1 ... 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 ... 1926
Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/3/22 10:36 a.m.
Beer Baron said:

In reply to RevRico :

Reddit is a cesspool.

I follow a couple of subreddits that are actually relatively positive. They're also ultraspecialized. Two are for a lesser known role-playing game system, and one is just for tracking online sales of vinyl albums and includes no discussion.

I've been trying to use it a bit because theoretically there is info there that I don't have on various topics.

However, the app sucks and it's needlessly not streamlined so I hate the moments I spend on there.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
10/3/22 11:07 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

I got rid of the app. It is obnoxiously intrusive hot garbage.

I just log in on computer, which is more than enough exposure to reddit to not have it literally in my pocket.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
10/3/22 11:08 a.m.

Cats cornered a mouse yesterday.

...and now my Dr. wants me to go to an ER to get tetanus and rabies shots. Yay.

Thank goodness I have money, a car, and a very flexible work schedule.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/3/22 11:44 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

There is more to the story, between the first sentence and the second.  One does not lead naturally to the second...

spitfirebill said:
grover said:

Out of the hospital = awesome. 
Insomnia because of Prednisone =/= awesome. 

not sleeping sucks. I've gotta figure this out. 

Years ago my gastro prescribed me hydroxyzine for chronic itching.  I had been questioning him if one of the meds could be causing me to itch.  So he writes me another script!! At least it works for itching.  It is also prescribed for anxiety.  One side effect is it makes me sleepy as the dickens.  Try it, you'll like it.  

My VA doc prescribed me hydroxyzine for my anxiety. It's like a weapons grade antihistamine. The bottle has a bunch of warnings about causing drowsiness. Definitely heed the warnings. The first time I took the prescribed dosage, I ended up buying a berkeleying streetlight on ebay. I did not remember buying it the next day. But I did sleep AMAZING that night. Can't have anxiety if you are unconscious lol

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
10/3/22 12:37 p.m.

Lumber prices. I know, old news, but still. All I need is a 4x8 of 1/2 birch. I used to buy that sheet for $34, now it's $90. 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
10/3/22 12:39 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

There is more to the story, between the first sentence and the second.  One does not lead naturally to the second...

Mouse bit me on my finger trying to get it into a glass so I could throw it outside.

Teeny tiny little mouse bite. Didn't really concern me. Just messaged my Dr saying, "Hey, I was bit by a mouse. I'm not really concerned, but you can tell me if I should be." So I get two calls from the Dr's office saying "OMG! You need tetanus and rabies shots! You need to go to the ER!" Apparently the rapid care does tetanus, but *not* rabies.

And I went the ER, and they said mice don't transmit rabies and I'm current on my tetanus. So they wrote a prescription for a basic antibiotic because bites commonly get minor infections.

$750.

I'm pissed at my Dr's office.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/3/22 1:48 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

All could have been avoided by letting your cats have a delicious snack...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/3/22 1:51 p.m.

Lately I've become fairly laid back. An pure ego screaming toddler teaches you patience.

SWMBO,  on the other hand, has not. Her tactic of stubborn polite bullying WILL-NOT-WORK on this kid. Switch tactics, or ignore him. Yelling rarely ,  if ever works. I can't believe she hasn't recognized it.

The PMS-like attitude rears its ugly head so much that I finally said to her, "You are angry as berkeley. What is going on?"

I'm a patient man. You won't like the man who shows up where my patience ends.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
10/3/22 1:54 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

All could have been avoided by letting your cats have a delicious snack...

Yeah. Really expensive way to learn a not very important lesson.

They're not great at killing the mice they catch. They like to just toy with them. This time, they were at a standoff, with the mouse treeing itself in the bedroom blinds.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/3/22 2:10 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

I learned something new today. 

According to the CDC: Small rodents (like squirrels, hamsters, guinea pigs, gerbils, chipmunks, rats, and mice) and lagomorphs (including rabbits and hares) are almost never found to be infected with rabies and have not been known to transmit rabies to humans.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/3/22 2:24 p.m.
Toyman! said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

According to the CDC: Small rodents (like squirrels, hamsters, guinea pigs, gerbils, chipmunks, rats, and mice) and lagomorphs (including rabbits and hares) are almost never found to be infected with rabies and have not been known to transmit rabies to humans.

Don't go read about hantavirus, though.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/3/22 6:17 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

If she ever needs to go back- earplugs are one my must haves, also my acorn leather bottom wool socks. It's the little things that make it bearable 

grover
10/3/22 6:19 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

Thanks! 

grover
10/3/22 6:21 p.m.

Rabies is basically a death sentence once it's in you though- might as well be careful. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/3/22 8:37 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

Lumber prices. I know, old news, but still. All I need is a 4x8 of 1/2 birch. I used to buy that sheet for $34, now it's $90. 

Although it sucks......that's actually a much better price than a couple months ago sadly.

At one point last year I went to my local lumber yard and wanted 8 2x6x8ft. The bill was $340. I did not build that set of steps that day 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/4/22 12:13 a.m.

Had to fill out the college financial aid application for my daughter tonight. I had to log in about 5 times. You don't just use your username and password, you have to enter the child's name, birthdate and SSN each time. I also had to log in to the IRS website at least twice. It was a complete waste of at least an hour. There's NFW she will qualify for any aid. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/4/22 12:37 a.m.

So I did a neat backroad blat the other day. Was driving my friend's Lotus 7 replica. There were about 7 other cars in our group, and they were all in pretty formidable machinery: C8 Vette, M2, Z4, Stinger and such. They also pushed it hard. While we kept up, the heavier cars were clearly more settled so that keeping up a fairly breakneck pace just wasn't that hard for them. 

Now I've taken a certain amount of pride in building cars that can run with the big boys for a fraction of their prices, but at the end of the day I was physically sore and I just couldn't get the image out of my mind that they were probably listening to their favorite tunes in comfort while my friend and I were wrestling with our surly beast.

You know, having money might not be such a bad thing after all.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/4/22 8:02 a.m.

Dental work. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/4/22 9:23 a.m.
Toyman! said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

It's also nearly impossible for possums to get rabies as well. Something to do with their low body temperatures.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
10/4/22 9:39 a.m.
NickD said:
Toyman! said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

It's also nearly impossible for possums to get rabies as well. Something to do with their low body temperatures.

Minor rant - used to have possums in my backyard occasionally.  They disappeared years ago.  Since they eat ticks, I'd like them to come back around.

wae
wae PowerDork
10/4/22 9:49 a.m.

I'm in a meeting with this guy..  he's super smart and really knows his E36 M3.  But most of his sentences just trail off into silence.  Sometimes after a couple seconds, he continues.  Sometimes he starts a whole new sentence.  It's so damned frustrating....

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
10/4/22 10:07 a.m.

In reply to wae :

I had a calculus prof in college like that.  The pass rate in his classes was not high...

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
10/4/22 3:25 p.m.

Lunch break at the dmv.  Sounds like a punk song. 

Error404
Error404 HalfDork
10/4/22 3:42 p.m.

<Redacted>

1 ... 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vJVuxEdkRgWaIVVrpqMxhFSMxxXsASQjDaeDotoqgHzNIJo17L1g5lDXqNCdrIdu