up.

One day he goes down to check some measurements on something and walks past one of the newly-assembled panels and stops short when he sees that all of the fasteners are HiLoks and no rivets were used. When he asked the manufacturing engineer about it, he just shrugged and said, "The mechanics just installed all HiLoks since it's easier than having to keep checking the drawing to see which is called out as a rivet and which is a HiLok and they know the HiLoks are strong enough." So my boss had spend likely hundreds of hours of analysis to save the company money, and the mechanics just ignored it to save themselves a bit of time (initially).

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/22/22 11:11 a.m.
RevRico said:

So wait, the problem isn't that I was out drinking till 4 in the morning, it's that I snuck in the house and slept on the couch so I wouldn't wake you up? 

Married life is weird. 

Women are weird about sharing beds sometimes. If you don't share the bed, regardless of the reason, it's the end of the world. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/22/22 11:12 a.m.

Speaking of beds, my rant. In my 20s I could be out drinking til the aforementioned 4am, fall asleep on top of my vacuum cleaner, and be ready to rip at 7am. 

Now, I got to bed at 10pm, in my own bed, and wake up with a somehow dislocated rib or something and I can't breathe right. I don't like this. 

wae
wae PowerDork
8/22/22 11:21 a.m.
Mndsm said:
RevRico said:

Married life is weird. 

Women are weird about sharing beds sometimes. If you don't share the bed, regardless of the reason, it's the end of the world. 

Truth.  If I'm not here, all my wife does is complain that she can't sleep without me.  When she's gone, I get the best sleep of my life because nobody's elbowing me, pushing me off the bed, stealing the blankets, or otherwise waking me up all night.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/22/22 12:00 p.m.
wae said:
Mndsm said:
RevRico said:

Married life is weird. 

Truth.  If I'm not here, all my wife does is complain that she can't sleep without me.  When she's gone, I get the best sleep of my life because nobody's elbowing me, pushing me off the bed, stealing the blankets, or otherwise waking me up all night.

I laugh that my wife never wanted us to get a king size bed. Now when we sleep on a queen if we're visiting people, we don't know how we ever slept on anything but a king. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/22/22 12:50 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I've been trying to convince The Dancer that we should get a king-sized bed for a while, since with 2 adults and a 80-lb dog on a queen bed it can get pretty cramped- especially if The Dog decides he wants to spread out or sleep futher towards the head of the bed where he interferes with where my arms need to be, but I've not had any success yet. Part of the problem is that when we sleep on a king bed (her Mom has one that we sleep on over Christmas) she doesn't really notice the additional space because The Dog tends to sleep pressed up against her and she's up against the edge of the bed. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/22/22 12:55 p.m.

I'm almost 60 years old I'm looking forward to my own bedroom.  

You know, she snores a lot. 

1 ... 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 ... 1928

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VjxkvVq4YRxuReVZcvI5CpAcAs1wX5QxfrYvAbo2nWV2vNFsLOq2iK4PU0pMGvqC