1 ... 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 ... 1682
Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
9/27/22 1:41 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

In reply to RevRico :

Our Lowes has both Christmas & Halloween stuff set up on either side of the aisle at the front of the store... it looks like two rival gangs of giant inflatable things about to rumble...

This needs more pictures.

Not the best picture unfortunately, but I just took a quick one to gripe to The Dancer about it.

wae
wae PowerDork
9/27/22 1:46 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

I'm seriously getting some Tim Burton vibes there

While getting the house prepped for Ian to visit, I heard small gas engines outside. I thought that the subdivision maintenance guys were trimming the trees of dead branches in preparation for the storm.

Nope. Gotta make sure the subdivision looks nice for Ian cool.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/27/22 9:18 p.m.

Doing the math on what I owe, and the fact that week after sent the appeal, SWMBO was laid off, I am in serious trouble.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/28/22 8:52 a.m.

I'd like to meet the motherberkeleyer that applies Loc-Tite at the GM factory (yes, I'm aware it's probably a robot). Anything that they Loc-Tite from the factory they go way overboard on. Case in point, I just went to remove a carrier bearing bolt on a brand-new Equinox driveshaft and the bolt made two turns and then snapped right off because it has that much on it. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/28/22 9:15 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Doing the math on what I owe, and the fact that week after sent the appeal, SWMBO was laid off, I am in serious trouble.

Can you get the DOL on the phone and work out a repayment plan?

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
9/28/22 9:24 a.m.

Ugh. Why does everything have to happen at once? I'm berkeleying tapped out from this past week.

Septic tank lids, civic exhaust, Canyonero brake lines, berkeleying toilet, dishwasher, thing 1 demonic period, thing 2 sick, wife sick, and this morning pellet stove clogged and not working.

Can everything just berkeley off for a few days?

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
9/28/22 12:45 p.m.

There is a Billy Joel concert in Atlanta in November. LIONEL RICHIE is also performing, along with a bunch of people I don't care about at all.

I'm picking out tickets, they are expensive, but I don't care. Billy and Lionel are both 73, this isn't happening for long. I won't get many more chances. I text tunawife:

TUNAWIFE

tunawife

tunawife...

TUNAWIFE!!!

BILLY JOEL IN ATLANTA IN NOVEMBER

LIONEL RICHIE

BILLY JOEL AND LIONEL RICHIE

TUNAWIFE!!!

She totally doesn't care. I've never gone to a concert by myself before.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/28/22 12:53 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

No, it's to get one more invoice to the customer.  

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
9/28/22 1:32 p.m.

I'm an introvert, work from home and rarely interact with people in public. My wife is an extrovert, works in an office and talks to just about everyone she sees in public.

We have no kids but I swear to the spaghetti monster that she brings home more germs than a dozen crumb grabbers would. And even though she feels sick, she still wants to be all touchy feely and snugly with me.  So now I'm sick because of her and she has the audacity to say that it's not her fault. Wtf?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/28/22 2:12 p.m.
Duke said:
Appleseed said:

Can you get the DOL on the phone and work out a repayment plan?

I can. Its It's still going to be tough nuts for a while. Still maintaining positive vibes. I think I was just overwhelmed when I posted.

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 Reader
9/28/22 2:24 p.m.

New clutch and flywheel from rockauto delivered today. The clutch is fine. The flywheel box was beat to hell and the flywheel included wasn't the correct one. Wasn't even a dual mass flywheel. 

Hopefully the return/replacement doesn't give me any issues. Rockauto says there's only one more in stock..

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
9/28/22 3:05 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

I'd go with you were closer. Still kicking myself for giving away my tickets for Rush R40. Missed EVH. Missed Chris Cornell. Friggin Billy Joel? Can't miss that. 

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
9/28/22 4:49 p.m.

I hate it when the cashier at the pick-n-pull register knows what they're looking at. Not that I'm trying to steal, mind you, just that my idea of "engine with accessories" is not the same as theirs.

If it is driven by the accessory belt, it's an accessory.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/28/22 7:47 p.m.

Not really a rant.  Just an appraisal of a situation, and its likely end.

My oldest brother is soon 83.  Smoked from 12 to about 70.  COPD.  Got pneumonia a month or so ago, took a while to realize, because his breathing is terrible at the best of times.  Figured it out, got him mobile, sent him home.  With covid.  Now he's back in the hospital, with covid and pneumonia, but is reacting well to antibiotics.  I always said, if Foster gets covid, he's dead...

My sister in law has covid now, as well.

I'm the youngest of four, at 62.  I know I'm likely to be the second last to die, since I have a sister 3 years older than me and she has ( or had, at least) heart protecting estrogen.  I'd buried half a dozen close relatives by age 13, including my father, so I probably know as well as anyone that life is inevitably followed by death.  The thing that pisses me off, is I really shouldn't go have a sit down with them, possibly for my protection, but more because I spend quite a bit of time with my 5 year old grandson, and we all know what little carriers of pestilence and death they are.

Dad died at 56, so we Barnsley males tend to base decisions around that number.  Mom made it to 96, so maybe that would be a factor, but Foster never expected to live to 83.  That was a ridiculous idea...

Pointless story, but its also part of what I like about this board.  Somebody will understand.

eastpark
eastpark HalfDork
9/28/22 8:04 p.m.

Yeah, I understand. I'm the youngest of 7 and I'll be 60 next year. My mum (the youngest of 11) once told me: "Never be the youngest, you'll see all of your siblings pass away." Her last sister passed a few years ago. So far our family has been good, health wise - but it's a matter of time. 

wae
wae PowerDork
9/29/22 9:34 a.m.

I turned the corner to go up the stairs from the basement this morning and something went *snap* in my back.  It's gonna be a painful day today.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
9/29/22 11:12 a.m.

In reply to wae :

It's always the dumb stuff... stepping out of the shower, turning a corner, etc.  I feel your pain.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/29/22 12:21 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

What it is, is the last straw. You beat up your back for a while and it ate it without pain or protest. Picking up that pencil was finally enough to get it to break.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
9/29/22 1:34 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

In my case it was a heavy fall on ice while working about 20 years ago.  Pick up the wrong pencil today and I'm out for 24-48hrs.  cheeky

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
9/29/22 1:55 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Rodan :

What it is, is the last straw. You beat up your back for a while and it ate it without pain or protest. Picking up that pencil was finally enough to get it to break.

Yup.  Between a childhood of playing on the floor with legos, and my teenage propensity to jump down several stairs at a time, my knees are pretty much shot.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) PowerDork
9/29/22 2:22 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

For me it was a fall when skiing about 15 years ago or so that did the initial damage to my shoulders- and then practicing Kendo for 5 years or so pretty much did them in. Now if I spend more than a few minutes with my arms up over my head (say, taping and painting on the ceiling...) they're going to complain for the next few days.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/22 2:36 p.m.
tuna55 said:

She totally doesn't care. I've never gone to a concert by myself before.

buy two tickets.  take a hooker.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/22 2:40 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

your brother's name is Foster Barnsley?  you know that motherberkeleyer's got some Grey Poupon!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/22 3:07 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
Appleseed said:

In reply to Rodan :

Yup.  Between a childhood of playing on the floor with legos, and my teenage propensity to jump down several stairs at a time, my knees are pretty much shot.

Used to do whole flights.

If you grab the handrail on the inside and swing yourself around to the next flight, you need not touch the ground.

1 ... 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 ... 1682
Our Preferred Partners
TDdp7JKpTf9EqAWPFEZukEoY3AwnWfHZihfXVGSgUvfx8QCZ006wBqv8IAmTcyWZ