1 ... 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 ... 1926
Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/30/22 8:21 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

Flu - feel like E36 M3.  Can only eat a few grapes.   Did Covid test - no Covid. 

Fricking 'eh. 

I was just there, you have my condolences 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/30/22 8:26 p.m.
Duke said:

I just spent an hour chasing a 1/16" error around a computer model of a building I'm designing.

No one but me would ever have noticed it, or cared if they did.

That's because you have integrity.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/30/22 8:37 p.m.

At the happiest place on earth (Wal-Marx) getting a gift card for Mom. The cashier is new and struggling with setting up the gift card. I'm joking with her, letting her know I'm not in a hurry, take it easy, I've battled in the retail trenches, so I understand. A "lady" comes up behind me and quickly puts her stuff on the belt. She is very antsy.

The cashier is still struggling with the card. Lady, clearly agitated,  speaks up. "Can you just void him out. I just have a few things." I was stunned. I look at the cashier,  and she say, no.

Ughhh... fine. And she sloggs off to a different register.

"Wow," I say. "The balls on her! I should have told her to berkeley off." The cashier smiles understanding. "No. No, ma'am. Not far enough. Keep berkeleying off, all the way over there..." in a mocking tone.

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
11/30/22 8:57 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Thanks - hopefully it clears soon. 

Glad to hear you recovered.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
11/30/22 10:10 p.m.

Last week the water heater E36 M3 the bed by spewing water out. Okay, caught it before major damage and replaced it next morning. Today the freezer stops working (again) and it's a Samsung so nobody services them. berkeley, time for a new fridge. Work is as busy as it's been in 18 months and is spanning 3 continents where nobody has their E36 M3 together. 1 month old is sleeping like a 1 month old. Expedition tire randomly got so flat it debeaded. No time to work on the car I need to work on to sell, much less the other 2 I want to be working on. What have I done?

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
11/30/22 10:18 p.m.

The skeletal injury is fixed, but man. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but my neck gets sore FAST. I'm sure some of it has to do with atrophy from being super cautious for the last 10 months. But my physical ability to do actual work is pretty poor these days. If I lean over (like under the hood of a car) I have about half an hour of work time before I'm looking at several days of muscle soreness.

Might be time to look at long term PT. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/1/22 7:43 a.m.

Starting to get really sick of this pellet stove.

No matter the adjustments, the burn pot always overflows with half burnt pellets, had to buy a fancy clean out T that doesn't fit hope I think it should to get all the fly ash out of the exhaust, it needs to be disconnected from the exhaust which is a royal PITA to get cleaned out fully at least every 2 weeks, now reading through the manual I have to pull it completely out and tear it down pretty thoroughly just to get to a couple spots that might holds ash every month?

Not to mention every time you just clean the burn pot it throws an error and needs to be shut down and fully cleaned again before it will restart. 

berkeley. Wasn't this damn maintenance intensive last winter. The Englander I had for over 20 years as NEVER this maintenance heavy, just shut it down and vacuum it once a week, once a year clean the exhaust pipe out. 

At least 4 tons of pellets cost less than one oil fill. 

Edit: oh good, I broke the vacuum line trying to get the GLUED ON YET SHOULD BE REMOVED EVERY MONTH cleanout plates out. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
12/1/22 8:31 a.m.
Appleseed said:
Duke said:

I just spent an hour chasing a 1/16" error around a computer model of a building I'm designing.

No one but me would ever have noticed it, or cared if they did.

That's because you have integrity.

Or OCD.

Maybe some of both.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/1/22 9:09 a.m.

I fell yesterday getting into the truck to stap a motor down in the rain. 

Hurting pretty good today, but commission waits for no man. 

Hopefully i find a taco truck to grab some emotional support food.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/1/22 9:29 a.m.

Woke up with a pain in my gut at 5am. I spent 75% of the next 2 hours on the toilet. I'm exhausted now but have to work. At least the pooping has stopped (knock on wood)

wae
wae PowerDork
12/1/22 9:37 a.m.

I was being super-productive and getting all manner of stuff done so far today.  I figured I was so far down my list that the day was going to sort of fly by and everything and that I should probably go ahead and grab some lunch.  And it was only 0930.  Oh boy....

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/1/22 10:19 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I tell a joke that I'm going to start a senior citizen tumbling class cause they fall a lot and break hips/knees.   You know, like if you're falling you're trained to tuck & roll and not get hurt.

Two winters ago I slipped on ice and landed on my back then I fell out of our work truck and messed up my shin.  

I can't even follow my own plans.  

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/1/22 10:20 a.m.

Have you ever had a project that just won't go right? No matter how hard you try or what you do, it's going to be wrong. 

This is that project and it can't be over fast enough. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
12/1/22 11:13 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Yes. So much yes. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
12/1/22 11:19 a.m.

Why do people waste my time on Facebook Marketplace. Why play 21 questions and then say "that sounds great, but I live in South Dakota so I can't buy it."  Why??! Why did you even bother me? 

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
12/1/22 11:24 a.m.

Dealing with the IRS...

Complete the online form... "we're sorry, we can't process your request at this time, please call xxx-xxx-xxxx"

Call the number, 5 minutes of menus, then "please use the online process to make this request" indecision

Call again, more menus, pick an option that's close and should result in human contact, "we're sorry, due to high call volume we can't take your call at this time.  Please call again later.  Goodbye."

angry

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/1/22 11:30 a.m.

In reply to Rodan :

SO SYMPATHIZE. I spent weeks dealing with that and it even end up costing me some money because they kept racking up interest while I had questions about a form.

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
12/1/22 11:39 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

So, on the 5th try, submitting exactly the same info, the online form worked... indecision

And now they want returns filed for multiple years for a family trust that had no tax liability...  in two weeks.  angry

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/1/22 12:25 p.m.
Toyman! said:

Have you ever had a project that just won't go right? No matter how hard you try or what you do, it's going to be wrong. 

This is that project and it can't be over fast enough. 

Change project to whole life and you'd be dead nuts on. Except for over fast enough part.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/1/22 12:53 p.m.

I put my resume on LinkedIn about 13 years ago. A contracting agency got my phone number from it and would call me about once every 6 months. I've asked them to quit calling me a few times. The stop for a while and then I have to have the same conversation with them again. Yesterday I was in the middle of interviewing someone over the phone and my phone kept ringing. I'd send it to voicemail and it would start ringing again. Super annoying. This morning the same pattern. Phone rings. I send it to voicemail. Phone rings again. Hmmmm, I wonder who that could be??? Sure enough, super annoying recruiter guy. I asked him in a nice but definitely annoyed tone to please quit calling and then hung up. I'm sure they will quit for a while and then start up again in 6 months or so.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/1/22 1:08 p.m.

I stopped after witnessing a major accident this morning. I jumped out and ran to the car on its side. Happily he had the sunroof open, and since he wasn't communicating much two of us pulled the sunroof off and got him out. He was fine once removed. The two of us went to the other car, and I pried open the passenger door. She was having trouble and said chest pains, so we decided to get her out, all the airbags were blown and she couldn't see anything from the airbag stuff in the air. I got the drivers side open, cut a few airbags, and we pulled her out. She was weak. We sat her down, and a few minutes later EMS arrived and we all backed off. They thanked us, a few of us shook hands, and everything was fine. I got back in my car and drove a mile or two, then completely fell apart. I didn't stop shaking for two hours.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
12/1/22 2:03 p.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

Forty years ago a guy passed out doing 40mph and slammed an old '72-ish beater Chevrolet C10 pickup into the back of a gravel hauler.  I was next to it and witnessed it all.  The images are still in my head.  

Glad you were on instinct and helped those people.  

warpedredneck
warpedredneck Reader
12/1/22 3:52 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Because there are an aweful lot of knobheads out there, I found my share of them too

wae
wae PowerDork
12/1/22 9:30 p.m.

My sister is a teacher at a small Catholic school on the west side of town.  The pay is crap, but it's her passion.  She texted me this evening on her way home and said her CEL was on and should she be concerned.  I told her that it probably wasn't a big deal and the next time I was nearby I'd hook up my code reader and see what's what.  Her reply:

While she was at work today and her car was parked in the parish/school parking lot, some asshat came along and cut the catalytic converter off of her 2004 CR-V.  There wasn't a single car parked in that lot that belonged to anybody that is making big bucks or has much, if any, disposable income to go off and have a new cat installed.  My sister is fortunate in that she has access to someone who can get parts on the cheap and install them for her.  But anybody else would be looking at what?  $1500, minimum?  A new cat plus at least one O2 sensor, probably 2.  And looking at that, they didn't even have the common berkeleying courtesy to cut on the cat side of the flange so I'm going to have to get a new flange and some pipe to connect to the muffler.  Giant flaming shiny happy people.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/2/22 3:07 a.m.

Went to activate emergency backup zx2 for a winter car and........clutch master cylinder is gone.

Worked fine when I drove it months ago, why does it never go smooth?!?

1 ... 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 ... 1926

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mzdUJWuP7tTb9IIhBX0QaAUNEfezVt27STPTp73ot0684qNuNDxuw8wkKVgWrL0L